not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

23 Apr 2017, 00:17

The impact of delivering this letter traffic will be excluded from normal workload
calculations.

WHY?

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

23 Apr 2017, 00:24

Harv12 wrote:we got told they all had to go in one day, we also got told we couldn't claim overtime if we went over,

So not only are you given compulsory overtime, you aren't paid for it? How much notice were you given? What about those with commitments after work, or who simply don't want to work past their finish time?

This really is a mess :arrrghhh

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

23 Apr 2017, 00:27

fishtank wrote:If you had outside commitments which meant it would be difficult to work outside your contracted hours then it would be dangerous for Royal Mail to push the issue, they could always manipulate your indoor workload to allow you to deliver the polling cards without the need for overtime

Or you could quote the overrunning procedure. Boss, which bit do you want me to leave behind?

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

30 Apr 2017, 23:04

Ok can some just confirm can I opt out to deliver the this yrs election stuff and does this include polling cards and the election papers with an address on like we did labour just thd other day

01 May 2017, 15:26

Joker007 wrote:Ok can some just confirm can I opt out to deliver the this yrs election stuff and does this include polling cards and the election papers with an address on like we did labour just thd other day

My understanding is that you can't, although you also can't be forced to work passed your finishing time.

04 May 2017, 15:57

What happens if you extend but don't deliver enough of these bloody election items at 3p an item to make even minimum wage?
Is this even legal since we're employed not self employed.

04 May 2017, 16:14

psyCrowe wrote:
Joker007 wrote:Ok can some just confirm can I opt out to deliver the this yrs election stuff and does this include polling cards and the election papers with an address on like we did labour just thd other day

My understanding is that you can't, although you also can't be forced to work passed your finishing time.

Is there anyone that can give clear clarification on opting out of delivering the un-addressed election material and where this can actually be found in writing so it can be printed out if needed??

04 May 2017, 16:17

Currently, the NMW is £7.50 per hour. So at the minimum rate of 3p per card you'd have to deliver less than 250 items per hour (not 250 addresses).

04 May 2017, 16:19

awesomepenguin wrote:
psyCrowe wrote:

Is there anyone that can give clear clarification on opting out of delivering the un-addressed election material and where this can actually be found in writing so it can be printed out if needed??

Its known as the conscience clause but in the agreement it comes under the Special Arrangements Section viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69295

National Agreement covering the Delivery of Election Material

6) Special Circumstances

It is jointly recognised that Royal Mail has a legal obligation to secure the delivery of
election material for all nominated candidates and parties.

Whilst it is expected that delivery will be made by the individual due to undertake the
particular delivery, local management will deal sensitively and sympathetically with
genuine requests to deviate from this arrangement.

Such cases may arise as a result of personal circumstances or beliefs or where an
individual believes that delivery of a particular item may incur personal risk.

If such instances arise alternative measures will be used to secure delivery. These may
include the use of volunteers from within the office or neighbouring offices to cover more
than one delivery or, as a last resort, the use of supplementary resource.

04 May 2017, 16:25

Okay, so I do understand the conscience clause bit as I have used that before in the past.

So I would not be able to just say to my line manager or DOM that I am not interested in the extra payment for the un-addressed election material and therefore I do not want to do them?

04 May 2017, 16:33

It would depend on the relationship you have with your management and how easily they can get the work covered.
You might need to offer a degree of flexibility to allow them to ensure the work is covered.

I have refused before and despite attempts at coercion on their part it really is easier for them to find a solution.
I have also been prevented from delivering any election material for using the conscience clause and refusing to deliver the BNP shite.

04 May 2017, 16:35

awesomepenguin wrote:Okay, so I do understand the conscience clause bit as I have used that before in the past.

So I would not be able to just say to my line manager or DOM that I am not interested in the extra payment for the un-addressed election material and therefore I do not want to do them?

The short answer: No

The longer answer. Probably No, because there are no personal beliefs or circumstances, or risk detailed in your request. Your request being based on not wanting the payment.

The even longer answer; Maybe - if you don't want the payment and don't mind being moved from your duty so that they can be delivered. But if you don't want to be moved then no:

04 May 2017, 16:38

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
awesomepenguin wrote:Okay, so I do understand the conscience clause bit as I have used that before in the past.

The short answer: No

The longer answer. Probably No, because there are no personal beliefs or circumstances, or risk detailed in your request. Your request being based on not wanting the payment.

The even longer answer; Maybe - if you don't want the payment and don't mind being moved from your duty so that they can be delivered. But if you don't want to be moved then no:

Okay thank you. :thumbup

04 May 2017, 16:45

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: But if you don't want to be moved then no:

I wasn't moved off my duty. Somebody had to wait until my frame was clear before prepping addressed items and then delivered them after their own delivery.
Financially it was still a good deal for them.

As a little aside - is the payment for prep and delivery or delivery only?
What happens to the payment if you prep an absorbed walk?
How do van share partnerships split the payment if one is on prep and the other on IPS?
I'm not sure - moving the election material into workload might be a good idea.

04 May 2017, 17:10

clashcityrocker wrote: As a little aside - is the payment for prep and delivery or delivery only?
How do van share partnerships split the payment if one is on prep and the other on IPS?

I've asked all those questions to my branch, CWU HQ and RM senior management and the answer is always the same, stop asking difficult questions. The truth is nobody really knows and there is nothing in any existing agreements to help so we make it up as we go along at unit level.

04 May 2017, 17:30

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Currently, the NMW is £7.50 per hour. So at the minimum rate of 3p per card you'd have to deliver less than 250 items per hour (not 250 addresses).

But you also get £10+ per hour.

04 May 2017, 18:41

NewPostieUK wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Currently, the NMW is £7.50 per hour. So at the minimum rate of 3p per card you'd have to deliver less than 250 items per hour (not 250 addresses).

I think the point is if you're over your finishing time because you're delivering election material you can't claim that £10+ per hour so all you're earning then is election leaflet payment.

04 May 2017, 18:48

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: As a little aside - is the payment for prep and delivery or delivery only?

I've asked all those questions to my branch, CWU HQ and RM senior management and the answer is always the same, stop asking difficult questions. The truth is nobody really knows and there is nothing in any existing agreements to help so we make it up as we go along at unit level.

I wondered the same thing myself, and find it very interesting that no-one has the answer, yet the phg's receive the payment as well, despite not prepping or delivering

04 May 2017, 20:44

newbie2011 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote: , yet the phg's receive the payment as well, despite not prepping or delivering

No. I don't think they do. You (usually) have to count them to claim. If the PHG's don't prep or deliver them, how can they count them? In the case of x2 delivery points (or whatever) again, the PHG's don't have delivery points, so how do they claim?

04 May 2017, 20:49

fishtank wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:

I think the point is if you're over your finishing time because you're delivering election material you can't claim that £10+ per hour so all you're earning then is election leaflet payment.

Does anyone actually go out delivering only election stuff? If I go over 30 mins delivering election material and normal mail, I claim 30 mins as I'm not delivering mail for free.

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6