ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PAY AND FOUR PILLARS AGREEMENT... HERE

Premier Inn doc.

12 Feb 2018, 20:28

There is a documentary on Channel Four now about Premier Inn. The CEO is paid a big fat wage. Six hundred thousand pound bonus for the CEO last year. Thousands of pounds bonuses for upper management for issuing unreachable targets to employees. The cleaners are given just twenty minutes to clean each room. They end up not having time to take their paid breaks and maybe eat scraps from hotel breakfasts. They arrive an hour early and go home after their paid hours end so are doing hours of unpaid work every week.

Remind you of anywhere else ???????

Premier Inn doc.

12 Feb 2018, 21:09

Celgar wrote:There is a documentary on Channel Four now about Premier Inn. The CEO is paid a big fat wage. Six hundred thousand pound bonus for the CEO last year. Thousands of pounds bonuses for upper management for issuing unreachable targets to employees. The cleaners are given just twenty minutes to clean each room. They end up not having time to take their paid breaks and maybe eat scraps from hotel breakfasts. They arrive an hour early and go home after their paid hours end so are doing hours of unpaid work every week.

The supervisors comments to the undercover worker comparing her to another worker who the supervisor said worked faster certainly struck a cord. Lo and behold the faster worker was cutting corners and not following correct procedures to get the job done.

Premier Inn doc.

13 Feb 2018, 12:42

Celgar wrote:There is a documentary on Channel Four now about Premier Inn. The CEO is paid a big fat wage. Six hundred thousand pound bonus for the CEO last year. Thousands of pounds bonuses for upper management for issuing unreachable targets to employees. The cleaners are given just twenty minutes to clean each room. They end up not having time to take their paid breaks and maybe eat scraps from hotel breakfasts. They arrive an hour early and go home after their paid hours end so are doing hours of unpaid work every week.

Do the cleaners also get nearly £11 per hour, go home early when finished and still get paid, or work overtime whilst still on their own hours. 6 weeks holiday a year, 6 months full sick pay, shares, dividends xmas bonus.
The programme on focused on sub contract employees, I remember Dispatches doing a similar hatchet programme on RM some 5 or 6 years ago, again just reporting on casuals in and around London City centre. Scumbag journos only showing you what they want to.

Premier Inn doc.

13 Feb 2018, 18:53

Of course journalism is always about creating a story and then embellishing it. However the facts remain that while the upper echelons of management feather their nests and pay as little tax as they can possibly get away with, they treat the people who do the menial tasks with less and less respect, flout many h&S issues and pay as little as they can get away with. Is this the society that we want our young to have to cope with as they reach working age. As for £11 per hour. Hardly a fortune and still a long way from becoming a wage that provides security for a family with 2 or 3 children.

Premier Inn doc.

13 Feb 2018, 21:38

Celgar wrote:They end up not having time to take their paid breaks and maybe eat scraps from hotel breakfasts. They arrive an hour early and go home after their paid hours end so are doing hours of unpaid work every week.

No. If anybody does that more fool them. I never start early, I take my breaks (or take them off my finish time) and make sure I'm paid any overtime owed. If I cannot go over I cut off.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1