not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?

28 Jul 2018, 20:08

crimson king wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.

The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.

I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts :speak to the hand

Zanussi and Electrolux garden furniture and you'd be describing my duty.

02 Aug 2018, 11:14

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Nothing really, well except for the various Zanussi, Hotpoint and Lec Garden Ornaments that are strewn everywhere.

- And of course the mouldy old sofa - :dance

02 Aug 2018, 11:17

crimson king wrote:
LaggyBand wrote:Dog walkers that expect YOU to move out of the way of THEM.

The bloody dogs walking around within my duty, I have absolutely no problem moving out of their way...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded Baskerville mutts.

I move out of the way of most of the owners when they're on their own too...the drooling, wild eyed benefit funded bastard mutts :speak to the hand

That's soooo funny...Bandit land anyone?

Zanussi and Electrolux garden furniture and you'd be describing my duty.

02 Aug 2018, 15:42

Don’t have my own round, but often get shafted with non drivers and slow pokes on heavy duties.
Does having to put up with the managers bollocks when cutting off count?

11 Dec 2018, 19:25

Rapidryan88 wrote:I’m new, so not much yet but the main thing is letter boxes that require two hands And the few houses I go to with the letterbox on the BOTTOM of the door.

All letter boxes at the bottom of a door should be banned because of injury to a Postman/woman's back. Other countries have banned these letter boxes. The UK should follow suit. When out delivering most of the day, these letter boxes are an absolute pain literally. BAN BAN BAN

11 Dec 2018, 19:39

Right now its these god forsake things

*picture from Google not a customer's door*

:arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

11 Dec 2018, 19:46

That door looks really unhappy

11 Dec 2018, 20:13

When you try a few neighbours with a parcel and finally find one at home and they say ... ooooh no sorry I don’t know them or I never see them ...

11 Dec 2018, 20:51

Backstep2424 wrote:When you try a few neighbours with a parcel and finally find one at home and they say ... ooooh no sorry I don’t know them or I never see them ...

If you are going to try neighbours don't try more than two for any one item.

11 Dec 2018, 23:14

Acca Dacca wrote:Right now its these god forsake things

So far I've broken two wreaths attached to door knockers and have severed halfway through an electric cable that's threaded through a heavy metal letterbox that tries to take your fingers off at the best of times (it's running tree lights outside). :Applause

Not seen anything like in the picture yet but if I do, I bet it wouldn't last long either. :no no

11 Dec 2018, 23:21

Celgar wrote:
Backstep2424 wrote:When you try a few neighbours with a parcel and finally find one at home and they say ... ooooh no sorry I don’t know them or I never see them ...

Try the entire street, do less work.

12 Dec 2018, 22:09

those annoying door bell/intercom that ring the customer while there at work, only for them to tell you "I'm not in"

yeah i know

12 Dec 2018, 23:01

Don't try them ring things, just does my nut in. "Just sign for it and put it through or just throw it over the gate." Err no. I knock and if they don't answer try next door then 739.

12 Dec 2018, 23:15

Acca Dacca wrote:Right now its these god forsake things

1 on my round 2 years ago
2 last year
4 this year
Thankfully I only have 6 years left.
Do people REALLY not think?

12 Dec 2018, 23:17

Mind you, at that rate of increase it will be 256 in 6 years!

13 Dec 2018, 08:12

postietom wrote:Don't try them ring things, just does my nut in. "Just sign for it and put it through or just throw it over the gate." Err no. I knock and if they don't answer try next door then 739.

Some of them seem to sense you or have you on camera as soon as you're in range. Woman on my duty has one and she's often at the door before I've rounded the corner of her path. Or maybe she's just seen me from a window.

Either way, she's very disconcerting.

13 Dec 2018, 16:29

So those decorative door bows... You start by putting your bundle into you bag, with your free hand you slide the material of the ' ribbon' to one side and open the letter box just enough to post the oversized letters etc only to be met with great resistance from the inner flap caused by the high tensile catapult band of material now pulled extra taught against it by you pulling the outside material to one side.

I would sentence each homeowner who has one of these to a week of posting exclusively to other households with similar door decorations.

13 Dec 2018, 20:02

jd9442 wrote:
Celgar wrote:

Try the entire street, do less work.

Doing DTN for ten minutes is the same amount of work as delivering letters for ten minutes :P

15 Dec 2018, 00:12

Sir Henry wrote:So those decorative door bows... You start by putting your bundle into you bag, with your free hand you slide the material of the ' ribbon' to one side and open the letter box just enough to post the oversized letters etc only to be met with great resistance from the inner flap caused by the high tensile catapult band of material now pulled extra taught against it by you pulling the outside material to one side.

I would sentence each homeowner who has one of these to a week of posting exclusively to other households with similar door decorations.

Return their mail and mark it as inaccessable! That'll teach them!

15 Dec 2018, 19:42

The people with locked gates who leave a note asking you to ring their mobile.

Not a chance pal - P739.

Oh and "no" I couldn't give a toss that it's a 20 mile trip for you to pick it up.

Previous page Next page

Page 8 of 10   1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10