ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Royal Mail are concerned that there could be heavy deliveries in the final run-up to the election

17 May 2017, 19:42

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2017/0 ... ountdown-2

With the first snap election since 1974, this General Election is like no other we have seen for more than 40 years.

Instead of months of planning, we have just over three weeks left to deliver campaign materials successfully until final delivery on Wednesday 7 June.

Key role to play

You will have already seen candidates’ mail beginning to enter our network. We have almost a conveyor belt operation in action, with mail being checked and booked in, and dropped off, within a matter of days rather than the usual weeks or months.

It is this lack of advance planning time and the dynamics of this particular election which is bound to create pressure points during the countdown to election day. We are concerned that there could be heavy deliveries in the final run-up to the election.

:funneh Please plan for peak days over these next few weeks. :left: Anticipate high volumes of candidates’ mail. It is vital to ensure we do our best to manage candidates’ mail and deliver it on time and to the required specification.

Trusted provider

As the Universal Service Provider we play an essential role in the democratic process. We ensure that the electorate is informed of their voting options, and choice of candidates.

We are trusted by the community, the Government and candidates to deliver all election mail on time and to the correct specifications.

This year more than any other we need your support to meet this challenge. We must do a great job.

Royal Mail are concerned that there could be heavy deliveries in the final run-up to the election

17 May 2017, 20:37

Well call off your summer resourcing plan then. Muppets.

17 May 2017, 20:44

How about managers do the managing and we worry about delivering the mail? I'm at a stage where I couldn't care less how much mail there is. Give me enough work for my duty time and then I'm off home.

17 May 2017, 20:46

Watch them lump a load of d2d's on at the same time lol

17 May 2017, 20:48

I'm on annual leave next week, do you think I should cancel it to help get it all delivered? :left:

17 May 2017, 21:18

POSTMAN wrote:
This year more than any other we need your support to meet this challenge. We must do a great job.

Now they need us? Perhaps they'd see a bit more give and take if they didn't treat us like sheet the rest of the time! :speak to the hand

17 May 2017, 22:20

Managers telling us that they've been informed that first election material will arrive today (Wednesday), he even got a number of extras in early to help to throw them in... only for the election material not to turn up. :Applause

17 May 2017, 23:31

POSTMAN wrote:Royal Mail are concerned that there could be heavy deliveries in the final run-up to the election

I don't believe that for one moment.

They haven't been concerned about heavy deliveries ever, since I started, so I don't think they'll start worrying now.

18 May 2017, 05:54

they should be concerned
as their strategy after this election is to take away payment and put material into workload
maybe some of us should say f**k it

18 May 2017, 06:57

Postal vote forms must be due to go out anytime now

18 May 2017, 07:52

SpacePhoenix wrote:Postal vote forms must be due to go out anytime now

Going to arrive in my area for the week beginning 22nd May (this is from the council not RM). Obviously these are election-related material but they won't attract the unit payment, if I understand this correctly, so they will be treated like 'normal' mail. Sure hope they have resourcing plans in place including the suspension of planned lapsing for the days affected!

18 May 2017, 08:31

BeamishStout wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Postal vote forms must be due to go out anytime now

Going to arrive in my area for the week beginning 22nd May (this is from the council not RM). Obviously these are election-related material but they won't attract the unit payment, if I understand this correctly, so they will be treated like 'normal' mail. Sure hope they have resourcing plans in place including the suspension of planned lapsing for the days affected!

Probably next week everywhere then. They'll get sequenced along with whatever other mail comes through at the same time.

18 May 2017, 08:50

ScousePostie wrote:Managers telling us that they've been informed that first election material will arrive today (Wednesday), he even got a number of extras in early to help to throw them in... only for the election material not to turn up. :Applause

yer some of ours came in yesterday and was left as we was to busy with ordinary mail and pkts etc , and so didn't have time to touch it never mind prep it :left: , oh and just a quick question how long do you get for unadressed stuff ? our rep said its 3 days , but I thought it was 7 days , any help on this would be great. :thumbup

18 May 2017, 13:48

POSTMAN wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2017/05/election-countdown-2

With the first snap election since 1974, this General Election is like no other we have seen for more than 40 years.

Instead of months of planning, we have just over three weeks left to deliver campaign materials successfully until final delivery on Wednesday 7 June.

Key role to play

You will have already seen candidates’ mail beginning to enter our network. We have almost a conveyor belt operation in action, with mail being checked and booked in, and dropped off, within a matter of days rather than the usual weeks or months.

It is this lack of advance planning time and the dynamics of this particular election which is bound to create pressure points during the countdown to election day. We are concerned that there could be heavy deliveries in the final run-up to the election.

:funneh Please plan for peak days over these next few weeks. :left: Anticipate high volumes of candidates’ mail. It is vital to ensure we do our best to manage candidates’ mail and deliver it on time and to the required specification.

Trusted provider

As the Universal Service Provider we play an essential role in the democratic process. We ensure that the electorate is informed of their voting options, and choice of candidates.

We are trusted by the community, the Government and candidates to deliver all election mail on time and to the correct specifications.

"Double" absorption starts next week,and all early sorting is stopping in our office,we also have another short Bank Holiday week soon......looks like good planning in our office again!

18 May 2017, 14:57

hans solo wrote:they should be concerned
as their strategy after this election is to take away payment and put material into workload
maybe some of us should say f**k it

They come away with this bollox about the extra unit payment etc. Well I for one couldn't care. I am not interested in going above and beyond for a company who want to take away all of our hard fought terms and conditions. I will do a fair days labour. No more, no less. Regardless of whether there is a general election on the horizon and they need us to graft harder. Simply not happening.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3