ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE


torn calf muscle

15 Feb 2017, 06:13

just looking for info on here please as I can't get to the doctor till Thursday.was in the hospital yesterday & now I'm on crutches with a torn calf muscle & want to get back to work asap but was wondering if anyone on here has had this happen & how long it takes to heal?


torn calf muscle

15 Feb 2017, 10:02

Depends what grade tear it is.
Mine took 4 months but a friend also had one and recovery took 3 weeks

torn calf muscle

15 Feb 2017, 16:55

I tore mine runing up the stairs at home and I actually heard it go *ripp* , it hurt like hell and was hobbling around for two weeks (flat footed on the bad leg) . Muscle normally heals without any lasting symptom its just really painful . Are you sure its muscle and not a ligament tear ? that can be permanent damage .

torn calf muscle

15 Feb 2017, 17:01

Dont let them rush you back, only come back when you feel ready too.

torn calf muscle

15 Feb 2017, 17:54

Your recovery depends if you were wearing RM footwear or not! :roll:

torn calf muscle

15 Feb 2017, 18:46

http://physioworks.com.au/injuries-cond ... scle-tears

Might give you an idea

torn calf muscle

16 Feb 2017, 07:49

Mobey wrote:Your recovery depends if you were wearing RM footwear or not! :roll:

yes i had Magnums on it was only my 5th day wearing them as they are new & I'd been having problems with them from day 1 as they make me walk weird

torn calf muscle

16 Feb 2017, 08:03

buzzboy wrote:I tore mine runing up the stairs at home and I actually heard it go *ripp* , it hurt like hell and was hobbling around for two weeks (flat footed on the bad leg) . Muscle normally heals without any lasting symptom its just really painful . Are you sure its muscle and not a ligament tear ? that can be permanent damage .

i felt it rip inside my calf all the way from top to bottom,hospital examined it & said it was a muscle rip & packed me off with crutches.

torn calf muscle

16 Feb 2017, 15:46

Make sure you are fully fit before returning to delivery, the last thing you want is some permenant weakness long after RM have sailed you down the river, because they will trust me.

torn calf muscle

16 Feb 2017, 18:31

Get a sick not from your GP and when you think you are ready for physio etc ask you manager for a referral to OH Assist.
Do not let them rush you back it's your leg not theirs.

torn calf muscle

16 Feb 2017, 21:33

iHateD2Ds wrote:Get a sick not from your GP and when you think you are ready for physio etc ask you manager for a referral to OH Assist.
Do not let them rush you back it's your leg not theirs.

I've had to self cert for a week until I get to see a doctor.went in work today to update Dom on situation & Dom said I was meant to be back tomorrow,impossible I said as I can't walk properly,I was then informed that I would be put down as 2 separate sicknesses,half a day for the day it happened & another from tomorrow.I hurt my leg on 14th so how can it be said it's 2 sicknesses in the same week.can they do this?

torn calf muscle

17 Feb 2017, 01:19

woking wrote:
iHateD2Ds wrote:Get a sick not from your GP and when you think you are ready for physio etc ask you manager for a referral to OH Assist.
Do not let them rush you back it's your leg not theirs.

I've had to self cert for a week until I get to see a doctor.went in work today to update Dom on situation & Dom said I was meant to be back tomorrow,impossible I said as I can't walk properly,I was then informed that I would be put down as 2 separate sicknesses,half a day for the day it happened & another from tomorrow.I hurt my leg on 14th so how can it be said it's 2 sicknesses in the same week.can they do this?


What a W******. Nothing surprises me anymore with these idiots.
Get a union rep involved asap.

torn calf muscle

17 Feb 2017, 07:55

He is trying it on. If you remained on sick and you get a fit note from the docs to cover from the 7th day then its one period of sick. Even if it was your day off, or leave between, it doesn't change the fact that you were sick for one period.

Get a rep on it - the manager is trying to pressurise you, or they haven't been trained properly.

torn calf muscle

18 Feb 2017, 23:09

The bottom line is: DO NOT RETURN TO WORK UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY FIT. Your DOM sounds like a Dickhead and will probably try and get you back to work quickly, just to solve HIS manning problem. You have to consider your own situation. Don't be pressured into returning too soon, your injury will only flare up again triggering another sick absence. Good Luck. :thumbup

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1