ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Xmas is a joke on delivery

14 Nov 2017, 16:45

At WTL this morning DOM states we have no extra vans over Christmas and originally they were getting all the zero contract 25 hour staff to do 2pm till 7pm delivering parcels.
But there is a problem .......... delivery staff will not be finishing their rounds by 2pm :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle .
We had previously had night staff doing sorting but that's been stopped and after asking who wants to come in 2 hours early to do sorting, only a few said yes,
There will not be enough PDA's for everyone and RM haven't got any more to give us so we are going to have to write them all down and get someone who is on rehab to download them all manually and leave the 2D barcoded mail:left: :left: :left: good luck
What a tin pot firm we work for

14 Nov 2017, 17:15

it is a joke its there busiest time and they haven't got a f***ing clue or a plan to sort it and take pressure of the walking , I could understand if it was a different date every year but heho :crazy: , they just rely on staff working 70 hours a week to drag them out the s**t and make it work and its the same every year clueless . but we still have a finish time :thumbup :wave

14 Nov 2017, 18:57

Royal Mails xmas plan - "Pressure and guilt them all to do overtime"

14 Nov 2017, 19:11

A total shambles it gets worse every year.Just so glad I am out of all this.RM is a disgrace!! :shock:

14 Nov 2017, 19:20

Postie45 wrote:Royal Mails xmas plan - "Pressure and guilt them all to do overtime"

Totally true. Pick on the quiet ones or newbies worried about being kept on after their trial period ends. Last year was chaos in our office due to a lack of extra vans. God knows what we are in for this year :pray

14 Nov 2017, 19:31

Lack of basic tools to do the job - we have no DTN cards and have to ask daily for managers to supply 739s & bands, that along with having to train new guys during the busiest period of the year.. it's a farce !

14 Nov 2017, 21:38

I'm on packets this year. 7 till 3 the hours. Never thought to ask if I'd have a van and pda, f**kin' hope so :chuckle

14 Nov 2017, 22:14

I had some 1 to 7 shifts last year,didn't really work as the first vans did not get back till 3 on a good day. On some days I was going out with a lwt with a few packets for the local area for something to do. The office was a shambles as there were yorkies full of packets all over the place, definitely not doing it this year. Hopefully won't get asked to go out at 7am till 9am and do some packets either, kept on coming back to a hardly touched frame and being asked why I was last out!

15 Nov 2017, 15:53

I think our mail centre is starting to feel the pressure, the sequenced trays come with a handwritten label, IF they have one at all. :crazy:

15 Nov 2017, 21:17

How i feel sorry for my old work colleagues at RM at this time of year, looking at the feedback on here things seem to be getting worse, lack of staff, vans, bullying and harassment, rounds too big etc etc, just glad i left the business a few years ago and never been happier. :Very Happy

16 Nov 2017, 05:45

Apparently all Christmas-related issues in our office will be solved by the the sick and lame being rounded up and put on early morning IPS.

16 Nov 2017, 10:22

I'll be working my hours, no overtime, never do. I'll be cutting off like I do every year, maybe do half a walk tops!

If they can flood the mail centres with extra staff and give none to delivery offices then they can simply f**k right off!

16 Nov 2017, 12:47

Agree 100%
When I first started every walk in the office had a casual with you along with every driving duty.
That all stopped years ago and overtime was given instead which is great if you need the cash but we are all getting older the walks have got bigger not saying we don't need them in mail centres because we do but they should also be used in delivery offices where the workload is much much tougher and the need for them greater.

16 Nov 2017, 14:02

Aye, never understood how there is an obvious need for more staff in a mail centre, but no extra staff to deliver it ! Bizarre

16 Nov 2017, 16:36

malcolm3011 wrote:How i feel sorry for my old work colleagues at RM at this time of year, looking at the feedback on here things seem to be getting worse, lack of staff, vans, bullying and harassment, rounds too big etc etc, just glad i left the business a few years ago and never been happier. :Very Happy

I totally agree with you,only I feel sorry for them all year the way they are being treated.The s**t will hit the fan soon,as they can only take so much.So glad I was able to walk away.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2