not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

New System Holiday Pick

09 Jan 2018, 14:29

Don't know if other offices have always done this,but this years holiday pick has been split into 2 sections,1 for full time and 1 for part time. Same amount of people allowed off,but 4 from the full time and 2 from the part time. My query is,if the allocation of spaces for full time for a certain week is full but the part time section for the same week is not,is it not possible for the full timer or vice versa to take up that space. I have been in the job 16 years and it never caused a problem before.

New System Holiday Pick

09 Jan 2018, 15:44

weve been on this system for the last 2 years picking.

roughly 7 off any 1 week split into approx 5 fulltime and 2 part time off each week.

and now they implement an area agreement were as the xmas pressure is to start middle nov....soooo the first 2 weeks in nov only allow 2 full and 1 part time off
and the last 2 weeks onward no hols allowed,,,,,,i ve still got a weeks unpicked hols for 2018-2019 and no spaces.....gunna be interesting getting them in somewere.

New System Holiday Pick

09 Jan 2018, 15:46

I would imagine that it would be fine for a part timer to take a full time slot if the full time slots were free but not the other way round.

If the plan was 4 ft and 2 pt off then 3 ft 3 pt probably wouldn't cause too many problems. But if those 6 slots were 5:1 or 6:0 then you could end up with too many part timers and not enough ft to sort the mail.

New System Holiday Pick

09 Jan 2018, 16:38

Cheers for the reply,seems odd how for all these years it hasn't been a problem but now it can't be done. We now have a week in the summer unfilled.

New System Holiday Pick

09 Jan 2018, 18:45

centenaryman wrote:weve been on this system for the last 2 years picking.

roughly 7 off any 1 week split into approx 5 fulltime and 2 part time off each week.

and now they implement an area agreement were as the xmas pressure is to start middle nov....soooo the first 2 weeks in nov only allow 2 full and 1 part time off
and the last 2 weeks onward no hols allowed,,,,,,i ve still got a weeks unpicked hols for 2018-2019 and no spaces.....gunna be interesting getting them in somewere.

Thing to watch out for there. The less weeks available for holidays in the year the more people you have to let off per week. If only three weeks are blocked at xmas in an office of 100 who have all got 6 weeks leave then you have to let 12.2 people off per week. (100 staff x 6weeks divided by 49 available weeks)

Block two more weeks and then you have to let 13 people off . That means you need an extra reserve to cover duties. That's why you can't get your leave

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1