ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

Hospital appointment

05 Dec 2017, 14:53

I'm trying to get day off for my son's(20 months) hospital appointment.
DOM asked me "what time is the appointment?" and asking me to do my duties before and afterward.
An hour drive to hospital, if everything run smooth with NHS 1:30 hour for his tests then an hour drive back him to home.

Is this normal? As I haven't asked day off for hospital appointment before.

Hospital appointment

05 Dec 2017, 15:17

spartakus wrote:
Is this normal?

Nothing in Royal Mail is normal, least of all the behaviour of a manager when you need time off.
Perhaps he thinks the child could attend on their own? That would solve his resourcing problem......

Offer to swap your day off if possible.
Offer to use up a day of annual leave if possible.
But at the end of any discussion you will need to be granted the time off.
Get your rep involved.

Hospital appointment

05 Dec 2017, 15:37

spartakus wrote:I'm trying to get day off for my son's(20 months) hospital appointment.
DOM asked me "what time is the appointment?" and asking me to do my duties before and afterward.
An hour drive to hospital, if everything run smooth with NHS 1:30 hour for his tests then an hour drive back him to home.

Is this normal? As I haven't asked day off for hospital appointment before.

..The union agreement with Parcelforce clearly states that ..if you have a hospital appointment which is during working hours and cannot be arranged for your time off then Parcelforce will cover that day as Special Leave,,and not as a days annual leave..
I wonder if the same rules apply with RM Letters?

Hospital appointment

05 Dec 2017, 15:40

You are not allowed any life/commitments outside RM. This caring company we work for just use and abuse. Hope you get what you want. :wave

Hospital appointment

05 Dec 2017, 16:12

Policies to look at & what Clash said...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf

Hospital appointment

05 Dec 2017, 16:24

A lot of managers in Royal Mail don't seem to have been involved at any point in the lives of their children, perhaps that's not such a bad thing. He will of course be wondering why a father needs to be with his child during a hospital appointment and why "the wife" doesn't just get on with it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1