ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 18:38

Just wondering how much people get to deliver an extra row on overtime. I believe this varies massively from different delivery offices. Some pay 1:15hr and other 2hrs. I'm just trying to get an average.

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 18:49

Depends on the percentage of the walk in terms of time that the "row" is.

Standard payments in our area:

Full delivery = 6hrs
Half = 3hrs
Third = 2hrs

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 19:10

6 hours a frame
3 hours for 2 rows
1 1/2 for 1 row

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 19:51

If we don't vote yes for industrial action, and the Royal Mall get their way.

It will be NO hours!

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 19:57

eastie wrote:6 hours a frame
3 hours for 2 rows
1 1/2 for 1 row

snap

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 19:57

We get paid for how long it actually takes. Today done an extra row that was left in by another walk. 1 hr to deliver 10 mins to get there. 10 mins back. 10 mins to sort out and go home. But it varies between all rounds and distance travelled etc.

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 20:04

It's been decades since I did such OT, but when I was a young lad during the 1st and 2nd delivery days the going rate was

half a delivery, 4 hours
full delivery, ie 1st and 2nd combined, 8 hours

Good when you got the full delivery, you'd be finished the lot in about 2 1/2 hours :dance

One of those Tory pr**s denounced it as Spanish Practices, and these were the same guys claiming on expenses for moats for their castles.

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 20:05

Numberone63 wrote:We get paid for how long it actually takes. Today done an extra row that was left in by another walk. 1 hr to deliver 10 mins to get there. 10 mins back. 10 mins to sort out and go home. But it varies between all rounds and distance travelled etc.

bollocks to that. gotta work out time an half or im not doing it.

Extra row on overtime.

09 Sep 2017, 20:45

loverman shabba wrote:
Numberone63 wrote:We get paid for how long it actually takes. Today done an extra row that was left in by another walk. 1 hr to deliver 10 mins to get there. 10 mins back. 10 mins to sort out and go home. But it varies between all rounds and distance travelled etc.

This is all part of the problem & creates a two tier system .i.e one extends on their delivery & can only book what they have worked, while you claim time & half for doing the same amount of work albeit on extra other than your own duty!

The underlying principle is you get paid for what you work!

Yes, If this happened less people would be inclined to do O/T (unless they really needed it).
RM would therefore have to employ more staff!

There are some staff in some units virtually earning a double wage, yet doing less than F/T hours than others!!

Extra row on overtime.

10 Sep 2017, 08:19

parforthewalk wrote:
loverman shabba wrote:

This is all part of the problem & creates a two tier system .i.e one extends on their delivery & can only book what they have worked, while you claim time & half for doing the same amount of work albeit on extra other than your own duty!

Yes, If this happened less people would be inclined to do O/T (unless they really needed it).

There are some staff in some units virtually earning a double wage, yet doing less than F/T hours than others!!

Exactly. Well done for saying it. You'll probably get shot down by all the runners who are on easy duties and claim 2hrs ghost overtime though. What is wrong with getting as long as it takes you? If (ha) I go over on my delivery, I don't say, I'll do the row that's gonna take me over, but only if you pay me twice as much as it would take to do it. 'fairness' is not big in royal mail.

Extra row on overtime.

10 Sep 2017, 09:46

Full Walk 7.00 hours
half walk 3.30 hours
quarter walk 1.45 hours

Extra row on overtime.

10 Sep 2017, 10:51

You should be paid what it actually takes you, otherwise it could be classed as a fraudulent claim, one person in our office recently suspended, and eventually left due to claiming a pre-arranged set rate when it actually took much less.....
Lino at fault too (obviously) !!!!

Extra row on overtime.

10 Sep 2017, 12:09

knockoffnigel wrote:You should be paid what it actually takes you, otherwise it could be classed as a fraudulent claim, one person in our office recently suspended, and eventually left due to claiming a pre-arranged set rate when it actually took much less.....
Lino at fault too (obviously) !!!!

It's not a fraudulent claim at all. If the hours are agreed before hand that is not fraud. The fraud that catches people out is when they book extended delivery but finish before they have said they have. People saying we should only book how long it takes us. So People can drag their feet and book 3hrs?

Extra row on overtime.

10 Sep 2017, 12:12

westham000 wrote:If we don't vote yes for industrial action, and the Royal Mall get their way.

It will be NO hours!

How is that? Overtime is voluntary!

In fact, if we do the job properly, overtime rate will likely increase as not many people will do overtime especially with later starts.

If your office is not that productive, that is another matter. Workloads should become more uniform and earlyy finishers should go back out - that will reach them!

My office tends to pay 1 hour for a row but all rows are not the same; so posties can negotiate and it also depends on how desperate. Ours is too long, by the way, but it was spoiled by a tight manager and minions that run around and try to make themselves indispensable.

Extra row on overtime.

10 Sep 2017, 12:15

parforthewalk wrote:
loverman shabba wrote:

Could not agree more! Let's do the job properly and even out the workloads and everyone back to office at the end.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3