ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

Physically Exhausted!!!!

05 Dec 2017, 21:06

Hi all

Just wondering if it’s personally me or are others feeling the same.
Today & yesterday I have felt so tired & my whole body is aching. It’s pissing me off tbh as ive no energy to do anything indoors when I get home. I’m just about making dinner & then leaving the washing up until the next day. It’s driving me nuts.
I’m wondering if it’s my age creeping up on me all of a sudden (43) or I’m just not physically fit enough for this job :-((
Or is it the weather cos it’s so cold.
I feel like how I felt when I first started this job. Then it started to get easier as I got used to it & now back to square one.

I know it’s xmas & busy but today was really light, Like a normal Tuesday but yet I felt exhausted, tired & achey.

Help!!!!!!

Physically Exhausted!!!!

05 Dec 2017, 21:26

Nope. It's Christmas. Strolling around, leaving more than ever. Easiest time of the year. :nana

Physically Exhausted!!!!

05 Dec 2017, 22:33

Will be honest. I have days were my body feels like I have zero energy. Had one just last week. i still had 4 loops left and i felt like my body was about to give in.

But i also agree with the other guy. This time of year is great, i chuck every large packet out and just got my loops to do. Stress free and a nice stroll round.

Physically Exhausted!!!!

05 Dec 2017, 22:47

Yes it is a physically demanding job,the cold weather doesnt help as you are using up so much energy to keep warm,I dont think those at the top really have any idea how hard this job is. Age doesnt seem to come into the equation with RM,whether you are young or old you should always be able to work at the same speed as the fastest postie.What a load of claptrap.
Good luck Kazzy B,I have walked in your shoes and know what its like to be completely knackered.

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 02:55

Maybe best if you visit the Dr’s, you might have an underlying issue, better to be safe etc

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 05:00

The rounds are too big and the. Amount of time were walking for is ridiculous , our bodies are getting constantly battered

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 08:06

I feel like that and I'm retired! There's a lot of colds and coughs going round, which I've got. I just think it's the time of year when we generally have less energy.
The days are at their shortest, and we get little natural light. I feel at my most energetic when the days are long, sunny and warm.
Christmas should be moved to July!

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 08:22

Brandy wrote:Yes it is a physically demanding job,the cold weather doesnt help as you are using up so much energy to keep warm,I dont think those at the top really have any idea how hard this job is. Age doesnt seem to come into the equation with RM,whether you are young or old you should always be able to work at the same speed as the fastest postie.What a load of claptrap.
Good luck Kazzy B,I have walked in your shoes and know what its like to be completely knackered.

I know this job is a killer. I was only commenting about this time of year. That I find it easier because I can get rid of my large packets. But the rest of the year when I've got to rush round doing them kills me. I have many of afternoon naps :Very Happy

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 09:13

MissKazzyB wrote:Hi all

Today & yesterday I have felt so tired & my whole body is aching. It’s pissing me off tbh as ive no energy to do anything indoors when I get home. I’m just about making dinner & then leaving the washing up until the next day. It’s driving me nuts.
I’m wondering if it’s my age creeping up on me all of a sudden (43) or I’m just not physically fit enough for this job :-((
I feel like how I felt when I first started this job. Then it started to get easier as I got used to it & now back to square one.

I know it’s xmas & busy but today was really light, Like a normal Tuesday but yet I felt exhausted, tired & achey.

Help!!!!!!

The job is demanding but u can help yourself, because let’s be honest management are only interested if u are the most lazy & don’t want to work. Take plenty of fluids with u even in the cold your body dehydrates, always take something to eat with u, I always have a break even iif it’s only 10 minutes in the van. Cut the loops down, if u work in 2 change the wayu deliver so u cut out the dead walking, did it with my job cut 30 minutes of it.

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 14:25

flu creeping in kazzy maybe :nervous :Sick :Sick

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 15:26

This job ain't easy any more... and a 14 mile walk with climbing will make anyone feel tired :sad:

When you get home after a hard day's graft feel good about the fact that you've made a fantastic contribution to society and your town's wellbeing in general. You've earned your pennies... and aren't a parasite ( like many out there ?)

I feel tired but "clean" at the end of a day ... and the fatigue only seems to hit me when I get home :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!

Even with all the shite ... this is still the best job in the world :wink:

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 15:42

You need to look after yourself.

Slow down, stop rushing all the time!!!

Only do what you can in your time and cut off the rest. (the duties have been made unachievable) (see cut off procedure)

Do NOT let emotional blackmail off peers and managers have any effect on you.

Go home and relax!

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 15:50

If you need to use a Light Weight Trolley then use one. Don't succumb to pressure from park & loop partner to take massive overloaded bags on your shoulder

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 17:27

MissKazzyB wrote:Hi all

Help!!!!!!

No

Physically Exhausted!!!!

06 Dec 2017, 17:29

I’m feeling exactly the same been here a few years now and I’m back to feeling like when I first started. Just physically exhausted so much so that some days I feel like I can’t go on and like I won’t be able to finish the round. This is even with giving some back, using the LWT etc. It can’t be to do with age as I’m in my 20’s. I’ve considered quitting as I’m just feeling knackered all day every day which is a shame as I do like the job itself I just think this surely can’t be good for my body if this is how I’m feeling!!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4