ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 17:35

Lot's of people are saying work to rule if you tell a manager that you are on industrial action and you and the union could be disciplined or even sacked but if you take your breaks work your hours or don't go over your time or start before your time you are DOING THE JOB PROPERLY and you cannot be disciplined or sacked for that so do it that way.

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 17:44

I wonder what would happen if there was a mass epedemic of the flu bug next Friday and Saturday within Royal Mail. Would love to see them Linos answering all them calls.

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 17:58

k979aaa wrote:Lot's of people are saying work to rule if you tell a manager that you are on industrial action and you and the union could be disciplined or even sacked but if you take your breaks work your hours or don't go over your time or start before your time you are DOING THE JOB PROPERLY and you cannot be disciplined or sacked for that so do it that way.

Totally agree. Don't start early, take all your break, scan every 2d barcode, don't doorstep or put in recycle boxes, try all neighbours. Then (as it can't possibly be done in time) take it all back. We can go back to cutting corners the following week if need be.

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:08

k979aaa wrote:Lot's of people are saying work to rule if you tell a manager that you are on industrial action and you and the union could be disciplined or even sacked but if you take your breaks work your hours or don't go over your time or start before your time you are DOING THE JOB PROPERLY and you cannot be disciplined or sacked for that so do it that way.

you cant go on industrial action , at this time it is against the law . work to rule , if everyone in every do across the board done this then i would agree but there are far too many that just wont do it . i had a post on here a while back saying i just want to work my hours which tbh i can or used to be able to achieve most of the time . now its slightly different with lapsing still a regular infact everyday thing which i do only if i think i can complete otherwise i say i aint doing it .you are right , if everyone done their job properly or the way royal mail want you to do it you cannot be disciplined , start time , van check , throw in mail , do households , tie up , load van , get specials , get in van , seatbelt on , leave do , get to first point , stop engine , seatbelt off , get first letters (from rear of vehicle) , packets , parcels etc , wait a few mins with parcel , knock again , wait again , no answer , walk to first neighbour wait for a reply , no answer try other neighbour , no answer , back to original point and do a notice left (question , how long do you think that takes compared to royal mail ?), back to van when youve done your loop and how ever many notice lefts . seatbelt on , de mist windows if its crap weather , on and on and on . Nobody can do it PROPERLY within royal mails time spans .
rant over :Boo hoo!

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:19

Well you can win a battle in a court of law but you Royal Mail have lost the war by sticking two fingers up to the workforce they are your biggest asset see how you like it when we turn the tables on you. In any event they have lost the war for hearts and minds and democracy have won against oxford educated judges and Canadian charlatans and spin merchants from HSBC!

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:25

Work to rule and doing the job properly are basically the same thing. Just use the phrase “I’m doing the job properly” and you’ll be fine and they won’t like it

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:26

If my office wanted to wildcat strike on Friday and Saturday I’d be 100% behind them

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:28

From my experience far too many are happy to come in early and work late for their own benefit, time for everyone to stick together and work to rule.

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:31

Northblue82 wrote:From my experience far too many are happy to come in early and work late for their own benefit, time for everyone to stick together and work to rule.

never happen , although id love it if it did . :thumbup

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:35

Working your hours is one way but the only way is stop doing overtime but lets be realistic most part time workers probably need the overtime, even if its for the eventual strike action.
One thing I don't get is that u agree with the strike but you won't strike at xmas. :d'oh! :d'oh!

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 18:42

steven100 wrote:Working your hours is one way but the only way is stop doing overtime but lets be realistic most part time workers probably need the overtime, even if its for the eventual strike action.
One thing I don't get is that u agree with the strike but you won't strike at xmas. :d'oh! :d'oh!

Overtime is a personal choice that is the main difference with a work to rule but as you say some need it more than others, As for striking would gladly strike at Xmas but others don't see what is round the corner for us all and if they did most would strike at Xmas.

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 19:09

Creditshampoo wrote:Work to rule and doing the job properly are basically the same thing. Just use the phrase “I’m doing the job properly” and you’ll be fine and they won’t like it

Not really. I could Work To Rule start at 6am and finish at 1340pm but still do all the things I shouldn't. Run around, not trying neighbours, not scanning everything, not streaming stuff :shhhhh, doorstepping etc etc.

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 20:19

Northblue82 wrote:From my experience far too many are happy to come in early and work late for their own benefit, time for everyone to stick together and work to rule.

RM would be in such a mess if posties did work to rule,stopped working their days off,never extend on delivery,its about time RM realised that a lot of the job is done on goodwill on the posties part.
I really feel for you posties,at least you have shown RM what you all think of the terrible way you are being treated by them,they should all hang their heads in shame :shock:

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 20:25

Brandy wrote:

RM would be in such a mess if posties did work to rule,stopped working their days off,never extend on delivery,its about time RM realised that a lot of the job is done on goodwill on the posties part.
I really feel for you posties,at least you have shown RM what you all think of the terrible way you are being treated by them,they should all hang their heads in shame :shock:

Thing is with Moya greene she has previous with the canadian posties to her it's a badge of honour shafting us all.

DOING THE JOB PROPERLY

12 Oct 2017, 20:29

Doing the job properly then overrun procedure is the key to this, if it was actually done by all and for months it would be more effective than any few days of strike. And it could be done from tomorrow for weeks on end. It could be used as a "filler" between proper strikes. But it seems almost impossible to effectively orchestrate in my eyes.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4