ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 14:55

I was wondering if anyone knew how a postie can become a line manager? Is it just a case of applying for said job that's advertised?

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 16:18

stephen.cal87 wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew how a postie can become a line manager? Is it just a case of applying for said job that's advertised?

You're doing the job anyway,as they are always out on delivery and not allowed to manage,spot the difference.

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 16:21

rubberbond wrote:spot the difference.

£15k pa more? :whistle

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 16:52

Just fail as a postman and they come knocking on your door! :nana

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 17:48

stephen.cal87 wrote:I was wondering if anyone knew how a postie can become a line manager? Is it just a case of applying for said job that's advertised?

Most of the postie to manager crew start by "acting" a few extra bucks in your pocket and the chance to get off your duty every now and then in return for getting told to "do one" every time you ask us to do anything, these roles used to be advertised in office but I'm not sure if you have to do it online now.

To apply directly for a line manager role straight from a postie would definitely be online, to be honest If I wanted a job with absolutely no respect and that level of s**t flying about I would probably just clean out our DO toilets.

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 18:25

In our office, come in early unpaid. Doorstep. Run round. Don't say no to anything, basically suck up to manager. Seems to be the qualifying criteria. Never ever seen these jobs advertised.

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 18:39

I wish you well my friend in your new adventure,being a postie should stand you in good stead as to the problems we face on a daily basis,and what we are up against,sadly I fear it won't be of any benefit to you in the royal mails culture of fear to get the job done on the cheap,safely and securely only when it goes wrong and comes back to bite you!

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 18:43

Scum

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 19:04

baldrick wrote:
rubberbond wrote:spot the difference.

£15k pa more? :whistle

Doubt it. Or you missed the decimal point between the 1 and the 5. Because deputies get substitution of about £100 a week, or thereabouts.

Going to the dark side

19 Mar 2017, 22:30

"Don't do it!"

Going to the dark side

20 Mar 2017, 12:56

Act like a total tool for a while falling out with your colleagues and become a "team leader". The progression is rapid

Going to the dark side

20 Mar 2017, 15:18

You have to gain 3 stone and turn into a lazy sod

Going to the dark side

20 Mar 2017, 17:36

:Applause

So,to sum it up so far , it's not really all that positive a reaction you're getting here. Probably best not enter,"the most popular member of staff", competition at your office,this year anyway.
Last edited by rubberbond on 20 Mar 2017, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.

Going to the dark side

20 Mar 2017, 17:39

tonytucker wrote:

You have to gain 3 stone and turn into a lazy sod

I thought that was firm's driver?

Going to the dark side

20 Mar 2017, 18:29

Become a union rep first. :shhhhh

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2