ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Overtime

09 Jan 2017, 20:14

Just a quick question if you don't cut off can you choose where you want to do any overtime or does your lino have first use of you?

Overtime

09 Jan 2017, 20:42

terry2972 wrote:Just a quick question if you don't cut off can you choose where you want to do any overtime or does your lino have first use of you?

You are free to do whatever you want. Overtime is voluntary. That's RM's definition, otherwise they'd be obligated to pay us increased holiday pay.

Overtime

09 Jan 2017, 23:07

Pretty sure they can ask you to deliver wherever they want, but you can say no to overtime.

Overtime

10 Jan 2017, 01:07

You can always say "I'll do overtime but only if it's this or that" and hope that the dom sets aside the right stuff for you. Many times in the past I've said I'd do packets for a duty only to come back after my own duty and find that the dom has left the wrong ones for me...he had to do them himself because I certainly wasn't doing them! :left:

Overtime

10 Jan 2017, 05:45

terry2972 wrote:Just a quick question if you don't cut off can you choose where you want to do any overtime or does your lino have first use of you?

you can choose but you wont necessarily get it, thats up to them. You have the freedom whether or not to do any overtime, they have the freedom to allocate overtime pretty much as they see fit. Its about coming to an agreement.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1