ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Getting Saturday as my day off for semi-pro football

15 Jul 2017, 11:11

I currently work as a postman for Royal Mail and have done for 6 years now. I play for a semi-professional football team in Glasgow. Right now I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction who to speak to or if anyone knows where Royal Mail stand in this type of situation. My line manager tries to swap my day off to saturday when possible but I am not guaranteed every saturday and it can be frustrating missing out a lot of the time.

15 Jul 2017, 13:21

lcryans1 wrote:I currently work as a postman for Royal Mail and have done for 6 years now. I play for a semi-professional football team in Glasgow. Right now I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction who to speak to or if anyone knows where Royal Mail stand in this type of situation. My line manager tries to swap my day off to saturday when possible but I am not guaranteed every saturday and it can be frustrating missing out a lot of the time.

Not sure if this thread helps? http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80580

15 Jul 2017, 13:22

Football or Royal Mail. :dance The choice is yours. :cuppa

15 Jul 2017, 15:45

As a football fan of non league football it is getting increasingly difficult to get finished in time for Saturday KO.
There was a period of history when we were finished by 10 a.m.on Saturdays and the day was yours.
With RM current proposals all those football players,supporters,volunteers and officials if they are not prepared to fight may as well give up their love for the game. Other workers which participate in sports and leisure activities are similarly effected which is ironic as Royal Mail likes to promote itself in the community.
All hail the company :thumbdown

15 Jul 2017, 17:10

yeah id like every Saturday off too to accommodate my leisure pursuits, problem is EVERYONE else does too

15 Jul 2017, 18:24

lcryans1 wrote:.................I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks....................

Jeez, as a leave reserve I'm lucky if I know what day I'm getting off the Friday the week before, never mind getting 1 Sat off in 6......

15 Jul 2017, 18:42

yellowbelly wrote:
lcryans1 wrote:.................I work 5 days mon-sat which means I only get one saturday off in 6 weeks....................

Jeez, as a leave reserve I'm lucky if I know what day I'm getting off the Friday the week before, never mind getting 1 Sat off in 6......

Talking about going from 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 at my DO :evil/mad

15 Jul 2017, 19:37

Bernardson wrote:With RM current proposals all those football players,supporters,volunteers and officials if they are not prepared to fight may as well give up their love for the game.

Already happens in my office where we've been P&L for nearly 7 years with a 3 o'clock finish. Several employees who support the local football team, for decades in some cases, now regularly miss games as do a couple of local cricketers whose games start at 2.30pm and a chap who's had to give up participating in the local bowls league that he'd played in for 20 years..

Then managers, who go home at 12, wonder why people laugh in their faces when they ask us to work Saturdays off.

15 Jul 2017, 19:48

we can all dream

15 Jul 2017, 20:51

loverman shabba wrote:we can all dream

probs be mon - fri real soon anyway.
dom told me rm looking at 7 -3.30 mon - fri once pension deal sorted.
suits me - got my karate saturday afternoon - had to cut off today to make it.

15 Jul 2017, 20:58

glfp wrote:

Is that for definite or just a proposal? I know Royal Mail have wanted to go to a 5 day delivery for a while

15 Jul 2017, 20:59

glfp wrote:

If RM move the pipeline back a couple of hours then all DO's will be 9-5. I can't see Saturday going completly, at some point I can see RM offering Sunday delivery for a premium

15 Jul 2017, 21:01

lcryans1 wrote:
glfp wrote:

Is that for definite or just a proposal? I know Royal Mail have wanted to go to a 5 day delivery for a while

Would say its a pipedream : :hmmmm

15 Jul 2017, 21:03

Lounge Lizard wrote:Football or Royal Mail. :dance The choice is yours. :cuppa

Football

15 Jul 2017, 22:34

A Saturday off very week so you can play football? Hell I'd volunteer for that, just send me your office details and I'll be right up there.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2