not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

14 May 2018, 22:22

lcook282 wrote:ignorant customers who choose not to answer the door when they are in, then complain when i don't leave their parcel with a neighbour

Serves them right!

14 May 2018, 22:23

hothothot wrote:People saying all right post. Not postman or postie but post. But the very worst thing is having to get out of bed when its hammering down and doing a shift in this f.......k....g dreadful job.

Couldn't agree more!

14 May 2018, 22:32

Harping back to my earlier comment regarding customers asking if you have anything for them next door as I have just delivered to the previous house without them "waiting and seeing"! Another brain dead customer today said "Anything for me"?

I walked past her and thrust her mail angrily into her hand with an annoyed look on my face!

14 May 2018, 22:40

Lilly J wrote:Just curious to know, and as a bit of fun, what's the worst/most annoying thing on your round - what's the one thing that you hate or annoys you the most?

I'm just getting used to my regular round at the moment, so I'm trying to work out what really annoys me... I think I'll have to say there's a property that has THE lowest wooden gate ever, and also has 2 steps up to the door and EVERY time I deliver there, the gate doesn't open enough and scrapes along the ground, so then I catch my leg on the side of it! If that doesn't get me, then the 2 steps do! :shock:

Would love to hear what things get to you!

Happy Wednesday people :cool

If they are the only things that annoy you then you're getting off lightly!

15 May 2018, 00:09

Got chased by bk to my van once by a bull haha that was a strange day haha

15 May 2018, 10:12

David walters wrote:Got chased by bk to my van once by a bull haha that was a strange day haha

Not has strange has yours. But went to another office once and this house was on a council estate. The guy I was working with forgot to tell me they had a pet goose in thier garden. Had a shock when it ran at me from the side of the house :left:

15 May 2018, 15:08

People moaning at me about D2DS, like I don’t live in a house and receive they same things!
I don’t want to deliver them either, but unfortunately it’s my job

15 May 2018, 15:18

Christmas. Used to get plenty of money, not anymore. Now I just leave their gates open on purpose.

15 May 2018, 15:43

Most of the time it's the lazy bastard I'm working with.

15 May 2018, 17:22

Arse lickers suck up to Lino gave him cakes and coffee

15 May 2018, 18:05

Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??

Why do I have to explain to each and every one of them exactly what they should do with it and where they should sign, only for them, to either 1. still don't understand, or 2. sign it, but not on the box in screen?

Why do one or two customers arrange a re-delivery and then are not in?

15 May 2018, 18:27

This job would be so much better if it wasn't for bloody customers.

15 May 2018, 20:02

hothothot wrote:This job would be so much better if it wasn't for bloody customers.

dont forget the letters and parcels

15 May 2018, 23:50

Knocked at door then women cum to open it with jst a towel on as jst hot out of shower dnt no where to look haha

16 May 2018, 19:17

How many Postman experience this?

The customer comes to the door with the bloody dog in tow, normally an annoying small one. And then you can see it just about starting to leave the confines of the front door to start sniffing around you, and then the customer says "no rover, get in rover"

Why does the dog always have to follow the customer to the dog? I cannot stand dogs sniffing around me! And of course, if I took exception to this by moving it away with my foot they would soon complain!

16 May 2018, 19:19

postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??

Why do I have to explain to each and every one of them exactly what they should do with it and where they should sign, only for them, to either 1. still don't understand, or 2. sign it, but not on the box in screen?

Why do one or two customers arrange a re-delivery and then are not in?

Using a PDA isn't rocket science is it? And of course there's the ones that say "Have I got it the right way up"?

16 May 2018, 19:57

postslippete wrote:Why is it 90% of customers still don't know how to use a PDA??

My issue is that the older folks on my rounds can't write on the PDA without resting their hand on the screen.

Why the hell RM didn't spend an extra 20p per PDA to get multi-touch screens is beyond me. I've demonstrated about 1000 times that you can only write when you're only touching one part of the screen, but the next time they're still clueless.

PRESSING HARDER DOESN'T WORK!!!!

16 May 2018, 21:11

Murdoch wrote:

My issue is that the older folks on my rounds can't write on the PDA without resting their hand on the screen.

Why the hell RM didn't spend an extra 20p per PDA to get multi-touch screens is beyond me. I've demonstrated about 1000 times that you can only write when you're only touching one part of the screen, but the next time they're still clueless.

PRESSING HARDER DOESN'T WORK!!!!

I have found one way to get round that problem. I always take a pda without a pen so they have to use their finger. One problem with that though, you have to tell them not to use their nail but the skin of their finger. So you can't win. :arrrghhh

16 May 2018, 21:59

CPTNemoUK wrote:I have found one way to get round that problem. I always take a pda without a pen so they have to use their finger. One problem with that though, you have to tell them not to use their nail but the skin of their finger. So you can't win. :arrrghhh

Yeah, and the other 50% that can actually use the PDAs turn it upside down looking for the pen.

16 May 2018, 22:42

PDAs

I don't want to write a F...ING MEMO YOU LUMP OF JUNK

I just want to scan the thing

Why would I want to write a memo?!

Eggs
Milk
Toothpaste
Washing up liquid

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10