ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

VR. EVR

17 Mar 2017, 19:20

Any thoughts on this,and what's happening in units around the country,at 55 and in my 37 th and being told by boss maybe this job isn't the job for you anymore? As always last back(yes didn't realise it was a race) etc,just have to wait and see,or should I put something in writing as a request,asked my boss not sure if he thinks I'm serious,advice please

VR. EVR

17 Mar 2017, 20:32

robbertwhitton wrote:Any thoughts on this,and what's happening in units around the country,at 55 and in my 37 th and being told by boss maybe this job isn't the job for you anymore? As always last back(yes didn't realise it was a race) etc,just have to wait and see,or should I put something in writing as a request,asked my boss not sure if he thinks I'm serious,advice please

Mate do not know your circumstances but your 55 go for VR, you will get 2 years pay plus extra for how long you've been with RM, plus you can cash in some of your pension when your 55, also your shares next year that's another £3'000. Ask yourself are u happy in your job now if the answer is no you've answered the questions, the job your started in the 80s has gone things are only going to get worse, I have applied to go started in the 80s loved the job back then but now just want out, my situation is different from yours but still hoping to go. Also if your office is like mine I have never meet so many people who moan, they moan about everything at my office do u really want this every day, with u being 55 this might be your last change to go, not sure what age they change it to 13 weeks or something.

VR. EVR

17 Mar 2017, 20:34

Are you at the top of the seniority list in your office as that is how it would be allocated if offered? There'd be a stampede in our office :Very Happy

VR. EVR

17 Mar 2017, 20:43

That's what I love about RM- being told your not doing the job correctly anymore when somebody else does your round on your day off. And they come in early and run and are 20 years younger! But its still YOU who are in the wrong! I went for EVR in 2015 and I am still here!! :arrrghhh

VR. EVR

17 Mar 2017, 21:01

Many thanks for the advice and reply,yes have taken some lump sum of my pension to do the things I want with wife and daughter,yes would go tomorrow if the deal was right,as and when they want to save even more money by maybe making my round part time,my rural round I love to bits with grateful customers far removed from the rat race of lapsing and overtime and penny pinching propaganda by managers who can't manage and who have no people skills,yes am the senior postie in my unit which counts for very little these days,you do get slower it's a fact,just wasn't sure what was happening nationally regards evr the manager not very helpfull ????

VR. EVR

17 Mar 2017, 21:04

fly-catchers wrote:That's what I love about RM- being told your not doing the job correctly anymore when somebody else does your round on your day off. And they come in early and run and are 20 years younger! But its still YOU who are in the wrong! I went for EVR in 2015 and I am still here!! :arrrghhh

Your spot on mate!!!

VR. EVR

18 Mar 2017, 00:40

In another thread...

dingo wrote:They have said they want to cease MTSF as they think the terms need to be reduced and are currently unaffordable .

So don't build your hopes up :thumbdown

If you want to read Dingo's comment in context then it is in this thread http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=79015

VR. EVR

18 Mar 2017, 21:20

You will be very lucky to get EVR. They just don't offer it anymore.
I left yesterday on IHR. It felt like I had won the lottery when I signed on the dotted line and walked out of the door.
56 years old 20 years service and had enough.

VR. EVR

18 Mar 2017, 22:01

Lets be honest Royal Mail are in trouble fact, the only way they can reduce the workforce is to continue the payments under the current MTSF deal, if they offer less VR EVR payments nobody would ever leave so the only way to reduce the workforce is to keep the current deal.

VR. EVR

18 Mar 2017, 22:10

stroller wrote:Lets be honest Royal Mail are in trouble fact, the only way they can reduce the workforce is to continue the payments under the current MTSF deal, if they offer less VR EVR payments nobody would ever leave so the only way to reduce the workforce is to keep the current deal.

not according to dingo he basically has said rm want to reduce everything.

VR. EVR

19 Mar 2017, 10:49

For those who might be interested, there's a huge difference in what we might get from a VR payment under the MTSF agreement and the minimum statutory redundancy payment required by law.
Personally under MTSF, I'd qualify for 104 weeks pay or just under £43,000 based £412 per week. But if i just was getting a statutory payment, I would only get £9,600.

You can compare yours by looking at the ready reckoner here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=74407 and compare that to what the statutory payment would be here: https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-redundancy-pay

VR. EVR

19 Mar 2017, 19:55

That's what I was saying, looking at the post by RobertT they would never get anybody to leave unless it was under the present MTSF offers, you would be crazy to go on statutory terms.

VR. EVR

19 Mar 2017, 20:20

stroller wrote:That's what I was saying, looking at the post by RobertT they would never get anybody to leave unless it was under the present MTSF offers, you would be crazy to go on statutory terms.

Unless it was compulsory redundancy.

VR. EVR

19 Mar 2017, 20:30

If you are in your 30's and early 40's the road ahead does not look good, I am glad I am in the final furlong of my Post Office career.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1