ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 16:36

in the pay offer what are the legacy payments that they want to buy off you . but saying that if it's in your contract you don't have to sell

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 16:44

sjnb6 wrote:in the pay offer what are the legacy payments that they want to buy off you . but saying that if it's in your contract you don't have to sell

There are loads, but mainly Drivers Allowance, PBS and ICS Bonuses.

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 16:57

We had our driving allowance took off us 2 years ago and we had to pay it back and are still paying it back now so so much for legacy payments being protected it was a sham and most of us are still driving vans.

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 17:07

houseoflords wrote:We had our driving allowance took off us 2 years ago and we had to pay it back and are still paying it back now so so much for legacy payments being protected it was a sham and most of us are still driving vans.

If you are paying money back maybe it is because you were in receipt of an allowance you were not entitled to?

A full list of all legacy payments would be interesting though.
I think it also includes ex PHG and difficult recruitment area.

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 17:15

The driving allowance of £6 agreed in 2000, My understanding is 600 lorry allowance money would be treated as per MTSF so after a few years like other allowances they would go. The legacy payments are RRIS, PBS, Ex PHG (which was supposed to be for life), Area Payments (excluding London Weighting which was consolidated into basic pay after 2004) Posties pre 2007 pay deal kept a reserved night/dawn allowance if they started before 6am back in the days of 5-5.30am starts. The D2D payments were consolidated into a £26 delivery supplement Election material are still treated separately. These were allowances that were kept on a reserved basis

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 17:45

The message on the PDA said one in four people got legacy payments,not in our office??

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 18:34

I believe some legacy payments like ICS Supplement apply to all OPGs in a depot, if they were employed at the depot before a cut-off point (ours was early 2010 if I recall correctly).

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 18:42

What is the ICS supplement for?

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 20:10

ROSSCO wrote:What is the ICS supplement for?

What does ICS supplement stand for? I get, maybe once a month, an ICS supplement. (Peanuts though, less than a fiver) and I don't know why/what it's for.

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 21:27

Is a delivery suppliment a legacy payment? I always found it odd that you don't just get a flat hourly rate? Why not just up the hourly rate by a few pence so its contained within?

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 23:10

I was always under the impression that the ex-phg payment was made until the ex-phg's and the rest of us pay was equal.

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 23:14

woopesh wrote:Is a delivery suppliment a legacy payment? I always found it odd that you don't just get a flat hourly rate? Why not just up the hourly rate by a few pence so its contained within?

During the talks previously, Dave Ward said the 'supplement' was for life.I can't see RM putting it into basic pay as that would shoot the hourly rate up quite a bit.
Supplements can easily be taken away as well. :hmmmm

legacy payment

11 Aug 2017, 23:22

This was from Dingo a while back from this thread in April...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=74245&hilit=legacy+payments

dingo wrote:The offer as disclosed was made as a closed offer. The CWU rejected this and a slightly and I mean slightly higher offer made which was also rejected. Royal Mail have confirmed they will make an open offer today or tomorrow. As some of you may be aware that a closed offer means the union cannot reveal. An open offer can be communicated.

In terms of legacy payments , there is 21 million 375000 in legacy payments. A 1% pay increase flowing through to allowances is £43.7 million. So you can see the legacy payments shared in any pay rise is worth less than 0.5%. However the impact to individuals who receive these payments is significant to them and it is not fair.

Those who quote well we did that with the early shift allowance fail to remember the alternative to trapping that money into a permanent supplement along with door to door payment was MTSF which has a maximum of 3 years pay protection. Fishtank makes a point that when individuals leave that payment is lost and that is true. However how do you say to the ExPHG who receives and has done since 2000 the ex phg supplement of £20 reserve rights along with the 25% differential on shift and overtime you will lose that next week as it will help pay everyone else £1.42 ? or the person who has receive RRIS Payments £23 per week or £16.31. Or the person who monthly receives a ICS bonus or PBS bonus and has done since 2000 that you no longer receive this. Or all members who receive the ex PBS £100 christmas lump sum this is gone as it will now fund you £1.42 per week ?

Remember this is not a pay rise , this is a pay restructuring offer. The total payroll will remain the same.

The Union want a pay increase for our members not a decrease for many and a small increase for the majority.

Below is the make up of the total pay bill

Total fixed costs basic pay including London Weighting £ 3,677,235.522

Total Overtime £ 482, 747 ,343

Total Shift allowance £111, 393, 431

Total Skills allowance £32,693,998

Total Legacy Bonus £21,375,460

Total Reserved rights £14,867,174

Total payroll £4,373,823,333

legacy payment

13 Aug 2017, 14:12

Rainbow where do you get the £26 delivery supplement from?

legacy payment

13 Aug 2017, 17:56

POSTMAN wrote:I was always under the impression that the ex-phg payment was made until the ex-phg's and the rest of us pay was equal.

so was i postman but definitely not according to dingo.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2