ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE


Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 19:06

I dont want to work past my time on delivery. What is the best way to tell a manager you want to work to your time?


Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 19:35

What is the best way to tell a manager you want to work to your time?


With a shotgun in your hand

Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 19:38

Get a copy of Annex 1 of The Conduct Code and read it out to him/her to follow correct procedure. Stick to that day after day if you can't complete.

Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 20:18

Here's a radical idea, how about saying "I am only working to my time!" :roll:

Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 21:08

Inform him/her that you are struggling today and won't be able to complete, await the look of :shock: then get asked what's the problem :crazy: then politely say it's a tad busier than normal... await response, If you get told to take it all out ring them an our from finish time to say where your at.

The end.

Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 21:31

our office has been telling staff to stream mail :whistle
should this be reported

Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 21:47

hans solo wrote:our office has been telling staff to stream mail :whistle
should this be reported


Yes. Your manager and yourself can be conducted

Overtime

04 Dec 2017, 23:01

I know I am out of the job now but I cannot believe some of the comments on here. We always knew what other offices were doing and backed each other. Now it seems half of you don't even know the pay rates and allowances. I feel like coming back into the job and becoming a rep because it is getting beyond a joke. Stand firm together and you will not be beaten. The job has changed but now their just taking the piss.

Overtime

05 Dec 2017, 01:17

zz666 wrote:I dont want to work past my time on delivery. What is the best way to tell a manager you want to work to your time?


if you want to be polite "sorry, i only wish to work my hours, i have other commitments outside of work"

Overtime

05 Dec 2017, 06:21

just tell him/her that your working up to your time so what would you like me to do , no doubt they will go through the dims work book , WHY ? MAILS DOWN ? ITS NOT BUSY ? THERES NOT A LOT OF PARCELS ? ITS THAT TIME OF THE YEAR ? FLEXIBILITY ? and so the s**t goes on :left: , then ask is o/t compulsory now ? o/t is voluntary so its finish time and home :wave

Overtime

05 Dec 2017, 19:46

Got the 'You want to leave more than yesterday' speech today. The 'you are f***ing joking look' did the business. :nana

Overtime

05 Dec 2017, 20:38

zz666 wrote:I dont want to work past my time on delivery. What is the best way to tell a manager you want to work to your time?

Tell him and walk off

Overtime

05 Dec 2017, 21:40

sixfoottwo wrote:Inform him/her that you are struggling today and won't be able to complete, await the look of :shock: then get asked what's the problem :crazy: then politely say it's a tad busier than normal... await response, If you get told to take it all out ring them an our from finish time to say where your at.

The end.


It's just a turn of phrase but personally I wouldn't use the words 'I am struggling today' - this implies you might be at fault in some way
rather than the office being under resourced to complete the task.

Overtime

06 Dec 2017, 06:52

Someone mentioned that you could be conducted for streaming if ordered to do so by a manager I don’t see how you could be anyone can explain to me how you would be?

Overtime

06 Dec 2017, 12:53

terry2972 wrote:Someone mentioned that you could be conducted for streaming if ordered to do so by a manager I don’t see how you could be anyone can explain to me how you would be?

The manager denies telling you to stream. :hmmmm

Always make sure its written down in the log as per the "Overrunning Procedure"

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2