not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

17 May 2017, 18:44

.[/quote]
bowie wrote:The national agreement is 2.5 a house at 5p we had 3 days to do them,and you can cut off and you will still get paid what you got done

Please, can you provide a copy of this agreement as the rate vary from office to office and we get 1.5 a house at 3p?

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

17 May 2017, 18:57

If only people would read the entire thread, the details of the national agreement have already been posted and there is no set figure due to the regional deals that used to hold sway. As far as an amount per house, I am sure you should be counting them, because claiming any payment for work not actually done is fraud even if you are told that is how we do things in this office. I may be wrong on this but I always count my election material myself or if I am given a bundle with a piece of paper attached declaring how many are in the bundle I keep the paper or a scanned image of it.

I have known staff to be conducted for claiming payments incorrectly and you need to cover yourselves. If you are told it is 1.5 per house get it in writing or offer to count your items if they will not confirm their instructions in writing, ( I would also get a witness to you receiving the written confirmation too, just to be safe. Doms and line managers have a difficult job and may not recall all the conversations they may have each day and may even be moved around different offices so may not recall what, where and when things were agreed and with whom)

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

17 May 2017, 19:35

bowie wrote:The national agreement is 2.5 a house at 5p we had 3 days to do them,and you can cut off and you will still get paid what you got done

bogues2009 wrote:Please, can you provide a copy of this agreement as the rate vary from office to office and we get 1.5 a house at 3p?

There is no national agreement on 'exact' amounts, see the 3rd post in this thread...
1. The minimum payment for delivering election material will be 3p per item.
2. The maximum payment for delivering election material will be 6.6p per item.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

17 May 2017, 19:54

mr hil. wrote:Does anybody know if the election leaflets we receive as D2D attract a payment?

We have had 5 already as D2D beginning to think Royal Mail has arranged this so our moral goes even lower!and doesn't have to pay us
Have checked them as they have arrived and there direct from RM and not via TNT or any other company that has DSA

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

18 May 2017, 12:39

kashmir58 wrote:
mr hil. wrote:Does anybody know if the election leaflets we receive as D2D attract a payment?

We have had 5 already as D2D beginning to think Royal Mail has arranged this so our moral goes even lower!and doesn't have to pay us
Have checked them as they have arrived and there direct from RM and not via TNT or any other company that has DSA



If it comes with a control sheet and the numbers worked out then no you don't get paid for it, the normal D2D rules apply.

But if it has Election Material on it and comes with a control sheet that you have to enter the numbered delivered - then yes you get paid.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

21 May 2017, 19:09

Forgive me if this has been asked before. My rest day was last Thursday when a load of addressed leaflets came in. The Postmen were told they had 3 days to do them (ie by Monday as Saturday wasn't counted). None were touched by the floater and when I asked if I would be given an extension until Tuesday I couldn't get a straight answer.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

21 May 2017, 20:06

bmccoll wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked before. My rest day was last Thursday when a load of addressed leaflets came in. The Postmen were told they had 3 days to do them (ie by Monday as Saturday wasn't counted). None were touched by the floater and when I asked if I would be given an extension until Tuesday I couldn't get a straight answer.


I wouldn't have thought so because 3 days is the rule, but what we've done is put them in the frame last where we
were going (on Sat too - where we were going). If that made counting them difficult for payment
he/she could have just put a third in and taken them regardless.

There's no perfect way of doing it when you miss a day and aren't in control of what someone else does.
Perhaps floater thought he/she was doing you a favour so you could get all the payment (for all the work!!). From the
various posts about this it's a right cluster which will probably not happen at the next election if RM get their way.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE JUNE 8 2017

30 May 2017, 21:21

I leave all election material for the duty holder as they generally piss and moan that a pt have nicked their paments

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE DEC 12 2019

12 Nov 2019, 10:20

Being a day off cover or reserve is a right pain in the arse with GE leaflets. If you try and clear loads to help the duty holder out they go round moaning to everyone that you’re taking the food out of their mouths, yet if you leave them for them thinking they will want the money they then moan that you’ve stitched em up. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

ELECTION MATERIAL:EXTENDED DELIVERY OVERTIME ISSUE:AND MORE:UPDATE:GE DEC 12 2019

12 Nov 2019, 12:56

GRS wrote:Being a day off cover or reserve is a right pain in the arse with GE leaflets. If you try and clear loads to help the duty holder out they go round moaning to everyone that you’re taking the food out of their mouths, yet if you leave them for them thinking they will want the money they then moan that you’ve stitched em up. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.


It’s true. Two options:

1. Ask duty holder day before, in front of those they stand near, what do you want me to do tomorrow with election stuff;

2. Ask Lino on the day whilst stood at the frame, with neighbours able to hear, what leaflets do you want me to do.

Additional step depending where you are in the confidence category, once you get the answer from duty holder/Lino

“I best not hear moaning from you/the duty holder if I do that then”

Previous page Next page


Page 6 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6