ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 15:25

I was off work Tuesday to Friday. Went back Sat, Mon Nd wed. Day off Tuesday. Went in Thursday spent most of the time on the toilet then nearly fainted out on the dock. Told manger and went home. About an hour after getting there. He phoned me Friday after I messaged in saying I won't be back till after the weekend. He asked me to text his mobile Sunday to let him know if i can come back Monday as it will have been 4 days. I explained I went to docs they told me I had Norovirus and suspected appendicitis and sent me for blood tests. He questioned why I went for blood test if. I had Norovirus. Checking times and doctors.
He has text me back saying we wants to come and visit me at home to check up on me as it's procedure. I have only been off work 5 days (tomorrow) does he have the right to do this.

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 15:36

No.
you have given your explination and he has to accept it.

you self certificate between 3 - 7 days so you don't even need to have seen a doctor.

if he arrives, take a picture and then put in a greivence stage 2 against him.

I have also just been off with Norovirus and I took 5 days off, my DOM was superb with it all. Shame they can't all be the same.

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 15:54

might bring you a mcdonald's

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 15:57

Let him in.
Make him coffee and bacon sarnies.
Pass it on.

:funneh :wave :wave

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 16:11

midegarelu wrote:Let him in.
Make him coffee and bacon sarnies.
Pass it on.

:funneh :wave :wave

Don't forget to cough profusely (without using hankie), then shake his/her hand. See the look on their face when you tell them 'yes it appears to have been Norovirus......

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 16:22

NO they have no right at all to visit you at home whilst you are off sick. You have followed procedure and reported it. If they come to visit then it is harassment. Make sure you tell them no it’s not ok.

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 16:31

He is claiming it is because I'm am booked off on annual leave from Wednesday so he needs to meet me so he can decide if I'm off on sickness or annual leave

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 16:42

cavendish9027 wrote:He is claiming it is because I'm am booked off on annual leave from Wednesday so he needs to meet me so he can decide if I'm off on sickness or annual leave

He can't decide only you can :left: :left:

https://www.gov.uk/taking-sick-leave

If an employee is ill just before or during their holiday, they can take it as sick leave instead.

An employee can ask to take their paid holiday for the time they’re off work sick. They might do this if they don’t qualify for sick pay, for example. Any rules relating to sick leave will still apply.

Employers can’t force employees to take annual leave when they’re eligible for sick leave.

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 17:28

My advice would be to tell him NO to visiting you.
If you feel obligated to a visit so there is no come back on you for when returning to work ensure your union steward comes with him if your Union steward cannot attend record his visit so you have proof everything he says.
Get well soon

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 21:08

Decided to respond with

I'm off work sick, I really could do without the harassment.

I'm preparing myself for the backlash when I go back but at the moment my health is my priority

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 21:27

I was a way so missed this. If he is adamamant about a home visit, let him turn up. Then don't answer the door as you are too ill to get to it. Then record a grievance on your return to work. P***ks!

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 22:13

Send them a stool sample!! :thumbup

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 22:21

Keeping in contact
• Keeping in regular contact is important if you’re unfortunate enough to be ill and cannot attend work.
Your manager will work with you to scope alternative duties and hours of attendance, where available, to
help you resume work as early as possible.
• It is important that you and your manager are proactive in maintaining contact during a period of
absence due to illness. The contact strategy should be agreed between you and your manager, which
will include the date, time and method for the next contact.
Contact with your manager should be supportive rather than threat-centred.If contact is not maintained
and therefore stoppage of pay is being considered, your manager should use the jointly agreed approach
in the Attendance policy and Absence notification and maintaining contact guide.

Attendance Summary

NATIONAL ATTENDANCE PROCEDURE

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 22:55

sounds like he thinks as you are on leave after Weds you have gone away early

tell him yes you can come round

this is what I did when i really needed a few days to visit my dying grandad and did not get them, then came down with the worst flu of my life 2 days before the time I wanted off

they rang me and said can we come and see you - they obviously thought I had beggared of as I couldn't get leave but I had not I was actually ill

told them to come over anytime they wanted but to be aware I was infectious - they never came - I never heard anything about it again

sadly I also missed seeing my grandad for the last time :-(

Manager home visit

12 Nov 2017, 23:47

Some of these managers are right morons. He has no right to turn up on your doorstep uninvited, no right at all.
If, and when he does, take out a grievance. What he will have done would amount to harassment.
You have followed procedure, that is enough.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2