not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

bit worried

08 Feb 2018, 21:43

Been slogging the streets for 23 years for this wonderful caring company,i know a few lads who have had to have ops on there knees,due to wear and tear in this job,but I want to know anybody on delivery ever had trouble with there hips,im only in my mid forties,but ive felt very uncomfortable today with pain in my right hip,coming and going,booked in at docs but cant get seen for 2 weeks,anyone had the same,im a bit concerned to be honest.

bit worried

08 Feb 2018, 21:46

Don't assume the worst. There are a million things that can cause this and in most cases it's temporary or easy to fix! :hmmmm

bit worried

08 Feb 2018, 22:25

comeracing wrote:Been slogging the streets for 23 years for this wonderful caring company,i know a few lads who have had to have ops on there knees,due to wear and tear in this job,but I want to know anybody on delivery ever had trouble with there hips,im only in my mid forties,but ive felt very uncomfortable today with pain in my right hip,coming and going,booked in at docs but cant get seen for 2 weeks,anyone had the same,im a bit concerned to be honest.

Lad in his 30's had a hip replacement, off for 6 months.

I have a problem with my right hip, but it seemed to ease when I started using a trolley. Also, the pain in my feet and knees means the hip just gets forgotten about.

bit worried

08 Feb 2018, 22:28

I used to get a lot of hip pain but it's a lot better since I've started using my trolley

bit worried

09 Feb 2018, 06:30

have arthritus in knees and also hip probs now but like other ppl say using the trolley is so slow but for me it doesnt make everything hurt as much.ok the trolley pulls ur shoulders.but all in all its better than carrying a pouch.im 53 y/o 29 yrs serv

bit worried

09 Feb 2018, 12:17

I get hip pain if my shoes are anything older than three months. Most likely sciatica in my case and can be caused by poor support from shoes. Trying to get new shoes more often than every 6-8 months that's another story.

bit worried

09 Feb 2018, 21:07

I've got a pain in the neck, aka DOM/Lino's :whistle

bit worried

10 Feb 2018, 21:52

Shoes are key to a lot of the aches and pains that I was getting, I now make sure I have new ones every 6-8 weeks. I also have a brand new pair of gel insoles for every new pair of shoes. I would also recommend drinking plenty of water and a daily dose of cod liver oil.
All of the above have definitely helped me.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1