ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

New PDA holder order number

14 Nov 2017, 18:51

Anyone know the order number for the new PDA holsters? the DIM got some but are the ones that go on your belt, I did tell him not to get them as I would imagine getting in and out of the van with them to be a pain, I believe they do one that can be placed in it's own holder and be worn over your shoulder like the old PDA holders, as he is off this week just thought I might get the cover to order them, just thought someone might know what it is, despite the courier saying ages ago that a few of each would be sent to each office never seen any! thanks for any help

15 Nov 2017, 15:47

If you find out please post here. There is no holsters in our office and I'd love one. :pray

15 Nov 2017, 22:37

ok so I think the order number is sl2264 8401 will try to get the cover to order them, bet the wrong ones turn up will let you know

16 Nov 2017, 06:44

We got both in our office. I have got the belt one which I don't use no more because they are useless. The bloody pda just falls out of it. Not used the over the shoulder one so can't comment on that one.

31 Dec 2017, 10:08

Are these shoulder holsters actually a thing? I'd love to try one as continually resetting from ad-hoc delivery or trying to get my PDA to believe I don't want write a memo or actually cancel DUMMY 01 whatever the heck that might be is driving me batty. As soon as I put it in any pocket I hear that beep and momentarily lose the will to live.

A belt holder would be a total pain getting in and out of the van, I can see that without trying it, but a shoulder holster sounds like it might work. I've made tentative enquiries at the DO but haven't received much more of a response than the returned 'who do you think you are, James Bond?'

So, are they a thing? Does anyone here wear one? Where and how do I get one? Does it make you feel like James Bond?

31 Dec 2017, 10:31

well 007, it said so in the courier, we had the belt ones, total crap for in and out the vans, we used the shoulder ones for the old pdas, they were great on collections as it gave you a free hand what with the keys mail etc, I have not seen them in the wild! or even a picture, when they were in the courier when they came out, they did say that a dozen of each would be sent to each office so you could see what they are like, never seen them, other opgs have used them and seen them so they are actually a thing! I gave the DOM the code, but be aware I was given this code and told that was it, however it might not be and who knows wtf will turn up, gave him the code some months ago and still not here, but that says nothing as we can't get big bands, delivery pouches, trolleys, htcs, they took the facility of washing the vans at the local car wash off the fuel cards so we now have a bucket and brush that has seen better days, still new year soon, I am sure that will be all sorted! lol

31 Dec 2017, 18:52

I use over the shoulder, both Del and Collections, the PDA screen is forever touching my clothes and if they're wet then it senses a touch and does random s**t: Cancelling Route, etc etc. No end of failed scans. When it's not bouncing into me, it's bouncing into gateposts and cracking the glass.

I'd shove the PDA in my pocket: that's most convenient, but uniform's so cheaply made [crap] that the stitching fails after a month of that.

02 Jan 2018, 21:55

Jimbo2017 wrote:I use over the shoulder, both Del and Collections, the PDA screen is forever touching my clothes and if they're wet then it senses a touch and does random s**t: Cancelling Route, etc etc. No end of failed scans. When it's not bouncing into me, it's bouncing into gateposts and cracking the glass.

I'd shove the PDA in my pocket: that's most convenient, but uniform's so cheaply made [crap] that the stitching fails after a month of that.

when you say jimbo it senses a touch if your clothes are wet, you can put the thing to sleep with the power button, just thought you might not know, yes the other ones used to bounce around a bit, only tended to use the over the shoulder on collections, I too just stick it in me pocket, the thing is now it's never bloody in there with the amount of scanning needed now, so would use it on delivery as well, if only I could get one!! lol

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1