ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

is this allowed ?

10 Nov 2017, 19:43

2 colleagues cut off 2 rows Thursday and as there was nobody wanting to do the O/T it was left in the frame till today .
The DOM told them that they had to go out straight away and deliver it all and he got other people from the office taken off prep to throw their frame off and when they got back they then had to tie up their frame and go delivering again so they spent most off their day just on delivery.
Is this allowed ?

is this allowed ?

10 Nov 2017, 19:59

Blimey wasn't they knackered after doing all that?? I don't think its not allowed except that it might be detrimental to the staff's health. Problem with our office is that they are struggling just to get staff in to either walk sort or prep frames because they have cut back that much with their indoor work plans. Even on busy days managers are not always bringing part-timers in early to help prep.

is this allowed ?

10 Nov 2017, 20:06

eastie wrote:2 colleagues cut off 2 rows Thursday and as there was nobody wanting to do the O/T it was left in the frame till today .
The DOM told them that they had to go out straight away and deliver it all and he got other people from the office taken off prep to throw their frame off and when they got back they then had to tie up their frame and go delivering again so they spent most off their day just on delivery.
Is this allowed ?

Let them do what they want as long as it don't concern you!

is this allowed ?

10 Nov 2017, 20:10

eastie wrote:2 colleagues cut off 2 rows Thursday and as there was nobody wanting to do the O/T it was left in the frame till today .
Is this allowed ?

Happened to me just before Christmas last year. My partner and I left some in on a truly horrendous day (even though we still worked an hour over) and the following day they sent me out with it as soon as I got to work while my partner was called in early to throw out that day's mail.

When I got back, they couldn't believe that I absolutely insisted on finishing on my time that day due to having already done 90 minutes delivery work. This resulted in even more being left in than on the previous day. They didn't send me out the following morning as they had miraculously found somebody to cover the work.

is this allowed ?

10 Nov 2017, 20:57

Ozzvaldo wrote:
Is this allowed ?

Happened to me just before Christmas last year. My partner and I left some in on a truly horrendous day (even though we still worked an hour over) and the following day they sent me out with it as soon as I got to work while my partner was called in early to throw out that day's mail.

When I got back, they couldn't believe that I absolutely insisted on finishing on my time that day due to having already done 90 minutes delivery work. This resulted in even more being left in than on the previous day. They didn't send me out the following morning as they had miraculously found somebody to cover the work.

to right finish time and :wave , a dim tried it with us , told us to tie it up and go out on delivery which we did and him and clown no 2 prepped and tied it up and brought it out to us , and what a shock when we took 3 loops back and finished on time , he didn't do it again :Very Happy , I wonder why , lol

is this allowed ?

10 Nov 2017, 21:54

Oh the luxury of actually having a boss in the office to manage things and tell you what to do,instead of down the phone,or from a distance,not that keen on having someone here all the time,the office like most units runs itself without input from above who haven’t a clue,but be nice to have someone here when things need to be managed

is this allowed ?

11 Nov 2017, 07:12

eastie wrote:2 colleagues cut off 2 rows Thursday

Not surprised, the sequencing has been really busy all week this week

is this allowed ?

11 Nov 2017, 13:12

Yeah, it's just a tactic to try and stop you leaving in or bringing back. Stick to your guns and they'll take a rethink.

is this allowed ?

11 Nov 2017, 13:17

Kings Norton wrote:
Is this allowed ?

Let them do what they want as long as it don't concern you!

Hopefully, reps don't do this. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

is this allowed ?

13 Nov 2017, 10:49

What should happen is prep up as normal but deliver the area you left from previous first then resort back to normal route, even if this means you have to leave a different part of your delivery again it is not going to be the same few loops at the end.
This also helps the DOM from getting complaints that customers have not had mail for a few days :wink: as the complaints are generated from outside his control.

is this allowed ?

13 Nov 2017, 15:34

That duty should have FAILED. If it was prepped into frame and then subsequently failed to be delivered on that day it has failed. I would check and see if your manager has reported it as a failure. If he hasn't its GROSS MISCONDUCT on his behalf not the posties. Everyone is entitled to finish on time and its up to management to have the proper resources available.

What managers are supposed to be doing if mail fails.

Accurate Reporting in Deliveries

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=78561

Royal Mail Group’s Code of Business Standards states that the strength of our company rests on the
integrity of every one of us individually. Two specific standards under the heading ‘Security, Privacy and
Trust’ stand out and require absolute ownership and compliance.
• We must handle all items of mail, cash and valuables entrusted to us with honesty and integrity.
• We must accurately report all business performance measures, and must ensure there is no
interference or undue influence on the recording of quality measurements.
Accurate reporting is a key business standard enabling us to monitor Royal Mail’s obligation to fulfil our
promise as the Universal Service Provider. It also enables us to identify the root cause of any particular
problem that may lead a failure in our delivery process.
This brief provides an overview to Delivery Directors, DSM’s, DOM’s and A/DOM’s of their accountabilities
in relation to:
• USO Reporting
• Workplan Failure Reporting
Required Standards and Key Points
1. Royal Mail is required to deliver to every UK address each working day (Monday to Saturday) this
includes letters and parcels.
2. All mail due service on any given day must be delivered. There are no exceptions, ceilings or tolerance
limits to mail volumes.
• If a managerial decision is taken to fail mail at any stage of the delivery operation, then mail
should not be streamed e.g. extracting 1c to connect with delivery, as USO relates to all mail at
the DO and should be reported accordingly.
Accurate Reporting in Deliveries
December 2015 Page 2 of 3
• Other than where a managerial decision has been made for operational reasons, mail that is
deliberately withheld, streamed or manipulated so that delivery is not carried out that day, could
be construed as bringing the integrity and honesty of Royal Mail or an individual into question,
and the conduct code may be applied.
• Mail from other operators i.e. DSA Mail must be afforded the same service standards as mail
handled through our own network. We must not prioritise Royal Mail traffic above a DSA
customer.
• The DOM (or deputy if the DOM is not present on the day in question) is accountable for the
figures reported daily; even where DODR input is delegated, and every item of mail that has failed
must be accounted for.
USO Requirements
1. All mail which is prepped for delivery must then be delivered for USO to be met
2. Any delivery route, which is less than 100% complete must be accurately reported as a USO failure via
Delivery Office Daily Reporting (DODR) This includes:
• Failure to deliver any mail defined as prepped, or failure to fully complete a delivery route (e.g.
due to cutting-off, sick absence, road closure, dog at large). This should be reported as a USO
failure unless the affected address is already classified as a USO exception
• Any incomplete loop(s) on an individual route constitutes one part walk failure against that route,
part loop failures must not be rolled up and reported as a single full walk failure
• If parcels are taken out on delivery but returned without having had delivery attempted, then
these must be reported as part route failure(s)
• Items returned that could not be delivered due to Controlled Entry must be correctly handled in
accordance with the Controlled Entry Systems Operational Specification
• Follow the agreed USO Exceptions process to address issues relating to our inability to access
delivery points
Workplan Requirements
1. Any mail that is due delivery today but has not been sorted into the delivery prep frame should be
reported as a workplan failure this includes
• Any internal missorts/Redirections that do not connect with due delivery today must be
reported as a workplan failure via the EODR DODR question 2
• Mail arriving late into the DO (e.g. due to an MC/MPU failure or RTA) should be reported in
DODR at question 2
• NOTE - Mail arriving late is not mail on hand, it is mail remaining that was due
delivery today and should be reported at DODR Question 2
2. Mail on hand refers to mail in a Delivery Unit that was not due delivery today i.e. deferred mail (with a
specific future date for delivery) or advanced mail (e.g. arriving mid-morning onwards specifically
dated for delivery the following day) and should be reported in line with DODR Qn. 5
3. The only mail that does not need to be reported via DODR is official customer retentions (PO Box, Mail
Collect etc.) but these retentions must have the associated official paperwork that accompany each of
these products.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1