ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Suspended From Driving! What happens to Scheduled attendance Collection?

13 Nov 2017, 16:28

I ve been taken off Driving since May. As a result of clipping another Van at low speed in the Yard.
I m on delivery But now do only the Walkers part of shared Van duties, so not exactly stressed to not be driving.

No ERICA or investigative interview was ever completed. My Lineo just told me I was off driving and in over six months the subject hasn't been reviewed.

I used to do a Scheduled Attendance on Collections once a week. As I cant drive I cant do it! but I ve been coming in and doing Segging on Collections ( Overtime no S/A) instead.

Last week I was on Annual Leave so I asked the collections supervisor to make sure I still got paid for my Scheduled Attendance ( I ve not been taken off it or had my contract changed ) , He always paid me my Holidays in the past. This week however the Book in Clerk has told him , as I haven't done the duty for 4 weeks I cant be paid Holiday on it!

What are the rights and wrongs of this. One Rep even reckons as I was suspended/ its suspension oN Full pay and that I Should have been paid the Schedule throughout the whole period.

I m not bothered too much about that , as I ve been picking up the segging. But I would like to know if I'm not entitled to Holiday Pay on A schedule I am still Contracted to but they have suspended me from driving on?

13 Nov 2017, 16:57

Sounds a bit extreme, sorry can't advise on the ins and outs of SA holiday pay, but at our place everyone who has a bump be it minor, major or whatever seems to get taken off driving but has to go out on a long changeover type driving test with the RM appointed driving examiner, this happens really quickly usually within a week so suspect your Dom could have got you back driving and therefore picking up your SA related payments months ago, perhaps you could ask when you're going to be back driving again.

13 Nov 2017, 17:28

magicw wrote:I ve been taken off Driving since May. As a result of clipping another Van at low speed in the Yard.
I m on delivery But now do only the Walkers part of shared Van duties, so not exactly stressed to not be driving.

No ERICA or investigative interview was ever completed. My Lineo just told me I was off driving and in over six months the subject hasn't been reviewed.

I used to do a Scheduled Attendance on Collections once a week. As I cant drive I cant do it! but I ve been coming in and doing Segging on Collections ( Overtime no S/A) instead.

Last week I was on Annual Leave so I asked the collections supervisor to make sure I still got paid for my Scheduled Attendance ( I ve not been taken off it or had my contract changed ) , He always paid me my Holidays in the past. This week however the Book in Clerk has told him , as I haven't done the duty for 4 weeks I cant be paid Holiday on it!

What are the rights and wrongs of this. One Rep even reckons as I was suspended/ its suspension oN Full pay and that I Should have been paid the Schedule throughout the whole period.

I m not bothered too much about that , as I ve been picking up the segging. But I would like to know if I'm not entitled to Holiday Pay on A schedule I am still Contracted to but they have suspended me from driving on?

Well you seem to have left this for a considerable period and now aggrieved that your SA payments have been removed from your holiday pay. At the time of your minor bump this should have been actioned by the completion of an ERICA and the RTA reporting procedure. Normal procedure if a blameworthy is appropriate you would receive a driving assessment from a RM approved instructor/ Advanced Driver Coach and you should have brought this to your union rep attention why this has not taken place. As you seemed quite happy to receive o/T instead of your SA payment and not pressed for a driving reassessment not being able to complete your SA contract for 4 weeks it is now deemed that you have withdrawn from your SA commitment.

13 Nov 2017, 18:17

Normally 3 accidents in 3 years but ask yourself who does it now bet it's the gaffers mate!

13 Nov 2017, 18:41

k979aaa wrote:Normally 3 accidents in 3 years but ask yourself who does it now bet it's the gaffers mate!

Actually on quite a few Occasions it his Son! Couldn't make it up.

To be fair I haven't kicked up a fuss because I quite like not having the stress of having to drive for them on delivery. I m only questioning the non payment of Holiday Pay. Its always paid on Schedules and they haven't officially moved me of my Schedule. Not contract change or notification. The collections supervisor just finds me indoor work but this is not on Schedules.

I always thought all suspension was on full pay??? Hardly my fault if they haven't completed an Investigation or even an ERICA. I reported the incident to my Lineo immediately and even offered to come in the next day (my day off) to complete any necessary paperwork.

13 Nov 2017, 19:22

magicw wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Normally 3 accidents in 3 years but ask yourself who does it now bet it's the gaffers mate!

Actually on quite a few Occasions it his Son! Couldn't make it up.

To be fair I haven't kicked up a fuss because I quite like not having the stress of having to drive for them on delivery. I m only questioning the non payment of Holiday Pay. Its always paid on Schedules and they haven't officially moved me of my Schedule. Not contract change or notification. The collections supervisor just finds me indoor work but this is not on Schedules.

I always thought all suspension was on full pay??? Hardly my fault if they haven't completed an Investigation or even an ERICA. I reported the incident to my Lineo immediately and even offered to come in the next day (my day off) to complete any necessary paperwork.

Now that you have added a bit more to your original posting that the incident has been reported to you lino did you inform your union rep at the same time that you have been removed from driving and lino has not completed the paperwork. This is November and this occurred in May surely by this time it must have been noticeable to your union rep why you were no longer driving and you were not fulfilling your part of the contract in the SA agreement.

13 Nov 2017, 20:39

Yes . The union rep actually witnessed the accident. He was the first person I reported it to ( Happened on afternoon collections no Managers about) a
I then rang my lineo and told him I would come in the next day ( rest day ) and complete any paperwork he wanted doing.

Just got told I was off driving then no follow up. Rep advised me to leave it in case they wanted to take disciplinary action. So I did.

It was over six months ago now. I m just going to ask them whats going on. Try to get back on driving and pick my schedule back up.

14 Nov 2017, 11:26

segging is sa

14 Nov 2017, 15:31

magicw wrote:Yes . The union rep actually witnessed the accident. He was the first person I reported it to ( Happened on afternoon collections no Managers about) a
I then rang my lineo and told him I would come in the next day ( rest day ) and complete any paperwork he wanted doing.

Just got told I was off driving then no follow up. Rep advised me to leave it in case they wanted to take disciplinary action. So I did.

It was over six months ago now. I m just going to ask them whats going on. Try to get back on driving and pick my schedule back up.

Firstly reps advice " to leave it in case they wanted to take disciplinary action " was ill advised as the conduct code is not to be used as a mechanism in the RTA procedure unless there were continuous mishaps of a similar nature and in your case this is not relevant.
On the other point of the line manager who has removed you from driving and has no supportive evidence to back up his decision with a FF interview and a drivers 1to 1 meeting and a workshop report recording the vehicles damage then questions need to be asked of him why he failed to follow correct procedure.
My personal advice is to write to your manger containing the points that I have raised and copy in your union rep.
There may be a reasonable possibility that line manger will get his arse kicked and you will get your outstanding SA payments backdated.

14 Nov 2017, 21:43

Segging is an sa.

6 months is insane, although it doesn't sound like you're that bothered so things probably haven't changed coz you haven't brought the matter up.

16 Nov 2017, 18:17

rehabron wrote:
magicw wrote:Yes . The union rep actually witnessed the accident. He was the first person I reported it to ( Happened on afternoon collections no Managers about) a

Firstly reps advice " to leave it in case they wanted to take disciplinary action " was ill advised as the conduct code is not to be used as a mechanism in the RTA procedure unless there were continuous mishaps of a similar nature and in your case this is not relevant.
On the other point of the line manager who has removed you from driving and has no supportive evidence to back up his decision with a FF interview and a drivers 1to 1 meeting and a workshop report recording the vehicles damage then questions need to be asked of him why he failed to follow correct procedure.
My personal advice is to write to your manger containing the points that I have raised and copy in your union rep.
There may be a reasonable possibility that line manger will get his arse kicked and you will get your outstanding SA payments backdated.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This! Not implementing the Rep though as I am sure he acted in my best interest and I choose to take the advice. I ll just say I wasn't aware of the procedure until I queried the none payment of Holiday pay! As for segging being an SA, It is if you ve signed for it as an SA , But I just did it now and again to help the collections manager short ( not every week as per my schedule ) and it was paid at Over time rate on the sickness absence of others not SA rate.

My lineo has a major habit of making the rules up as he goes along, Keeps telling new starters that they have to complete. Even sent one out on a Park and loop (Van share round ) with a HTC barrow. When he rang the office at 16.00 he still hadn't finished and didn't know how to get back or pouch off! I explained the over running procedure to him this morning and he said the Manager had told him he must complete.

16 Nov 2017, 20:53

I do agree with some of the other comments that pretty much say, after six months you haven’t mentioned about being taken off driving so you can’t be that concerned. I was taken off driving for just over a week until I could do the course and was pushing from the time the incident happened to get the course booked so I could drive again.

17 Nov 2017, 21:21

joewyan wrote:I do agree with some of the other comments that pretty much say, after six months you haven’t mentioned about being taken off driving so you can’t be that concerned. I was taken off driving for just over a week until I could do the course and was pushing from the time the incident happened to get the course booked so I could drive again.

Yep fair comment. I admit I am looking to have my cake and eat it here!

However if management want to mismanage then I m more than happy to take advantage of the situation.
Having come from another background of employment . I sometimes cant believe the ineptitude of RM managers.

Lets be honest 99% of the time 99% of the job is the same day in day out ( give or take sick absence ) yet they still cant seem to get the job done!

I ve been in jobs that require proper Fire Fighter skills and dynamic roles, You literally don't know whats going to happen next and you ve still got the day to day shite to deal with in between.

This lot have the same job to do day in day out and still feckin fail!!!!!!!!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1