not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Royal mail Footwear

23 Nov 2016, 19:27

Used to like the Anvils as they were the comfy 'trainer' shoes but since they have made the soles and heels really tough (probably because they only lasted about 3 months) I now find them completely unwearable. The YDS trainers are fab and they have lasted me at least 6 months. And even more surprisingly, the YDS are very waterproof so it looks like they are the ones for me.

Royal mail Footwear

23 Nov 2016, 21:09

postslippete wrote:Used to like the Anvils as they were the comfy 'trainer' shoes but since they have made the soles and heels really tough (probably because they only lasted about 3 months) I now find them completely unwearable. The YDS trainers are fab and they have lasted me at least 6 months. And even more surprisingly, the YDS are very waterproof so it looks like they are the ones for me.

I agree. I find the YDS really comfy, warm and waterproof. Orthotic soles fit really well in them. True that the heels start going after 6-ish months. Only had blisters once within my first weeks.

Royal mail Footwear

15 Aug 2017, 20:50

Trying to walk in me Anvils.... They are comfortable but hell are they heavy.... My Merrells are half the weight and less clumsy. I reckon Frankenstein trialed them for RM. The Anvils are like wearing 2lb weight belts round ankles.

15 Aug 2017, 22:41

I don't exist
Last edited by Jimbo2017 on 02 Oct 2017, 15:46, edited 1 time in total.

Royal mail Footwear

16 Aug 2017, 20:48

If there is anyone on here with big feet (11 1/2 or 12) Amazon have some Merrell Ridgepass Bolts in size eu48 for just over £30 (normally £90) I've just bought 2 pairs and they are wonderful :Very Happy They should just about take me up to retirement in 18 months............ :nana UPDATE - 20/08/17 They are now back up to £90 :sad: Anyway I hope some people managed to grab them at a bargain price..........

Royal mail Footwear

23 Aug 2017, 15:13

I've noticed on the RM uniform website that the new clown trainers have been replaced by Magnum Bandera waterproof trainers. Anyone have any feedback on these ?

Royal mail Footwear

23 Aug 2017, 15:35

I can't wear RM footwear either. I submitted my claim for footwear reimbursement in May. Still waiting for payment to come through.......

Royal mail Footwear

26 Aug 2017, 13:32

peshwaarinaan wrote:I can't wear RM footwear either. I submitted my claim for footwear reimbursement in May. Still waiting for payment to come through.......

re-submit your claim for payment always get paid mine within 10days

Royal mail Footwear

27 Aug 2017, 20:04

Having ordered and returned two pairs, the Magnums appear to have less toe room nowadays.

Royal mail Footwear

27 Aug 2017, 20:31

GT85 wrote:I've noticed on the RM uniform website that the new clown trainers have been replaced by Magnum Bandera waterproof trainers. Anyone have any feedback on these ?

The clown shoes are summer shoes that's why they have replaced with the bandera ones. Just ordered a pair myself they are more of a trainer. Number of ppl at my office says they pretty good for comfort

Royal mail Footwear

25 Apr 2020, 19:16

Bad athritis now , bought decent footwear for my condition . Had a docs note in a long time ago bit dom says need a new one . Do they (gp) send it on to work ? And it prob costs money now for them to do the note now ? Hassle during these times

Royal mail Footwear

25 Apr 2020, 19:22

:hmmmm
Chelseablue wrote:Bad athritis now , bought decent footwear for my condition . Had a docs note in a long time ago bit dom says need a new one . Do they (gp) send it on to work ? And it prob costs money now for them to do the note now ? Hassle during these times

Was told recently have to provide a new 1 every 3yrs. Not as far as i know you collect it yourself altho in these difficult times they might forward it on would doubt it tho. wasnt charged for last note off doc i guess some charge an some don't.

Royal mail Footwear

25 Apr 2020, 19:25

Thanks aiden for reply .

Royal mail Footwear

25 Apr 2020, 19:28

Chelseablue wrote:Thanks aiden for reply .

Just hope you have a decent doc an he won't charge :thumbup

Royal mail Footwear

26 Apr 2020, 20:12

Have to agree none of the footwear is good,and to think that it’s issued so should be ok is missing the point,not sure you need a doctors note to confirm that your work shoes are uncomfortable and causing you pain,are managers adhering to this policy and bringing people up who don’t wear the proper footwear?i doubt it,at the same time not sure I want to shell out a fortune on descent footwear which of course what you have to pay to do ,they do take a pounding that’s true,and never sure trials on them are a true record of the trial,but some obviously don’t have a problem with them,

Royal mail Footwear

26 Apr 2020, 21:14

robbertwhitton wrote:Have to agree none of the footwear is good,and to think that it’s issued so should be ok is missing the point,not sure you need a doctors note to confirm that your work shoes are uncomfortable and causing you pain,are managers adhering to this policy and bringing people up who don’t wear the proper footwear?i doubt it,at the same time not sure I want to shell out a fortune on descent footwear which of course what you have to pay to do ,they do take a pounding that’s true,and never sure trials on them are a true record of the trial,but some obviously don’t have a problem with them,

But what happens if you have no drs note an have an accident while wearing your own footwear who's the manager going to blame??

Royal mail Footwear

26 Apr 2020, 22:57

Well I just wonder how many staff wear there own footwear without said doctors note,as you say until you slip over,why weren’t you wearing the correct footwear,why mr manager are you letting him wear incorrect footwear?bang goes your claim.but then most people can’t even be bothered to report a dog bite so they won’t bother with a slip no doubt,and of course management won’t push it as it’s so time consuming and will impact on there day

Royal mail Footwear

27 Apr 2020, 17:57

Willing to pay a premium for footwear that helps my condition now , and get me through last few yrs in royal hell .

Royal mail Footwear

27 Apr 2020, 19:54

aiden01 wrote:
robbertwhitton wrote:Have to agree none of the footwear is good,and to think that it’s issued so should be ok is missing the point,not sure you need a doctors note to confirm that your work shoes are uncomfortable and causing you pain,are managers adhering to this policy and bringing people up who don’t wear the proper footwear?i doubt it,at the same time not sure I want to shell out a fortune on descent footwear which of course what you have to pay to do ,they do take a pounding that’s true,and never sure trials on them are a true record of the trial,but some obviously don’t have a problem with them,

But what happens if you have no drs note an have an accident while wearing your own footwear who's the manager going to blame??

Best to keep a pair of official shoes in the van/trolley, if you have an accident change them over.

Royal mail Footwear

28 Apr 2020, 16:24

Chewster wrote:I find the Magnum boots are alright, I quite like mine but they are too heavy for some people (especially if you get the steel toecaps like I did). I believe the police use Magnums so they can't be that bad

The police most definitely do not wear the Magnums that we get, they get the top knacker £70 ones

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2