not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Holiday carry over

10 Jan 2018, 19:13

Hi,

Do RM allow us to carry over any unused holiday to the new holiday year?

Thanks

Holiday carry over

10 Jan 2018, 20:45

Mallij wrote:Hi,

Do RM allow us to carry over any unused holiday to the new holiday year?

Thanks

Under the Way Forward Agreement you can carry over a total of 5 days into the following financial year
There are exceptional circumstances to this to be mutually agreed with your manager if operational needs have not allowed you to take your holiday leave entitlement.

Holiday carry over

10 Jan 2018, 20:46

Yes.

Holiday carry over

10 Jan 2018, 20:46

Yes. Some will say 4-7 days maximum but I know people who have carried 3 weeks over

Holiday carry over

10 Jan 2018, 21:51

rehabron wrote:if operational needs have not allowed you to take your holiday leave entitlement.

Operational needs cannot justify RM denying you holiday to which you are contractually entitled within a given leave year. By mutual agreement, leave may be carried over but RM may allocate you outstanding leave or you may insist on it being allocated in the current year.

Holiday carry over

11 Jan 2018, 06:42

I've carried 5 days over for the last 4 years, getting beyond a joke now that I'm not allowed to take it. Managed to get 1 week that I wanted for 1st 4 weeks, last 2 weeks being picked on seniority(complete joke)

Holiday carry over

11 Jan 2018, 14:13

frankieboy wrote:I've carried 5 days over for the last 4 years, getting beyond a joke now that I'm not allowed to take it. Managed to get 1 week that I wanted for 1st 4 weeks, last 2 weeks being picked on seniority(complete joke)

Seniority isn’t allowed in annual leave allocation and you don’t have to carry over if you don’t want to

Holiday carry over

11 Jan 2018, 16:45

Creditshampoo wrote:
frankieboy wrote:I've carried 5 days over for the last 4 years, getting beyond a joke now that I'm not allowed to take it. Managed to get 1 week that I wanted for 1st 4 weeks, last 2 weeks being picked on seniority(complete joke)

Seniority isn’t allowed in annual leave allocation and you don’t have to carry over if you don’t want to

Beg to differ, union rep coming round with a list of employees running from top to bottom in years of service, even after 12 years of service I'm way down the list and left with the dregs that the management say are left.

Holiday carry over

11 Jan 2018, 18:54

Once again I rely on the oracle https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=40008

fishtank wrote:Both the Way Forward;Seniority..http://www.cwu-e4.co.uk/files/wf-seniority.pdf
And the Way Forward;Annual Leave Allocation...https://cwue5.org/2016/09/10/way-forwar ... ment-2001/

State that seniority should NOT be used for allocating annual leave.
To be honest i'm surprised so many offices have got away with it for so long.
That said neither is a first come,first served system fair and i wouldn't be having that either so use the disagreement process by all means but don't cite seniority because that won't cut it. :neutral:

fishtank wrote:The Way Forward Seniority states...

Note also that seniority will not be used for leave selection (except possibly to allocate employees
into rotating groups) once local leave selection processes have been reviewed. This will be
necessary to conform with the criteria set out in the agreement on Annual Leave: “all employees will be included on an equal basis”

The Way Forward Annual Leave states...

Holiday carry over

11 Jan 2018, 19:11

frankieboy wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:

Beg to differ, union rep coming round with a list of employees running from top to bottom in years of service, even after 12 years of service I'm way down the list and left with the dregs that the management say are left.

Your union rep is pathetic

Holiday carry over

12 Jan 2018, 20:09

Can I ask where you get all this information from on annual leave allocation/ way forward agreement? We're not told any of this at work and I only know from this forum. Is it actually on the Royal Mail website? Thanks

Holiday carry over

12 Jan 2018, 20:28

St1983 wrote:Can I ask where you get all this information from on annual leave allocation/ way forward agreement? We're not told any of this at work and I only know from this forum. Is it actually on the Royal Mail website? Thanks

The agreement is literally a few posts above

Holiday carry over

20 Jan 2018, 20:21

I asked my manager today if I could carry over 5 days to next leave year, he said that was ok but that there was no guarantee that I would get using them and was up to me if wanted to do that and take risk. What happens if I can't get using them do I just lose them?
Also, if you have the leave and there are free weeks is there any restriction on number of weeks leave in year i.e if I had 25 days, can I take 5 weeks off throughout year?

Holiday carry over

20 Jan 2018, 23:12

Lou_352 wrote:I asked my manager today if I could carry over 5 days to next leave year, he said that was ok but that there was no guarantee that I would get using them and was up to me if wanted to do that and take risk. What happens if I can't get using them do I just lose them?
Also, if you have the leave and there are free weeks is there any restriction on number of weeks leave in year i.e if I had 25 days, can I take 5 weeks off throughout year?

If you have the leave and some weeks are free nothing stopping you booking them.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1