not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE

02 Apr 2016, 19:29

Bottom line. I am paid by the hour. That doesn't change for x weeks of the year where RM takes on extra work during election time. I will do election materials and claim the unit payment. But you can be 100% certain that I will be claiming overtime in addition to that, should it be incurred - regardless of the reason! If they don't want to pay me the OT, then I will be going home at my finishing time and someone else can do it, on overtime presumably!

How do you decide if election materials are the cause for incurrring overtime when they are done alongside all other work? :hmmmm

02 Apr 2016, 20:32

Our office got told we had to do them in one day until we said fine but no lapsing one phone call by Dom and all of a sudden yes you can split them over two days as long as you take your lapsing.

02 Apr 2016, 20:59

our office cant even get them sorted up never mind delivered. we cant even handle the usual mail that comes through the door. :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!

02 Apr 2016, 21:59

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You can't opt out of Poll Cards

Why not?

You need a reason to opt out

Whilst it is expected that delivery will be made by the individual due to undertake the
particular delivery, local management will deal sensitively and sympathetically with
genuine requests to deviate from this arrangement.

I don't think you are dealing sensitively or sympathetically with my desire to deviate from the arrangement.
You are worse than a local manager. Did Huddersfield lose again?

In times gone by we had a DSM who refused to acknowledge the existence of the conscience clause and we were told that we either took them all or we took none.
I opted for the latter on several occasions until he moved on and a more sympathetic regime was put in place.
And I won't be doing any this year either.

03 Apr 2016, 00:34

motherhubbard wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:

Why not?

Whilst it is expected that delivery will be made by the individual due to undertake the
particular delivery, local management will deal sensitively and sympathetically with

I don't think you are dealing sensitively or sympathetically with my desire to deviate from the arrangement.

In times gone by we had a DSM who refused to acknowledge the existence of the conscience clause and we were told that we either took them all or we took none.
I opted for the latter on several occasions until he moved on and a more sympathetic regime was put in place.

Lame.

03 Apr 2016, 07:41

All our local offices received poll cards yesterday (Saturday).

For the first time since we became a MPU, they arrived uncoded and are to be sorted manually. It will take ages, staff coming in an hour early to sort them Monday. :crazy:

If they had been coded we could have sequenced our entire area through the CSS machines without running over our time by much, very strange.

03 Apr 2016, 08:51

Our cards always have to be manually sorted , normally alpha / numerically by postcode .

We can't understand why they cannot be run through the machines to come in order

03 Apr 2016, 10:30

Postie45 wrote:
postslippete wrote:
For example, we are not supposed to be paid overtime if we happen to work past our time when we are delivering D2Ds. This is because we get an additional supplement for delivering the D2Ds right? But 4 or 5 lots of D2Ds that need to be prepped and delivered would usually put me past my finish time, no question.

Whoever told you this is wrong, we no longer are paid for d2d, we get a delivery supplement but that isnt a direct payment for doing d2d - we get the same amount if we have 0 d2d that week or 5 or 6 sets.
You dont have to extend to do d2d unless you saved them all up for the entire week and tried to do them all on a Friday or something, then that would be your fauit. So long as youre spreading the workload evenly and you have so many d2d that you extend then OT should be paid.

Yes, you are right they replaced the separate door to door payments with a 'delivery supplement' i.e. a fixed rate per week. But how many times have we actually had zero D2Ds a week?? More likely, we always get at the minimum 3 lots per week and this is an area which has a lot of growth potential for Royal Mail - which means we will potentially deliver more mail and receive less money for it than what we used to get!! But you are absolutely right, we don't get paid for D2Ds anymore as even those guys working on the machines get the delivery supplement :hmmmm as well as an additional allowance for working at night.

Anyway, I totally agree with your point about delivering the D2Ds over the course of the week (as long as they include the time to prep them in work plans). We used to do that with the polling cards as well a few years ago, but now I can see the sh*t hitting the fan when they expect us to deliver them all in one day...

03 Apr 2016, 14:02

motherhubbard wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
motherhubbard wrote:

Why not?

The question you asked was about poll cards. Can you explain how poll cards fall under the conscience clause, just in case anyone at my unit wants to as well.

The election leaflets do fall under the clause and I have used it successfully myself.

03 Apr 2016, 14:27

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
The question you asked was about poll cards. Can you explain how poll cards fall under the conscience clause.

No. The sweeping statement you made was about polling cards. Who said polling cards were anything to do with the conscience clause?

Election material is extra work that isn't and never has been obligatory.
The polling cards fall under the same category and are not and never have been obligatory.
Where does it say that they are?

03 Apr 2016, 15:07

Hopefully someone will clear it up, but I don't understand how you can opt out of delivering polling cards with the conscience clause? With the leaflets, yeah you could have genuine strong feelings against delivering that bumf, but how can you be against delivering polling cards? Do you quote being against democracy!?

03 Apr 2016, 16:22

If you had outside commitments which meant it would be difficult to work outside your contracted hours then it would be dangerous for Royal Mail to push the issue, they could always manipulate your indoor workload to allow you to deliver the polling cards without the need for overtime but this would be very divisive in the office if you were still getting the payment.

Polling cards or not overtime is not compulsory, however I would only suggest this in genuine cases. It's impossible to see how you could use the conscience clause with the polling cards unless you were an anarchist in which case why are you working for the man...man.

03 Apr 2016, 16:41

NOBODY EVER SAID YOU COULD USE THE CONSCIENCE CLAUSE TO OPT OUT OF DELIVERING POLL CARDS.
(it is nothing to do with tax credits either)

03 Apr 2016, 19:04

motherhubbard wrote:Election material is extra work that isn't and never has been obligatory.
The polling cards fall under the same category and are not and never have been obligatory.

03 Apr 2016, 22:09

Do DO staff still have to count all of the poll cards for their walk?

04 Apr 2016, 06:38

SpacePhoenix wrote:Do DO staff still have to count all of the poll cards for their walk?

Some staff are told to use wild guesstimate multipliers such as 1.5x the number of houses on the walk!

04 Apr 2016, 13:40

Are the leaflets with regards to the EU vote not class as election material?

04 Apr 2016, 14:49

Alfreton wrote:Are the leaflets with regards to the EU vote not class as election material?

Not if they come as D2Ds which 1 lot did 2 weeks ago and 1 lot this week.

04 Apr 2016, 15:47

we got told they all had to go in one day, we also got told we couldn't claim overtime if we went over, and he told us not to count them just to get them sorted and out on delivery, he was going to take our call rates and double them.

Knew we where getting shafted as it was the 1st time in 17 year that i was told not to count them,

04 Apr 2016, 19:48

Of course you should count them, some at my place have 10 for 1 house!

Where are all the reps?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6