not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM picks : Bank and public holidays

27 May 2017, 15:35

Hi i'm currently working for royal mail on a 30 hour contract, with a bank holiday coming up on the 29th may the duty i was coverings day off was for the tuesday this has been moved to the bank holiday like it usually is, so does this mean i can claim another day off or ask for it in overtime?

29 May 2017, 21:47

firthy wrote:Hi i'm currently working for royal mail on a 30 hour contract, with a bank holiday coming up on the 29th may the duty i was coverings day off was for the tuesday this has been moved to the bank holiday like it usually is, so does this mean i can claim another day off or ask for it in overtime?

1st, the day off shouldn't of been moved your rep should of been on the ball, and yes you can claim another day off or the money as per the 1st post in this thread.

31 May 2017, 18:20

HI my rest day was on monday and I was sick tuesday went back today do i loses my my bank hoilday credit. :crazy:

01 Jun 2017, 13:48

iceman1277 wrote:HI my rest day was on monday and I was sick tuesday went back today do i loses my my bank hoilday credit. :crazy:

No, but they may count Sunday, Monday as well as Tuesday towards your sick stages.

03 Jun 2017, 18:30

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
iceman1277 wrote:HI my rest day was on monday and I was sick tuesday went back today do i loses my my bank hoilday credit. :crazy:

No, but they may count Sunday, Monday as well as Tuesday towards your sick stages.

mmm dont seem fair didnt phone in sick till tuesday morning. :nana

04 Jun 2017, 20:00

iceman1277 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

mmm dont seem fair didnt phone in sick till tuesday morning. :nana

Then your sick starts from Tuesday not the few days before.

06 Jun 2017, 20:23

I've been off on long term Sick since February, and I have signed for a duty, so have a rolling day off. Easter Monday and 2nd May Monday bank Holidays, were on my scheduled days off. However I'm not due to return to work until end of June, do I get Lieu days for my days off falling on a Bank holiday, even though I was on sick leave, or does Sick leave stop me getting the Benefits, I'd otherwise be entitled to, if I wasn't sick?

04 Jul 2017, 20:15

Stewface wrote:I've been off on long term Sick since February, and I have signed for a duty, so have a rolling day off. Easter Monday and 2nd May Monday bank Holidays, were on my scheduled days off. However I'm not due to return to work until end of June, do I get Lieu days for my days off falling on a Bank holiday, even though I was on sick leave, or does Sick leave stop me getting the Benefits, I'd otherwise be entitled to, if I wasn't sick?

It appears I cannot claim back my Rest days when falling on a Bank Holiday, whilst signed off sick. :left: No Harm in asking though........

28 Aug 2017, 21:35

bump.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

30 Aug 2017, 08:30

Is there a timeframe for claiming money instead of a lieu day?
Do we need to notify them before the bank holiday?

27 Sep 2017, 17:14

Someone I know at a different office works s Tuesday and Wednesday night. As they have no chance of getting the time off when they want, will they be able to claim overtime for the bank holiday

26 Nov 2017, 16:57

It's that time of year again, ho ho flipping ho!

26 Mar 2018, 22:35

BUMP THE THREAD.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

19 Apr 2019, 22:25

20 Apr 2019, 20:42

Instead of 'bumping' every BH, why not make it a stickie at the top of the page?............

21 Apr 2019, 07:00

I remember kicking off with my DOM that I wasn’t getting saturdays off.

Your a reserve was his answer. You always get Tuesdays off. That’s your set day off he replied. Leading him up the garden path a little as I knew it was BS I asked was this always the case. No matter what staffing levels or anything else that was going on was my day off was always a Tuesday ? Yes he replied. Trap set the next question stumped him a little more.

So on that basis how come Christmas week my day off was moved from a Tuesday onto the bank holiday Monday so I only got one day off that week. Which accommodated the more senior staff getting their bank holiday and a day off that week. AND the same happened on the week of new year. If Tuesday is ALWAYS me day off as you have just stated how come I’m put on a Monday day off on those two weeks, I thought I always had a Tuesday off no matter what, you’ve just said that yourself. Precedent has been set and that means I can have weekends off?

Don’t think my DOM spoke to me again.

26 May 2019, 20:19

brace yourself.PNG

27 May 2019, 01:37

POSTMAN wrote:
brace yourself.PNG

Bet some in our place will come in preping D2D even though it is a day off!

27 May 2019, 06:23

k979aaa wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
brace yourself.PNG

Bet some in our place will come in preping D2D even though it is a day off!

They probably went in mumbling 'where is all the work'?

09 Apr 2020, 15:10

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3