not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

24 Dec 2018, 22:20

Rapidryan88 wrote:
crimson king wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!

And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.

Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts :left:

That’s the absolute worst lol no sorry nothing

Once I left a parcel with a neighbour after a couple of loud knocks, then a few house along they come out waving the note at me. Demanding I go fetch the parcel because they were playing loud music and didn't hear me, somehow that was my fault!

25 Dec 2018, 15:51

Just as your posting a letter through the letterbox, the customer opens the door

25 Dec 2018, 16:05

DrSatan wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:
crimson king wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!

And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.

Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts :left:

That’s the absolute worst lol no sorry nothing

Once I left a parcel with a neighbour after a couple of loud knocks, then a few house along they come out waving the note at me. Demanding I go fetch the parcel because they were playing loud music and didn't hear me, somehow that was my fault!

Happens regularly, and they're told everytime to get it themselves!

25 Dec 2018, 19:33

There is one house on my round who does my head in. One day I knocked and the dog was barking his head off but no answer. So I carded it and went on my way. Back at the van the owner came up to me and said "sorry I didn't hear you knock because the dog was barking" :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh from now on he gets one knock and then gets a card.

26 Dec 2018, 22:39

villan wrote:Having Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett doing the sorting in the morning.

This drives me bonkers. One or two that prep my round are near perfect. The others i swear stand 4ft back from my frame, close their eyes and just launch the letters and hope for the best. Absolute shitshow.

27 Dec 2018, 17:11

Postboxes that are literally 4 inches wide and 1 inch in height

27 Dec 2018, 18:30

Postboxes at the very bottom of front doors that don't open very easily. I think I only have one of those on my walk at the moment and it was only fitted very recently. I did point out it was more decorative than functional but didn't get that much of a response. They gave me an Xmas tip today though so I will have to hold my tongue. Shouldn't really be available to buy now in my opinion.

27 Dec 2018, 20:21

LaggyBand wrote:That door looks really unhappy

Haha, when you see it, made me giggle :)

27 Dec 2018, 20:43

Plugs. Those f*cking things just won't fit through letterboxes.

28 Dec 2018, 18:38

New builds with no number other than a plot number?

Am I just supposed to guess?
Last edited by Trail on 28 Dec 2018, 18:39, edited 1 time in total.

28 Dec 2018, 18:39

Houses with names AND numbers.

Call the f°cking thing one or the other.

28 Dec 2018, 19:31

Of the two streets and one close I deliver to in town before heading out on my rural delivery not one 'Merry Xmas', a quid for a pint, a cheery wave....nothing!
Miserable f***ers!

28 Dec 2018, 20:14

Celgar wrote:Postboxes at the very bottom of front doors that don't open very easily. I think I only have one of those on my walk at the moment and it was only fitted very recently. I did point out it was more decorative than functional but didn't get that much of a response. They gave me an Xmas tip today though so I will have to hold my tongue. Shouldn't really be available to buy now in my opinion.

Boxes at the bottom of doors put me in a bad mood full-stop. There’s a development of 80ish houses I sometimes have to deliver to in which every one has a floor box. Might as well just crawl around the place.

29 Dec 2018, 13:32

Trail wrote:New builds with no number other than a plot number?

Am I just supposed to guess?

When there are new build estates at my office we get a list from the builders that shows the plot number and proposed address for all them.

31 Dec 2018, 20:31

Following the pizza leaflet deliverer who's left every one sticking out of the letterbox.

Trying to post mail through a letterbox where the frame of the inside brush is 1cm higher than the slot.

Getting parcels where the purchaser has filled the online fields in wrong and the address is an email, and the next parcel is the same and the one after and then the one after....

01 Jan 2019, 02:22

Following the pizza leaflet deliverer who's left every one sticking out of the letterbox

They're easy.

Open letterbox, pizza leaflet on floor, your stuff in.

If it's half in and in my way, it's pulled out, on the floor and my stuff rammed in. Same for DPD, Hermes, Yodel , general love making and rest of yous can't be bothered putting stuff all the way in.

:cuppa

24 Jun 2020, 14:17

Woman said to me today "Bet your hot in this, it's too hot for me" HOT ..... HOT .... You want to try carrying this f'in bag in it :evil/mad

24 Jun 2020, 15:02

dogs mess

Previous page Next page

Page 10 of 10   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10