ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 00:17

Hey fellow posties, only been a postie for 3years, but starting to feel it's 3years too long, with everything going on with Royal Mail I'm starting to think it may be time to look for something else...... my perspective is Royal Mail seems to get worse, with the current state of the pensions, the changing of full time hours, the constant pressure of extra workload and the harassment and bullying by managers...... I find I like my job once I'm out and away from the office, I'm hating the office atmosphere, worktime learning turns into the House of Parliament....... our office needs a revision on jobs cuz some are too easy others ridiculous i for one can't go over my time as I have child commitments but it turns into a interrogation with my boss :-/
A big problem is our union rep doesn't seem very pro active :-(
Are other offices the same .....

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 10:48

Yes :wink:

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 15:40

Yeh I still enjoy it most of the time, although I am starting to struggle physically a bit now the walks are longer.
Got the usual pressure from DIM etc as to why can't you complete blah blah blah but it's in one ear out the other, it only gets to you if you let it.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 17:16

Work time learning? Our office hasn't had those for months, possibly years.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 17:18

I've worked at RM for just over 2 years now. I enjoy the job once I'm out the office. In the office is another story, but I try not to let what I think of the office side of the job affect what I think of the job as a whole.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 17:24

Gangham_style14 wrote:Hey fellow posties, only been a postie for 3years, but starting to feel it's 3years too long, with everything going on with Royal Mail I'm starting to think it may be time to look for something else...... my perspective is Royal Mail seems to get worse, with the current state of the pensions, the changing of full time hours, the constant pressure of extra workload and the harassment and bullying by managers...... I find I like my job once I'm out and away from the office, I'm hating the office atmosphere, worktime learning turns into the House of Parliament....... our office needs a revision on jobs cuz some are too easy others ridiculous i for one can't go over my time as I have child commitments but it turns into a interrogation with my boss :-/
A big problem is our union rep doesn't seem very pro active :-(
Are other offices the same .....

Your office sounds like most offices which is all down to bad management so being outside away from the mayhem is better but shortly management will be acting as big brother when you are not in the office by using Trimble which will be fitted in your van, like it or not the job is for sure getting worse so your next 3 years at Royal Mail will be far worse than the last 3 years - sorry but you did ask :hmmmm

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 17:26

Yes I do. I work in a great office and it's well paid for part time work.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 17:29

We already have tracking in some of our vans. I was one of the first to use one of these vans when I was on a walk for a long period of time. It proved one thing, that my driving isn't perfect, but it was nowhere near as bad as some of the other drivers whose vans were also fitted with the tracker.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 17:35

It pays the mortgage , enough said.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 18:21

24 years in and still enjoy it, not as much as 20 years ago when i thought it was the best job in the world ( bikes,2 deliveries, finished 1st delivery 9am, home by 11:30am, saturday back in bed by 9am) plus it would be hard to find same sort of work for the same pay.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 20:22

I do but I don't enjoy the thought of what its likely to become and I don't enjoy the way its becoming more and more physical , apart from that , working outdoors with nobody looking over my shoulder and getting home at a time I can enjoy my kids growing up I still like it.

Do you enjoy your job ?

16 Feb 2017, 21:34

Working on my own I enjoy it , P&L I hate it

Do you enjoy your job ?

17 Feb 2017, 10:39

I enjoyed it when I started in the 90's - now its just a way of paying the bills.

Do you enjoy your job ?

17 Feb 2017, 14:20

everywhere is the same, if i could find a job with similar pay id leave this second

Do you enjoy your job ?

17 Feb 2017, 14:27

lcook282 wrote:everywhere is the same, if i could find a job with similar pay id leave this second

And that my friend is the crux of the issue, the only difference between prison and here is that we go home at night....for now.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2