not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Here we go again !!! Arghhhh

10 Mar 2018, 15:23

Only me again. Just a couple of questions for you.
Ever since I started at RM, ive had a rotating day off so this week, I’m off today (Saturday) so should be off Monday too so i have a long weekend however it’s been changed to a Friday & I only know this as I asked someone to send me a copy of rota for next week. I’ve actually made plans now for Monday. Where do I stand with this ?
Also I have about 4 or 5 people below me in sonority and most of them are on the same walk every day but I’m more or less on a different walk every day. Am I in my right to discuss this or not ?? Thanks

10 Mar 2018, 15:26

Did you and your manager agree you was off Monday? Did the manager notify you otherwise?

If not, I’d be taking my Monday off.

10 Mar 2018, 16:18

I just cannot get my head round why certain posties are put on so many different rounds when others are mainly kept on the same ones,its nothing to do with seniority more like favouritism. Surely it would be easier to work a rota out if a reserve did a different round weekly,not a different one each day,and they would be able to get used to it much better as well. :hmmmm

10 Mar 2018, 16:24

How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?

10 Mar 2018, 16:47

South_London_Postie wrote:Did you and your manager agree you was off Monday? Did the manager notify you otherwise?

If not, I’d be taking my Monday off.

Nope the manager hasn’t discussed anything with me. I only know I’m off on Monday as I asked a colleague to send me copy of rota

10 Mar 2018, 16:49

number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?

I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.

10 Mar 2018, 16:59

MissKazzyB wrote:
number one wrote:How long have you been on the duty thats had the long weekend? Are you a reserve?

I’m a reserve & been doing this duty for the past 4 weeks as duty holder has been on light duties however no matter what duty I’m on, I’ve always had a rotating day off.

Unless your the duty holder there is not much you can do about it

10 Mar 2018, 17:02

gary1975 wrote:
MissKazzyB wrote:

Unless your the duty holder there is not much you can do about it

The annoying thing now is I’ve booked all my annual leave based on my rest days each week. I’ve booked my my summer holiday abroad & everthing.

10 Mar 2018, 17:07

I was on a fixed duty for three years but pending a re-sign I have been made a reserve.

My days off over the last few weeks have gone: Tue, Thu, Sat, Fri, Thu - next week I was down for Mon off but this was changed (yesterday) to Fri. All the time I am reserve I know I cannot guarantee when my days off will be. Its called life in Royal Mail, it stinks but that is how it is.
Last edited by fb1969 on 10 Mar 2018, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

10 Mar 2018, 17:16

They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.
They’ve changed it without letting you know

10 Mar 2018, 18:49

If you have a rotating day off regardless of what duty your on then it must be a mistake on the sheet. If they have changed rota without letting you know it's their problem. Don't even mention it.

10 Mar 2018, 21:32

I didn’t even know there was a rota! :shock:

10 Mar 2018, 22:33

The Postman wrote:I didn’t even know there was a rota! :shock:

They're not that organised are they? :crazy:

10 Mar 2018, 22:44

Creditshampoo wrote:They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.

This 100% just play dumb.

10 Mar 2018, 23:48

CPTNemoUK wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:They haven’t told you. I’d just turn up Tuesday to be honest.

This 100% just play dumb.

Yep, rock on up Tuesday, swaying yer hips, whistling a tune and saying "who, me?"

Then grab your rep and shut 'em up.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2