ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

What's The State Of Play In Your Office

10 Oct 2017, 18:03

Okay I know that we still have over a week until the first strike but does anyone’s else have a feel of how it’s going to go in their office. I’ve heard little pockets of people talking amongst themselves and also heard others openly talking. Seems we have a cross section of - 1)”I’m going out”, 2)“I’ll do the first strike and after that I’m coming in”, 3)”I’m not striking and will be in working”.What about your offices - is it the same or is support solid?

What’s The State Of Play In Your Office

10 Oct 2017, 18:05

very solid where im at, i dont imagine anyone coming in, a lot of them are being smart and doing the overtime now to compensate.

10 Oct 2017, 18:35

Seems solid tried talking to the known ones that came in last time and explained they will be back for more of the pension and terms and conditions. Managers seem to be on ball with us aswell :-)
#unityisstrength

10 Oct 2017, 19:06

Think everyone is striking at our office. Only 2 not in the union that will have to work

10 Oct 2017, 19:10

I can't see much of a turnout in my office as they are worried about having to deliver three days worth of mail on the monday without getting paid the O/T. :d'oh! :arrrghhh :thumbdown :roll:

10 Oct 2017, 19:13

RandyBeanz wrote:Think everyone is striking at our office. Only 2 not in the union that will have to work

They don't have to work. There are legal protections for non-union joining strikes in sympathy, as long as the strike is lawful.

Our office is as solid as can be expected, up for a fight.

10 Oct 2017, 19:27

Solid where I am as well, there's always the one's that will work, but f**K them :wave :wave

10 Oct 2017, 19:30

Solid :thumbup

10 Oct 2017, 20:31

Listening today to a full timer trying to tell a part timer he cant afford to strike

10 Oct 2017, 20:32

I know of one No Voter and one that will be coming in for at least one of the days!! ( not the same person though! )

you either strike or you don't lol, did not know you could pick and choose which days you want to strike on, perhaps they have an appointment at the hairdressers etc.

got a couple more that have one of the days in this round where their rest day is one of the strike days.

a lot will be out everyday that action is called.

10 Oct 2017, 21:33

Pretty grim in my office with only a few of us going out. That's out of around 60 staff. So many not in the union as our rep looked after himself and not his members. This lead to many resigning from the union. Also many of the new starts didn't bother to join. We will see come next Friday but I expect to be standing at the gate with a couple of hard-core members. Depressing stuff.

10 Oct 2017, 21:42

Looking strong at ours , even the usual suspects have been push OTT by constant bombardment of RM BS.

10 Oct 2017, 22:16

Jpro747 wrote:I can't see much of a turnout in my office as they are worried about having to deliver three days worth of mail on the monday without getting paid the O/T. :d'oh! :arrrghhh :thumbdown :roll:
Why are they worried?? just work till your finish time and cut off the rest :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

11 Oct 2017, 02:48

eastie wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:I can't see much of a turnout in my office as they are worried about having to deliver three days worth of mail on the monday without getting paid the O/T. :d'oh! :arrrghhh :thumbdown :roll:
Why are they worried?? just work till your finish time and cut off the rest :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

Cutting off is virtually unheard of, many either don't know how to or are too intimidated. Others have nice little duties because they are mates with the DOM and don't want to cause an upset. I for one will be standing at the gate but can't see any of my colleagues joining me unfortunately! :thumbdown

11 Oct 2017, 06:54

The lads I've been working with this week are not happy about going out on strike, but their joining in.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3