ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Delivery office morale

08 Sep 2017, 16:16

Any thoughts on office morale and how it is in other units,is it really that bad? I fear it is if ours is anything to go by,but is this just the way the business is going,lapsing,parttimers,can't be a nice job being a manager in this climate,seems little transparency in getting overtime if your due it ,a mail forecast system that's laughable,our office is looking shabby and worn out,recent training being done on a wing and a prayer for the new delivery support guy,but to be honest I wouldn't expect anything less,my rural delivery round is fine,with good people to have a laugh with,far removed from the red tape doom and gloom we get from management,our office pretty much runs itself,the boss pops in then goes to his other office for the day,would love him to stay and take an interest in what goes on and be there to manage delivery issues and not question our finishing times when overtime is claimed,not sure where this firm is heading......

Delivery office morale

08 Sep 2017, 17:53

We have a sick rate approaching 10%. It's well known that sick rates and morale are inversely proportional.

It's fair to say that the vast majority of the staff have relatively poor morale and that RM management is generally held in contempt.

Sackings, some merited, some dubious, some entirely questionable, occur now on almost a monthly basis.

This week mail failed every day despite huge amounts of overtime being claimed.

Our office is a mess and morale lower than I've ever seen it. A year ago it was reasonable.

Delivery office morale

08 Sep 2017, 17:54

It's not allowed at our office !

Delivery office morale

08 Sep 2017, 18:13

Thought as much such a shame,not much reward for being efficient,a few certificates but that's it,seem to be picked on for savings etc,a soft touch me thinks,get the usual spill from boss wearing a bit thin now,neighbour office full of docket not sure how offices vary,I guess each has different ways of working and budgets

Delivery office morale

08 Sep 2017, 19:30

Used to have an office were singing was the norm but now the only song you hear is when the radio is on, good banter long gone or even someone going round on a weekly basis with raffle tickets the sound of laughter is only to be heard from the DOM office, so to answer your question MORALE is at the lowest I have ever known. :sad:

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 03:23

Terrible, the thing is that most of us know it's going to get worse.

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 06:53

Morale is awful at our office. Nobody is happy in the job. So much pressure to take lapsing everyday,managers plead for you to take even just a bit even though you don't have time. You get dirty looks and digs if you don't want to go over your time. Harassed to do overtime all the time too.
Work load is horrendous. I come home in agony everyday. You need to rush round to get done.
Colleagues have been snappy and on edge. People get moved three times in the morning to different dutys.
Can't be ill either.

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 10:43

three leavers in the last 4 weeks.
more thinking about going.

moral is very low, a lot of older posties looking for ways out.
new starters not staying long due to being pushed from pillar to post and different offices.

the shape of things to come.

last one out please turn off the light.

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 12:56

I worked for RM for a good few years,and had never known morale in our office to be so low in the time before I left. I can remember going into work and the atmosphere amongst the workers was so good,there was a lot of light hearted banter,and you could tell most of the posties loved being there and enjoyed their job.What a change it is now,and for the worse.How can you possibly get the best out of the workers when most are treated and spoken to so appallingly,unless of course you are one of the favourites,who get whatever they want.
I have known cases where posties have genuinely been off on the sick,perhaps quite poorly and with something contagious and bosses have rang them telling them to come into work! You couldnt make it up,then its spread round and more go sick! Just more bullying tactics!
I am so glad that I was able to get out when I did,though it still leaves a nasty taste in my mouth how I was made to hate the job I loved for so many years by the appalling way I was treated by the managers.
I really feel for you posties,good luck and hope one day you will be appreciated for the hard job you do :hmmmm

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 19:14

Brilliant. Can't wait to go out on strike. :nana

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 20:14

Used to be great banter, high jinx, general camaraderie and a great place to work in. At Christmas, the decorations went up and all were involved, raffles, nights out etc. Now all out of the window. Everyone is watching their backs and morale is 6 feet under.

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 21:01

I started last month and honestly the morale is depressing, it's hard to enjoy a job when all people do is moan and complain and to be honest as weeks go by I can see why morale is so low!

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 21:06

Cmcf96 wrote:I started last month and honestly the morale is depressing, it's hard to enjoy a job when all people do is moan and complain and to be honest as weeks go by I can see why morale is so low!

This workforce have spent their whole working lives moaning.

If you dont like it leave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 21:10

te work is crushing us, really bad week.

but unite we stand and together we fall

Delivery office morale

09 Sep 2017, 21:53

Ernie does anyone like it at the moment realistically because everyone I have asked doesn't, but the money's decent and like getting out and about so I'll stick around a while yet, Any wonder new starts don't last - real shock to the system but I like a challenge

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3