ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Anyone in your office do two duties?

10 Jan 2017, 22:19

In our office we have 3 members of staff that occasionally get to do 2 duties (prepping and delivering) and they run around like mad men and have been known to get finished before 2 oclock, their pay is an automatic 6 hours overtime. Personally I think it's wrong, no correct methods used (ie trollies) and they prep it where they can shove 2 loops into one bag, plus it's a perfect advert for the managers to think the duties are too small.
No one bats an eye lid, not even the union reps but I can see so many wrongs in this but managers are saving money by letting this happen. Unless they cut across lawns, don't wait very long at a door when they deliver a parcel, not deliver every D2D then I find it very hard for one person to correctly do 2 duties in 4 hours.
Last edited by postiewhite on 10 Jan 2017, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

10 Jan 2017, 22:24

Been going on for years. It's the typical old system / new system clash at its best.

10 Jan 2017, 23:24

Yes but no way can they finish until five they only take reg for one walk and they do not prep or tie down both, most our walks are four hours plus.

11 Jan 2017, 16:00

Yeah, that's the old system kindly paying a visit. But you're fighting a losing battle. The lower level gaffers will never crack down on agreeing OT hours beforehand because it'll make their lives harder. They want to get home too I tend to find.

You'd have to go to at least DSM level I reckon, AND make many enemies, AND set a new national precedent for anything to change.

12 Jan 2017, 13:32

postiewhite wrote:In our office we have 3 members of staff that occasionally get to do 2 duties (prepping and delivering) and they run around like mad men and have been known to get finished before 2 oclock, their pay is an automatic 6 hours overtime. Personally I think it's wrong, no correct methods used (ie trollies) and they prep it where they can shove 2 loops into one bag, plus it's a perfect advert for the managers to think the duties are too small.
No one bats an eye lid, not even the union reps but I can see so many wrongs in this but managers are saving money by letting this happen. Unless they cut across lawns, don't wait very long at a door when they deliver a parcel, not deliver every D2D then I find it very hard for one person to correctly do 2 duties in 4 hours.

If someone can do 2 duties inside 4 hours then the duties are too small &/or must get a low volume of mail/packets.

12 Jan 2017, 14:47

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:
postiewhite wrote:In our office we have 3 members of staff that occasionally get to do 2 duties (prepping and delivering) and they run around like mad men and have been known to get finished before 2 oclock, their pay is an automatic 6 hours overtime. Personally I think it's wrong, no correct methods used (ie trollies) and they prep it where they can shove 2 loops into one bag, plus it's a perfect advert for the managers to think the duties are too small.

If someone can do 2 duties inside 4 hours then the duties are too small &/or must get a low volume of mail/packets.

Or they are not being done the correct way

12 Jan 2017, 16:28

I can't even imagine what would be done to get two duties finished inside 4 hours. Duties in my DO take no less than 3.5(good day)- 6 (Bad day) hours each! And that's running! lol

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1