not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


St Patrick's Bank Holiday

12 Feb 2018, 22:11

Wondering are we delivering on st Patrick’s day as it falls on a Saturday this year? Then get the Monday in lieu instead? Asking from Northern Ireland.

St Patrick’s Bank Holiday

13 Feb 2018, 11:58

:arrrghhh
Warriorpostie wrote:Wondering are we delivering on st Patrick’s day as it falls on a Saturday this year? Then get the Monday in lieu instead? Asking from Northern Ireland.




We don’t get st George’s day off so why should you get st Patrick’s day. totally unfair. Any how Northern Ireland is in uk

St Patrick’s Bank Holiday

13 Feb 2018, 12:27

Warriorpostie wrote:Wondering are we delivering on st Patrick’s day as it falls on a Saturday this year? Then get the Monday in lieu instead? Asking from Northern Ireland.


Yes. That’s exactly whats happening. It’s a joke. Anyone wanting to go to a St. Patricks day parade on Saturday can’t go. Then we get the Monday off. Then Tuesday is heavy because no one else is off. Rant over.

St Patrick’s Bank Holiday

13 Feb 2018, 13:41

PHARRY wrote::arrrghhh
Warriorpostie wrote:Wondering are we delivering on st Patrick’s day as it falls on a Saturday this year? Then get the Monday in lieu instead? Asking from Northern Ireland.




We don’t get st George’s day off so why should you get st Patrick’s day. totally unfair. Any how Northern Ireland is in uk

Image

St Patrick’s Bank Holiday

13 Feb 2018, 14:12

Mentioning the Mail should be another part of Godwin's law, but the OP is quite correct; why should people be treated differently?

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

13 Feb 2018, 21:09

I thought the 12th of July was a holiday for you in NI?

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

13 Feb 2018, 21:15

Yes you do get the Monday off.

As an Irish man, I can't understand how the English make such a big song and dance about St Patrick's Day.....

But when it comes to your patron saint day, nothing is done at all!!

Plastic paddies. ;-)

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

13 Feb 2018, 22:56

simply_the_best wrote:I thought the 12th of July was a holiday for you in NI?

It is aswell :thumbup

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

15 Feb 2018, 14:50

Mobey wrote:Yes you do get the Monday off.

As an Irish man, I can't understand how the English make such a big song and dance about St Patrick's Day.....

But when it comes to your patron saint day, nothing is done at all!!

Plastic paddies. ;-)


For me it's because they sell Guinness cheap in wetherspoons !

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

15 Feb 2018, 20:41

ted_e_bear wrote:
Mobey wrote:Yes you do get the Monday off.

As an Irish man, I can't understand how the English make such a big song and dance about St Patrick's Day.....

But when it comes to your patron saint day, nothing is done at all!!

Plastic paddies. ;-)


For me it's because they sell Guinness cheap in wetherspoons !

I thought that was the only reason :hmmmm

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

15 Feb 2018, 23:43

ted_e_bear wrote:For me it's because they sell Guinness cheap in wetherspoons !


Yes, but it's not the proper Guinness that you get in Ireland!
Last edited by Mobey on 16 Feb 2018, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

16 Feb 2018, 00:36

:thumbup
Mobey wrote:
ted_e_bear wrote:For me it's because they sell Guinness cheap in wetherspoons !


Yes, but it's not the proper guineas that you get in Ireland!

Only the best of the black stuff in ireland especially dublin :thumbup

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

16 Feb 2018, 19:52

I fancy a proper Guiness now. :thumbdown :mad

St Patrick’s Bank Holiday

18 Feb 2018, 11:47

PHARRY wrote::arrrghhh
Warriorpostie wrote:Wondering are we delivering on st Patrick’s day as it falls on a Saturday this year? Then get the Monday in lieu instead? Asking from Northern Ireland.




We don’t get st George’s day off so why should you get st Patrick’s day. totally unfair. Any how Northern Ireland is in uk

I don't think it's an extra day off. I think it's the same with 2nd jan that Scotland gets off. We all get the same amount of Bank Hols.

St Patrick's Bank Holiday

18 Feb 2018, 12:03

No, NI gets 10, the rest of us get 8.

Scotland gets Jan 2nd but doesn't get Good Friday which is ironic given that we're taking about NI. Maybe that's why they signed the agreement on Good Friday, so you chancers wouldn't try for number 11.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2