ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

being moved from my duty

16 May 2017, 21:52

Hi all.

Last week I was moved from my own signed for duty, to another round.
I've got alot of back problems and the business know this and have given me a suitable transit van, being high seated and great back support its perfect for me.

The duty they've moved me to is a rural with around 400 calls, at least 300 of them have alot of steps to each house and it's roads are extremely steep.
This plays havoc with my back, luckily i've been off since on annual leave but is there anything I can do to stop this happening again?

It's caused me personal injury and stress. I know employers have a duty of care to prevent the cause of stress and injury in the workplace.

Such as identifying significant and foreseeable risks to employees health under the health and safety act, to prevent them employees from harm to their health that is foreseeable and caused by work, and to consider any disability long term or otherwise, that has the effect on employees ability to work.

Does anyone have any advice to stop this? Tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree but Royal Mail are not above employment law. :Boo hoo!

being moved from my duty

17 May 2017, 05:49

Have you been through OH to have your duty modified to suit you?
Are your back problems clearly documented along with what you can and should not do?
Is there a paper trail?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1