ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:11

Could it be that CWU knew they would lose the injunction thus leading us into a Xmas strike?
Thoughts please.


What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:13

franco1 wrote:Could it be that CWU knew they would lose the injunction thus leading us into a Xmas strike?
Thoughts please.

not sure what to think to be honest , your like saying they knew they were breaking the agreement . :hmmmm

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:20

It's a possibility that the CWU frustrated with the lack of constructive discourse decided to hold a ballot for industrial action as a last resort and as a show of strength and support in order to force RM onto the negotiating table with the added threat of "we have the support and we will strike unless we have a suitable resolution"

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:24

If talking for 18 months before balloting isn’t ok with the agreement why did they make it in the first place

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:24

Of course they knew they had broken the agreement. But in this way RM have no option but to hold talks in the presence of an official unbiased mediator which they ducked and dived from for months.

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:26

I believe the agreement states that talks must be held with an official unbiased mediator which for 18months RM refused to do.

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:28

kind of backfired in a way if it was done knowing they were breaking the agreement and knew this was going to happen . why would a union who have allready accused royal mail of breaking agreement do it themselves .
i would like to know what full time employees think about the ever dwindling full time work force getting smaller being replaced by part time staff . that is the future of royal mail as i see it .

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:30

franco1 wrote:Of course they knew they had broken the agreement. But in this way RM have no option but to hold talks in the presence of an official unbiased mediator which they ducked and dived from for months.

thats easily digestible :thumbup

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 18:40

I like to think that it is all part of a cunning plan by the cwu , but if not, how did they get it so wrong, i'm gutted.

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 19:24

I don't think there will be any strike this side of Christmas now, so a small victory for RM .

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 19:35

I take no pleasure in saying this but I do feel if strikes are moved until after xmas the union will have missed the boat in my eyes and may well lose the support of many other members . I am more angry that the union have allowed this to happen than I am with Royal Mail for taking this action .

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 19:48

I would say they had a good idear this would happen and as said in previous posts they finally have to enter into meaningful negotiations with unbiased mediation, hopefully with the correct people and not the useless muppets they have previously been dealing with :arrrghhh
Also Royal Mail now has the added pressure of a workforce ready to withdraw it's labour if the negotiations don't present anything meaningful.
Personally I'm very satisfied with the CWU's position and still buzzing with the fantastic result we all achieved in the ballot :Applause

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 19:49

Why are so many of you so despondent. Royal Mail will love seeing all this negativity. This does not stop a strike before Christmas, and from past experience the public are still spending money after Christmas in the January Sales, and you get mega Flats with all the holiday advertising and January Sales advertising, so plenty of time to make a significant impact on this employer who has no respect for your daily labours whatsoever. Use the next 5-7 weeks to cushion your finances against the strikes which are inevitable and vent your anger on this bad company rather than your union who are the ones that have your futures at heart, not Royal Mail and Greene the Greedy.

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 19:57

Lincox wrote:Why are so many of you so despondent. Royal Mail will love seeing all this negativity. This does not stop a strike before Christmas, and from past experience the public are still spending money after Christmas in the January Sales, and you get mega Flats with all the holiday advertising and January Sales advertising, so plenty of time to make a significant impact on this employer who has no respect for your daily labours whatsoever. Use the next 5-7 weeks to cushion your finances against the strikes which are inevitable and vent your anger on this bad company rather than your union who are the ones that have your futures at heart, not Royal Mail and Greene the Greedy.

You are right but even I am angry with the timing of this should have been done two months ago but even more so angry with Royal Mail sticking two fingers up at us all but we will regroup and stand them down even after Christmas the fight is not lost and we will prevail.

What this the plan all along?

12 Oct 2017, 20:27

SW17 wrote:I would say they had a good idear this would happen and as said in previous posts they finally have to enter into meaningful negotiations with unbiased mediation, hopefully with the correct people and not the useless muppets they have previously been dealing with :arrrghhh
Also Royal Mail now has the added pressure of a workforce ready to withdraw it's labour if the negotiations don't present anything meaningful.
Personally I'm very satisfied with the CWU's position and still buzzing with the fantastic result we all achieved in the ballot :Applause

My thoughts exactly. Royal mail have no choice now but to play ball. If not they know strikes will come. :thumbup

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2