not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

15 Dec 2018, 19:55

The people whose house smells like a geriatric dogs home.

Then they let the dirty, stinking, dribbling, flea ridden, ancient old hound, with halitosis, sniff around me whilst I'm trying to get the owner to sign for their parcel.

Yeeurgghh!!

15 Dec 2018, 20:13

p5aul789 wrote:
Sir Henry wrote:So those decorative door bows... You start by putting your bundle into you bag, with your free hand you slide the material of the ' ribbon' to one side and open the letter box just enough to post the oversized letters etc only to be met with great resistance from the inner flap caused by the high tensile catapult band of material now pulled extra taught against it by you pulling the outside material to one side.

I would sentence each homeowner who has one of these to a week of posting exclusively to other households with similar door decorations.

Return their mail and mark it as inaccessable! That'll teach them!

That's just crazy enough to work !

15 Dec 2018, 20:23

Nikellie wrote:The people with locked gates who leave a note asking you to ring their mobile.

It's basically an open invitation to an argument at your providers standard rate.

16 Dec 2018, 08:04

Nikellie wrote:The people whose house smells like a geriatric dogs home.

Then they let the dirty, stinking, dribbling, flea ridden, ancient old hound, with halitosis, sniff around me whilst I'm trying to get the owner to sign for their parcel.

Yeeurgghh!!

Especially when they start licking your short-wearing legs, when you know they’ve just spent the past hour using that same tongue as a shovel to dig into their own ****hole.

17 Dec 2018, 19:27

LaggyBand wrote:

Yeeurgghh!!

Especially when they start licking your short-wearing legs, when you know they’ve just spent the past hour using that same tongue as a shovel to dig into their own ****hole.

I can't decide whether it's the usage of shovel or dig that just made me retch. Either way, beautifully descriptive verse there, Laggy.

18 Dec 2018, 05:58

when I have to go to the same house every day and he answers in his budgie smugglers and the step is higher so his very small !!!@ is in my face every day!

18 Dec 2018, 08:37

pinkpaws wrote:when I have to go to the same house every day and he answers in his budgie smugglers and the step is higher so his very small !!!@ is in my face every day!

Some people might see that has a positive :left:

18 Dec 2018, 09:16

The collection on my round is crazy now. There was 5 post offices now 3 have closed and one in nearby town has closed. So the two left are ridiculously busy. The queue is crazy coming out the shop and down the street and I have to try and squeeze past with dozens of bags. Plus parking there is a nightmare.

Be so easy for the competition to offer a collection/delivery service around here, people are pissed off queuing for ages.

18 Dec 2018, 12:23

Them rods that drop down to hold a gate in place. What a ball ache! I never put them down again on my way out, but next day the owners have prepared them for a battle again when I arrive.

Them cheap tin outdoor boxes that slice your fingers when you put the mail in. One owner had a go the other day when he reckoned I should have knocked with a card larger than the box that I had bent to get in with the rest of the mail - they don't hold much and are never at the right height.

18 Dec 2018, 15:01

customers that leave a note stuck to the front door saying

"please leave parcels in porch"

90% of the parcels need a signature

18 Dec 2018, 18:02

The guy who orders numerous parcels but is never....ever... in!! The neighbours never take his parcels now, so I've already got my P739 already written out.

18 Dec 2018, 22:17

MissKazzyB wrote:There's about 3 properties that all have a over grown garden.
So when I open the gate I have to brush past the bushes, flowers, branches or whatever is sticking out & it drives me nuts.

A man came out today from one of the properties & I really felt like asking him to sort his garden out as I'm fed up of walking into everything that sticks out.

As If all the cob webs that I walk through ain't enough already lol

Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol

I put notes through the peoples doors who have overgrown gardens saying things like "please trim the hedge etc" You would be surprised how many people actually take note and sort it out. I then put a note through saying "thanks" lol!

19 Dec 2018, 01:00

crimson king wrote:.... and have severed halfway through an electric cable that's threaded through a heavy metal letterbox that tries to take your fingers off at the best of times (it's running tree lights outside).

This is potentially a serious health & safety issue, if the cable is at mains voltage and switched on, if the metal edge of the letterbox cuts through the cable enough to contact the wiring, then the letterbox could become live.
I once reported concern about this to a manager but nothing came of it.

19 Dec 2018, 08:35

crimson king wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:

Yeeurgghh!!

I can't decide whether it's the usage of shovel or dig that just made me retch. Either way, beautifully descriptive verse there, Laggy.

Haha thanks for the compliment.

I’ve said it to a dog owner before (outside of work of course..) and they were like, “ewwww, well he’s kinda right tho...”

20 Dec 2018, 20:17

Having Stevie Wonder and David Blunkett doing the sorting in the morning.

20 Dec 2018, 22:59

Sign on the door of a mid 25 houses long terrace saying 'please knock at the back door'

21 Dec 2018, 20:15

When you've knocked on a porch door, rang the bell, tried a neighbour, wrote a card out, then random courier turns up, walks up to porch door - opens it and chucks package in!!!!!!

24 Dec 2018, 07:09

When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!

24 Dec 2018, 07:24

Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!

And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.

Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts :left:

24 Dec 2018, 08:02

crimson king wrote:
Rapidryan88 wrote:When a house has 2 cars on the drive all the top windows open, a light on but no one answers after 3 loud knocks!!

And then, six to eight houses later you hear "hello, excuse me! Postie!" And they're there on their doorstep, waving the 739 in the air with no intention of coming to you and expecting you to trudge back with their parcel.

Which we do, with a big f**k off smile on our faces and sheer hate raging in our hearts :left:

That’s the absolute worst lol no sorry nothing

Previous page Next page

Page 9 of 10   1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10