ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

Cortisone injections, yay or nay????

09 Oct 2017, 15:23

Suffering with pain caused by calcanneal heel spur. GP has booked me in for cortisone injection in heel, but not under x-Ray.

From what I've read they are a bit hit or miss and I don't want to put myself through the trauma of an injection in my heel if it's not going to help.

Anyone????????

09 Oct 2017, 15:30

peshwaarinaan wrote:Suffering with pain caused by calcanneal heel spur. GP has booked me in for cortisone injection in heel, but not under x-Ray.

From what I've read they are a bit hit or miss and I don't want to put myself through the trauma of an injection in my heel if it's not going to help.

Anyone????????

Bud the injections don,t last 2 weeks in my experience your better off with orthopedic insoles made to measure just my thoughts you understand

09 Oct 2017, 16:40

donein wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:Suffering with pain caused by calcanneal heel spur. GP has booked me in for cortisone injection in heel, but not under x-Ray.

Anyone????????

Bud the injections don,t last 2 weeks in my experience your better off with orthopedic insoles made to measure just my thoughts you understand

Thank you.

09 Oct 2017, 17:28

Hi
I have to say I had it done as a last resort about 3 years ago because i just couldn't stick the pain any longer.Its not very nice to go through but after a day or so all the pain had gone.Best thing i ever did,but my be i was lucky.GOOD LUCK :Very Happy

09 Oct 2017, 17:55

Got them on my shoulder short term fix took me 2 years of moaning to get an op on my shoulder :arrrghhh

09 Oct 2017, 18:14

taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......

09 Oct 2017, 18:33

Postie45 wrote:taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......

There's no need to be snotty. I just wanted to know if anyone else had found them helpful or not.

09 Oct 2017, 18:34

I had similar problem of heel spur and it appeared like bone growth in both heels. Got blood report for vitamin D and found it too low. Started heavy dose supplement and it gone away completely while shoes and insole remained same.

09 Oct 2017, 19:08

Postie45 wrote:taking advice from GP or random posters on an irrelevant website, hmmm.......

Hardly irrelevant given the nature of the job and the likelihood that many on here have possibly had the same problem is it? :roll:

09 Oct 2017, 19:27

Had a course of 3 in my heel must admit it worked in relieving the pain but not a cure according to the doc.

09 Oct 2017, 19:52

peshwaarinaan wrote:

There's no need to be snotty. I just wanted to know if anyone else had found them helpful or not.

i stand by it being best advice, whether you take it as snotty or not

09 Oct 2017, 20:47

and they say this job is easy..!

09 Oct 2017, 22:13

Postie45 wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:

i stand by it being best advice, whether you take it as snotty or not

Probably get better advice on here than your doc can give :Very Happy

10 Oct 2017, 05:57

If you’re unsure, ask your DOM. They seem to be more qualified in medical matters than GPs!!!

10 Oct 2017, 12:56

Darwinsdad wrote:If you’re unsure, ask your DOM. They seem to be more qualified in medical matters than GPs!!!

Dr DOM will see you now :Very Happy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2