not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

12 May 2018, 06:35

p5aul789 wrote:The Public!

Customers with "s**t for brains"

Being asking if you have anything for number so and so. I haven't been there yet and i'm not going to rummage around in my bag looking for your post!

Customers asking who the letter or parcel is for! Well it's for your address!

Customers asking if you have anything for them next door! WAIT AND BLOODY WELL SEE!

Customers who come to the door after you have written out a 739 card!

Pathetic dogs, bark, bark, bark, yap, yap, yap, is all you ever hear. I have never been a dog lover, but now I hate them, ALL DOGS SHOULD BE SHOT!

The public who complain that you knock on their door knockers too hard and come to the door saying "Are you trying to break my door down"?

You are given a choice whether to use the knocker or bell, so you use the knocker, they then say " Is the bell not working"? I DON'T KNOW I HAVEN'T TRIED IT!!

Customers who don't thank you when you hand over a parcel. I walk away saying "Say thank you then" Sometimes they reply "what did you say?" I reply and are met with abuse!

Customers who have to go and find the key to open the porch door!

Customers who have to take the dog and put it in another room before opening the door!

Customers who open their bedroom window and say "Hello" instead of "excuse me" and are too bloody lazy to come down and answer the door!

Customers who come to the door with pathetic little s**t of a dog that constantly barks in your face! TAKE YOUR BLOODY DOG AND STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE?

I could go on.....

So you hate everything :left:

My main hate at the moment is the bloody dog that bit the back of my calf on Tuesday. And I also hate the owner for not apologising and seeing if I was ok. All he did was tell the dog off then close the front door. :arrrghhh

12 May 2018, 17:02

People who park right outside of their front doors leaving a four inch gap for us to supposedly slide through.

No Access, move along Crimson, nothing to see here!

Or, especially on Saturdays, when their teeny drive is crammed with two or three cars and leaving no discernible gap. I'm so tempted sometimes to jump up and run across the car roofs, yelling 'here's your mail folks!'

12 May 2018, 20:38

Neighbours asking if they can take in a Special. Then when you reply that you can't they stand there muttering watching you write a card out!

13 May 2018, 00:06

Walking in garden trying to avoid dog s**t on floor .smell of weed when dope heads open they door for parcel.and scum bags saying it’s a lovely day wen the drinking they cans on they deck chAirs and u are sweating conkors

13 May 2018, 08:56

David walters wrote:Walking in garden trying to avoid dog s**t on floor .smell of weed when dope heads open they door for parcel.and scum bags saying it’s a lovely day wen the drinking they cans on they deck chAirs and u are sweating conkors

I covered a duty like this the other week. Open the wooden gate, gauntlet of dog eggs to negotiate en route to letterbox.

I shut the gate, wrote no access on their mail before returning it to the pouch and continued the walk. Told the duty holder back at the van about it and said I'd try again tomorrow if they'd cleared it up a bit and he said fair enough, I do the same.

I'm sure were covered by some basic health and safety guidelines in cases such as this? Even if we're not there's no way I'm picking my way through dog waste to deliver a letter. I'm the same with human mess too. One hot day towards the end of last summer there were flies everywhere on a doorstep where the person had a collection of dirty nappies outside the front door. Call me Mister Picky if you want, but they didn't get any mail that day either.

This job is a real eye opener, some people live in disgusting conditions. If that's what the outside of their properties are like, gawd only knows what lurks inside :hmmmm :no no

13 May 2018, 10:54

Customer comes to the door when you knock saying “you Knocked too loud! 5 mins a later another customer is running after you because apparently you “didn’t knock loud enough”

13 May 2018, 13:48

customer chase u dwn the street shout they dnt live hre anymore sand make a scene they u stand there for ages try to explain to them u got to deliver as address

13 May 2018, 15:16

People calling my walk a 'round'.

13 May 2018, 16:52

People saying all right post. Not postman or postie but post. But the very worst thing is having to get out of bed when its hammering down and doing a shift in this f.......k....g dreadful job.

13 May 2018, 19:45

Customers saying "you're working late today" and stating the bleedin obvious when you have been told to start at 11am because they are short of vans! And it's always the same kind of people who say it! The one's with nothing between their ears!

Also, having to work when it's pouring down.

Walking past someone in the front garden after they have outstretched their arm to take the post. Then putting it through the letter box, you walk away and they mutter something...Why didn't you say "I'll take that"?........ F**K off sh*t for brains!

Walking past someone in their front garden and put mail through the letterbox, because it's easier than deciding whether to hand the mail to them or post it the normal way.
They then turn round to a family member and say "Am I invisible"?

13 May 2018, 20:02

Can you please help me ! I'm having a terrible nightmare I'm dressed in crippling trainers , shorts and it's the winter minus 10 , light blue shirt, and got a sort of large mobile phone in my hand. A hope this is only a nightmare , please God only be a nightmare !!!!!

13 May 2018, 20:24

In summer holidays kids answering door the leave the dog out to attack me great

13 May 2018, 20:32

Ring doorbells!

14 May 2018, 00:20

All that dog shite in the garden of number 23.

14 May 2018, 14:20

danterossetti wrote:All that dog shite in the garden of number 23.

I wish I had dog shite, I have to dodge old mopeds, freezers, washing machines etc.

14 May 2018, 14:56

Del packets every day to same customer and not even a thank u bk then u make one small mistake and they are the first to complain

14 May 2018, 16:39

My shared van partner.

14 May 2018, 18:18

Here's another one.......After putting post through letterbox which results in letterbox flap being slammed back hard due to spring on flap.
"Did you knock?" NO I DID'NT F**KING WELL KNOCK!!!!

14 May 2018, 19:39

Delivering parcel and they all say the classic.whats in the box I Havant orderd anythin .well am not mystic meg dull head

14 May 2018, 20:33

ignorant customers who choose not to answer the door when they are in, then complain when i don't leave their parcel with a neighbour

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10