ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

New tasks for RLE and DOM Support

11 Jan 2017, 17:51

Noticed the other day that myself and a colleague are listed on a office noticeboard that we are to do some form of training soon.
I'm RLE and my colleague is DOM support.

We asked a lino about it and he knew nothing.

By coincidence my colleague noticed some paperwork on our DOMS desk mentioning additional training and tasks for RLE and Dom support, but was unable to see what it was about.

I'm sure we'll find out in due course and neither if us are worried about it as we already work our full hours and if anything additional responsibilities just help to protect our duties.

Has anyone else that does either duty had some recent changes to their duties that involved training and if so what's it about?

Just curious really as neither of us have room or time in our duties to do much more than we currently do.

11 Jan 2017, 19:12

We had a Card machine installed at our enquiry office (to pay by card for surcharges etc..) which required some online training and a guy came to train how to use it, could be that if you help in the enquiry office?

11 Jan 2017, 19:17

we thought that but there's no mention of the regular callers office duty getting any training.

11 Jan 2017, 22:41

What do RLE staff do past 9am? Serious question

11 Jan 2017, 23:28

I cover callers office meal break.
Sort and tray up all redirections.
Process and bag up all Sd,RD and tracked kill offs.
Process,sort and kill off all offices missorts.
Tray up all offices kill offs.
Meal break, usually spent eating and watching delivery staff going home.
Paperwork such as fuel card stuff, sd signing and vehicle signing sheets for next day.
Assist callers offices with booking in docket left items into SPS.

On Saturdays some of those tasks are left till Monday as we have no collection. Instead i assist in the callers office as it gets so busy.

12 Jan 2017, 16:46

Creditshampoo wrote:What do RLE staff do past 9am? Serious question

Read the paper, brew up(again) pick out my nags for the races and then go to the chippy for the managers and myself.
Occasionally I might order some new redirection stickers. :cuppa

13 Jan 2017, 17:10

General Mannerheim wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:What do RLE staff do past 9am? Serious question

Read the paper, brew up(again) pick out my nags for the races and then go to the chippy for the managers and myself.
Occasionally I might order some new redirection stickers. :cuppa

You can read? Show off.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1