ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

You DONT have to be in the union to strike

10 Oct 2017, 21:21

Surprised at the amount of people who think they can't strike if they aren't in the Union
The reps need to tell them

10 Oct 2017, 21:56

Yea the reps should give them a free ride brilliant idea zzz

11 Oct 2017, 08:09

If you aren't in the union why would you want to strike? I don't understand why anyone who didn't want to be in the union and therefore doesn't get to vote etc would actually want to strike

11 Oct 2017, 09:29

was in the union for 20 years and only pulled out this year

11 Oct 2017, 10:40

It doesn't matter if your in the union or not! The good thing about the CWU is that they have always fought for EVERYONE regardless of whether your a union member or not! So let's not turn against each other now (your not a union member so why you striking, you shouldn't be here as the union is fighting for us and your not part of the union etc etc) we are all in this together no matter what!!!! We are all set to lose/gain the same thing so let's do it all together and stay strong and show RM we are not gonna be bullied any longer and we will fight for what's rightly ours! The pensions we have built up over the years working hard for them! Stand as 1!!!! Let's not show RM any weakness.

11 Oct 2017, 13:50

joewyan wrote:If you aren't in the union why would you want to strike? I don't understand why anyone who didn't want to be in the union and therefore doesn't get to vote etc would actually want to strike

Some won't join for political reasons but will strike. There are a few of these in my office.

11 Oct 2017, 14:49

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
joewyan wrote:If you aren't in the union why would you want to strike? I don't understand why anyone who didn't want to be in the union and therefore doesn't get to vote etc would actually want to strike

Some won't join for political reasons but will strike. There are a few of these in my office.

Yeh, but the problem with this, is that they pay no subs, BUT get all the benefits for nothing, everyone else does the hard part, but they reap the rewards for f**k all

11 Oct 2017, 15:31

So would you rather those not in the union didn't strike then?

11 Oct 2017, 15:47

I think it's best to just disregard who is or isn't paying their subs. Yes, it does help the greater cause but actions speak louder than money.

All staff are protected if they choose to acknowledge any legitimate strike - as are all members of public, contractors, etc.

I'd happily stand with any non union members because people have their own personal reasons for withholding membership.

I can't really understand why anyone would break this particular crucial strike. I still can't fathom how over 10,000 employees voted to accept those vague promises.

11 Oct 2017, 15:59

If your not in the union and management start bullying you for not completing who are you going to turn to. Pay your £3:50 a week and think of the benefits. Without the cwu we will all be shafted

11 Oct 2017, 17:34

The union fight for everyone, only because they have to.

11 Oct 2017, 18:00

gunho wrote:If your not in the union and management start bullying you for not completing who are you going to turn to. Pay your £3:50 a week and think of the benefits. Without the cwu we will all be shafted

You deal with it yourself like most people in most companies out there.

11 Oct 2017, 18:04

Huh? You deal with it yourself? Meaning you point to an agreement which says you cannot be treated that way - an agreement hard fought for by members of the union.

Please tell me I'm wrong, because that's what it sounds like.

11 Oct 2017, 18:24

For personal reasons I only joined the union this year after being with company 10yrs.
People who aren't in the union but strike are still making a stand against the company and supporting everyone else. Remember no one gets paid when on strike so everyone makes a financial sacrifice.

11 Oct 2017, 19:47

What's better / worse?

Postie in union that doesn't strike;

Postie not in union that strikes.

Food for thought.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2