not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

06 Jul 2017, 16:22

ewancurze wrote:
woopesh wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:
MissKazzyB wrote:Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol

Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?

Heard they are illegal in Ireland. Should be banned.

They are illegal,as far as I am aware all over Europe.I will never be able to find the link now, but I am sure there was an EEC ruling on it years ago......UK just chose to ignore it,and with Brexit....no chance now!

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=76578

06 Jul 2017, 17:09

MissKazzyB wrote:There's about 3 properties that all have a over grown garden.
So when I open the gate I have to brush past the bushes, flowers, branches or whatever is sticking out & it drives me nuts.

A man came out today from one of the properties & I really felt like asking him to sort his garden out as I'm fed up of walking into everything that sticks out.

As If all the cob webs that I walk through ain't enough already lol

Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol

Concerning low letter boxes, there was a new build on my walk and I swear to god every house (47 houses) had a low letter box! Needless to say I wasn't impressed! :evil/mad

06 Jul 2017, 18:12

Walking past all the green bins on bin day, on a hot summers day. It just makes me want to vom.

06 Jul 2017, 19:17

Council houses in my area got given a grant for hanging baskets. I have walked into the same one three days in a row now... constantly dodging them as I'm perfect basket to the skull height

06 Jul 2017, 20:30

Acca Dacca wrote:People who get loads of mail and catalogues daily yet have TINY outside letterbox fitting on wall that has space for two small letters max! :arrrghhh :mad

Or customers with tiny letter boxes, yet they still order weekly graze boxes.... :arrrghhh

06 Jul 2017, 23:09

Dogs, stupid letterboxes, hanging plant baskets, flower pots on steps, broken gates, 20 packets per day to one house, bins in the way, steep drives, overgrown bushes, managers, lapsing, idiot partners, forced overtime, Peugeot Expert (THE HANDBRAKE!), rain, heat, flies insects and cobwebs, and people calling my walk a 'round'.

06 Jul 2017, 23:22

The same 2 houses on my walk that hoard junk in their front garden/drive which makes it impossible to get to their letterbox. Given up now ( reported it numerous times) so I now just kill their mail off I'm sure the penny will drop when they realise they aren't getting any post !

06 Jul 2017, 23:27

NewPostieUK wrote:Dogs, stupid letterboxes, hanging plant baskets, flower pots on steps, broken gates, 20 packets per day to one house, bins in the way, steep drives, overgrown bushes, managers, lapsing, idiot partners, forced overtime, Peugeot Expert (THE HANDBRAKE!), rain, heat, flies insects and cobwebs, and people calling my walk a 'round'.

Yep plenty I can take from those too..
Another annoying irritation is kids calling you postman pat & his black & white cat :arrrghhh

07 Jul 2017, 07:28

So many things. SO MANY.
People.
People asking me if I have anything for them.
People asking me if I have anything for 'Mrs Jones' what the f**k!
When they swing the door open just as you've put the letter in the box to 'help' but in reality takes 10hrs longer as I've now got to get the letter back out and give it to them.
'Where's your black and white cat/where's Jess?'
'If it's bills I don't want them etc' everyday from the same people.
Being on a van share.
The weirdos that hang around.
The mouthy kids around on Saturdays/school holidays.
I could go on all day to be honest.

07 Jul 2017, 07:31

Oh another one, the people who have dogs that as soon as you post a letter rip it to shreds and you hear the owner running SCREAMING at the dog and going mad....why not just get a box!?!?!? It happens at the same two houses every time I post a letter. Which reminds me of another one...when people pretend to be dogs on the other side of the letterbox and then you hear them in hysterics because they think they've scared you but in reality that's just happened with actual dogs the previous 5 houses so you were expecting it. Idiots.

07 Jul 2017, 21:15

Hanging baskets walked into two today.

09 Jul 2017, 10:45

Interested-seeker wrote:
MissKazzyB wrote:Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol

Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?

Totally agree and customers who take a decade to answer the door then say did you knock (why did they come to the door then)

09 Jul 2017, 11:17

Well and truly the worst part of any walk, is first thing in the morning listening to the w****r of a DOM or one of his mob, walking down the aisles trying to convince you it's a "light day today" and "you should be finished in no time"!

It does get better when I kick back and say " it certainly will be, especially after I leave the bottom two rows on the frame behind" hahahahahahaah the look on their face is priceless.

09 Jul 2017, 11:56

walkthewalk wrote:Totally agree and customers who take a decade to answer the door then say did you knock (why did they come to the door then)

You forgot about the ones who can't hear the doorbell, or you knocking on the door, but can hear the P739 going through the letterbox from the far end of the garden?

10 Jul 2017, 13:51

Three things spring to mind;
1."Not more bills"! (I mean, really, how many bills do we actually deliver these days)?
2. People who can't sign the PDA and leave a blank screen thinking they have signed it.

3. And the daily occurence,

Dog: "Woof Woof"
Owner: "Stop it Rover"
Dog: "Woof Woof Woof"
Owner: "Rover, that's enough"
Does the owner really think Rover will one day think "Do you know what, that probably is enough, I won't bark tomorrow"?

10 Jul 2017, 15:50

People who come to the door with their dog and open it about 2" so it can't get out and you can't pass them the PDA so they spend the next 5 minutes putting the dog back in the front room !!!!

People who try about 5 different keys before they can unlock their door!!!!

People who ask you what's in the parcel!!!!

10 Jul 2017, 16:01

''What am I signing for?''

People who can't just put dogs in another room... how hard can it be??!

10 Jul 2017, 16:35

The customers!
Anyone who can't sign the PDA despite being told "don't touch the screen with your hand" :roll: ......oh and those who turn the pda stylus upside down!! WTF is that all about? :arrrghhh

I do however have several gates with awkward catches!
Also THAT road that seems to get a van load of parcels EVERY SINGLE F*****G DAY but no f****r is ever in!! :mad

11 Jul 2017, 17:09

Bella2013 wrote:Oh another one, the people who have dogs that as soon as you post a letter rip it to shreds and you hear the owner running SCREAMING at the dog and going mad....why not just get a box!?!?!? It happens at the same two houses every time I post a letter. Which reminds me of another one...when people pretend to be dogs on the other side of the letterbox and then you hear them in hysterics because they think they've scared you but in reality that's just happened with actual dogs the previous 5 houses so you were expecting it. Idiots.

They won't be laughing as they get poked in the eye with your posting peg.
Similarly, when you get those dogs you know are going to tear the post from your hand via the letterbox. Wait until you get a few hefty magazines to deliver, roll them and make sure it hears you. Thump them through with the palm of your hand - very hard. Everything goes surprisingly quiet.

12 May 2018, 06:10

The Public !

Customers with "s**t for brains"

Being asking if you have anything for number so and so. I haven't been there yet and i'm not going to rummage around in my bag looking for your post!

Customers asking who the letter or parcel is for! Well it's for your address!

Customers asking if you have anything for them next door! WAIT AND BLOODY WELL SEE!

Customers who come to the door after you have written out a 739 card!

Pathetic dogs, bark, bark, bark, yap, yap, yap, is all you ever hear. I have never been a dog lover, but now I hate them, ALL DOGS SHOULD BE SHOT!

Customers who let their dog come out of the front door and sniff around me and then take objection to me not liking it or pushing it away with my foot!

The public who complain that you knock on their door knockers too hard and come to the door saying "Are you trying to break my door down"?

You are given a choice whether to use the knocker or bell, so you use the knocker, they then say " Is the bell not working"? I DON'T KNOW I HAVEN'T TRIED IT!!

Customers who don't thank you when you hand over a parcel. I walk away saying "Say thank you then" Sometimes they reply "what did you say?" I reply and are met with abuse!

Customers who have to go and find the key to open the porch door!

Customers who have to take the dog and put it in another room before opening the door!

Customers who open their bedroom window and say "Hello" instead of "excuse me" and are too bloody lazy to come down and answer the door!

Customers who come to the door with a pathetic little s**t of a dog that constantly barks in your face! TAKE YOUR BLOODY DOG AND STICK IT UP YOUR ARSE?

I hate the bloody job and hate everything about it! I tell people to "F**k off" half the time, (not to their face, but as walking away) sometimes they hear me, most of the time they don't! However if I do swear at them they deserve it!

I do my job well and am courteous and polite to most of the public. It's the morons I can't stand, I don't suffer fools gladly!

Yes I know, I should be careful about being sacked, and should look for another job. Please see my post regarding finding a full time position. Quite frankly, I'm past caring!

I could go on.....
Last edited by p5aul789 on 12 May 2018, 09:03, edited 13 times in total.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 10   1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10