ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Do RM want to get rid of our ?

11 Sep 2017, 14:39

xmas bonus,thats what our rep told me last week,another nail in our coffin,all the thousands in bonuses the top knobsmake in RM,come on you lot stand firm.

11 Sep 2017, 15:30

It'll only be a matter of time. :thumbdown
December's just another month now. :roll:

11 Sep 2017, 16:35

Don't they want to incentive it? In others words sorry you just missed your targets- better luck next year!

11 Sep 2017, 17:20

FAB wrote:Don't they want to incentive it? In others words sorry you just missed your targets- better luck next year!

Yes. Oh dear, you've not delivered everything during normal hours in December so, sorry, you've not earned a Christmas bonus :thumbdown but you will still get your fifty First Class stamps ( this year ) :thumbup

11 Sep 2017, 18:27

Let em take it, I don't intend to work any harder of faster in December.

11 Sep 2017, 18:34

Shaders wrote:Let em take it, I don't intend to work any harder of faster in December.

Snap Xmas is just another week of claiming excess , I only do trolley speed !

11 Sep 2017, 19:02

my xmas doesn't revolve around the £200 they give me , its only used as an incentive so people don't go on sick in December anyway , oh and half of it was a payment of the colleage shares we all go stung on , let them keep it who gives a f**k.

11 Sep 2017, 19:06

I'm not fused about the Christmas bonus, one of my favourite times of year is December. Work is busy but the Christmas spirit still kicks in. I would like to keep the stamps though, all year I'm relieved that I just happen to have a stamp in a drawer somewhere.

11 Sep 2017, 19:30

It sounds like one of the things that they threw in the negotiations with the CWU like - monthly pay, no sick pay, no holidays, no paid breaks lol

Then they take it all back to make it look as though they have somehow negotiated and given us a good deal :crazy: :crazy:

11 Sep 2017, 20:12

I used to work NS, parcels etc, 20 hrs or thereabouts and when you got your payslip wondered if it was really worth the effort! I feel sorry for the AGs, no hope of FT contracts so are more or less coerced into starting earlier for peanuts.
I haven't worked any OT at Christmas for years and never will again.

11 Sep 2017, 20:30

For the record and for future reference and possible bollox from management, you do not lose any of the bonus when you are off sick during xmas pressure weeks unless you are on reduced pay.
This is how it stands NOW, obviously things MAY change if anything is about it in any new agreement we sign.

The Royal Mail pay directive states :

The directive authorises a one off Christmas supplement to operational and operational support employees in post on 29th November 2010 who complete the four week Christmas pressure period . The payment is a flat rate of £100 per person (paid pro-rata to part time employees and will be paid on Friday 17th December 2010. The payment is not consolidated , neither is it reckonable for overtime , allowances , SA , nor pension purposes. It is liable for tax and National insurance.

Part time employees are entitled to the Xmas supplement on a pro rata basis. They will receive the payment pro rata to a full time (Eg 40/39 5/39 hours ) week according to their contracted hours on the date payment is made. Part time employees that vary their contractual hours and work full time for a two week period during the Christmas pressure period will be paid the full Christmas supplement.

Eligibility for payment is linked to employment during the Christmas pressure period.

For each full week an individual receives no pay during the pressure period ( Eg unpaid special leave etc ) the individual will lose one quarter of the supplement.

For each full week where basic pay is reduced for sick pay pension rate the individual will lose one quarter of the supplement.

For each full week where basic pay is reduced for sick half pay the individual will lose one - eighth of the supplement

For each day counted midnight to midnight excluding bank holidays on which an employee takes unofficial industrial action their supplement will be abated by 10%
for official action it will be abated by 3%

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1