not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

05 Apr 2016, 06:27

POSTMAN wrote:Of course you should count them, some at my place have 10 for 1 house!

Where are all the reps?

Usually ramming the words "local agreement" down anyone's throat who dares to question it. . . . . .

05 Apr 2016, 06:54

If the poll cards have to be counted by the walk holder (or whoever is covering the walk) then really there's no point in sequencing poll cards as they'd need to be taken out anyway

08 Apr 2016, 00:26

Just to clarify the position. If I have no interset in the extra payment then I am under no obligation to work past my contracted hours to complete the election material, or complete them within the dictated time spans?

08 Apr 2016, 01:48

Pokemon Postmon wrote:Just to clarify the position. If I have no interset in the extra payment then I am under no obligation to work past my contracted hours to complete the election material, or complete them within the dictated time spans?

You have no obligation to work past your hours EVER regardless of any payments.

11 Apr 2016, 18:54

Been thinking today after reading various election topics.

I have read the payment is purely for deliverey, so where does counting & sorting come into it?

What I have always done, is count them, and sort them in my own time ( during break, or after finish time ).

I always just accepted that this was part of the deal

11 Apr 2016, 21:42

psyCrowe wrote:Been thinking today after reading various election topics.

I have read the payment is purely for deliverey, so where does counting & sorting come into it?

What I have always done, is count them, and sort them in my own time ( during break, or after finish time ).

its all should be done in paid time, if you go over you are entitled to OT.

12 Apr 2016, 08:44

Postie45 wrote:
psyCrowe wrote:Been thinking today after reading various election topics.

its all should be done in paid time, if you go over you are entitled to OT.

My understanding is if the regular workload would take you over, then you are entitled to overtime, but where does the line get drawn? If counting & sorting election material during working hours, then that's going to effect the rest of your day, getting out later.

For example, I put them all into my frame on a quiet Tuesday during working hours, end up getting out late, working past time, in this case I wouldn't be able to claim overtime.
Putting them into frame after I've finished on a Thursday, and getting say, council tax on the Friday, then inam able to claim.

I understand the delivery part, it's the counting & sorting. Trying to get a better understanding.

14 Apr 2016, 18:11

Anyone know how long it takes to get payment? Not had anything yet and we all did them about three weeks ago

14 Apr 2016, 18:12

Alfreton wrote:Anyone know how long it takes to get payment? Not had anything yet and we all did them about three weeks ago

Got ours today for delivering Tuesday last week.

16 Apr 2016, 09:23

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Alfreton wrote:Anyone know how long it takes to get payment? Not had anything yet and we all did them about three weeks ago

Got ours today for delivering Tuesday last week.

Thanks. Think someone's made an error at our place

20 Apr 2016, 20:13

we got well and truly shafted with this, dom said not to count the items just get them preped and get out the door, he said he would double the call of the duty you were on, iv 649 so worked out at 3p per item idt get £38.94, i actually got £32.22. he has said that he only got 45k for the payment and had to only pay us 1.6 per door. i had 3 4 or 5 at most doors same with everyone else at our office. i also worked over 40 mins over and was told i couldn't claim over time.

union said payment has been made and it too late todo anything

once again shafted by this company, ive been with royal mail for over 17 year now and it get worse every single year. i used to love my job aint no more

20 Apr 2016, 20:56

union said payment has been made and it too late to do anything

What local rep? If yes go over the knob's head to area.

20 Apr 2016, 21:20

that was from area rep

19 May 2016, 17:15

Told by some dubious character in our office that we will not get paid overtime if we get the payment for election material is this just our office or is the collusion and fraudulent practices on an all together wider scale than thought.

20 May 2016, 14:14

LTB 316/26 - National Referendum - In or Out Campaign

No. 316/2016

20th May 2016

National Referendum – In or Out Campaign

Dear colleagues,

National referendum material will have begun arriving in Delivery Offices. This LTB is being circulated to hopefully provide some clarity around the documents/leaflets and what will be paid for under the terms of Election Material Agreement.

Unit payments are due for the delivery of all poll cards.

Unit payments are due for all referendum communications posted by the two designated campaign groups (Stronger In Europe and Vote Leave). Each campaign is sending one addressed mailing to each elector on the register. This will mean more than 1 item per household where there is more than 1 person eligible to vote. All will attract the unit payment.

The mail pieces are marked as ‘referendum communications’ which will distinguish them from other items.

As addressed items they have a 3 day delivery specification.

It is expected that the ‘Stronger In Europe’ and ‘Vote Leave’ campaigns will produce further versions of the referendum communications. Although each campaign can send only one referendum communication to each elector, they might send different versions at different times to addresses with more than one person eligible to vote. This could mean that different people in the same household receive a different version of the referendum communication and all will qualify for the unit payment

Any enquiries should be addressed to outdoorsecretary@cwu.org quoting reference 535.09

Yours Sincerely

Bob Gibson

CWU Assistant Secretary – Outdoor

20 May 2016, 17:23

k979aaa wrote:Told by some dubious character in our office that we will not get paid overtime if we get the payment for election material is this just our office or is the collusion and fraudulent practices on an all together wider scale than thought.

Just gets treated like ordinary mail delivered over several days in our office. As long as you're not taking the piss, like taking them all in the same day, usual unlimited overtime/cut off applies.

22 May 2016, 05:29

Poll cards - Weve been told 1.5x our number of delivery points x 3p and all to go on day with no pressure overtime allowed.
Am I correct in saying this is BS.
Can I count them and claim exact amount. And claim extended delivery if normal traffic volume is high. I can just see the argument before it occurs "you're going to every door anyway" etc etc. Fed up already...

22 May 2016, 06:08

super-postie wrote:Poll cards - Weve been told 1.5x our number of delivery points x 3p and all to go on day with no pressure overtime allowed.
Am I correct in saying this is BS.
Can I count them and claim exact amount. And claim extended delivery if normal traffic volume is high. I can just see the argument before it occurs "you're going to every door anyway" etc etc. Fed up already...

Locally all the ones I've seen have been DSA so locally all our DOs will be having to clear the poll cards in one day. If they end up in the boxes for CSS batches then they'll get run through the CSS, though it'll probably reject a good few

18 Apr 2017, 11:40

Here we go again...

UK Prime Minister Theresa May has announced plans to call a snap general election on 8 June 2017.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

19 Apr 2017, 18:54

we always get doors x2.5 and 5p per item its a national agreement

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6