not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Re: MRM picks : Bank and public holidays

30 May 2015, 20:13

here is the joint statement on PSP and it covers the bank holiday entitlement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

04 Jun 2015, 08:52

I am on a 25 hour contract so only work four days. If a bank holiday falls on either of my days off do I get it back?

04 Jun 2015, 16:07

realitybites wrote:I am on a 25 hour contract so only work four days. If a bank holiday falls on either of my days off do I get it back?

Yes you do.If your day off is the bank holiday you can have it as a day in leu,if they cannot give you a different day off in the same week as the bank holiday then you can,as per the company policy,have it paid as overtime instead.

04 Jun 2015, 20:50

I've had 2 of my days off fall on b/h this year, got paid for both of them. Got paid for 3 a couple of years ago. Its your choice. Some managers really haven't got a clue. Phone HR and they will confirm.

03 Sep 2015, 18:02

If my day off falls on boxing day this year, which by the looks of it will be a day off, but not technically a bank holiday, do I still get it back the same as a normal bank holiday?

03 Sep 2015, 19:03

HarryBlessKnapp wrote:If my day off falls on boxing day this year, which by the looks of it will be a day off, but not technically a bank holiday, do I still get it back the same as a normal bank holiday?

No, it will be counted as a none service and last time that happened people who were due off did not get any credit for it.

MRM picks : Bank and public holidays

25 Mar 2016, 17:16

GETTING PAID OVERTIME IF REST DAY FALLS (OR IS PUT:RE RESERVES) ON A BANK HOLIDAY

Employment policies at-a-glance Time off: annual holiday
Bank and public holidays In Royal Mail:

• If you’re not scheduled to work on a Bank holiday, you’ll receive the equivalent number of hours as a
credit to the hours you would have worked.
• If your rest day falls on a Bank holiday, your manager will check if workload allows for you to have
another day off that week.
• If that’s not possible, you can either:
» add the day to your annual holiday entitlement; or
» take the excess hours paid as overtime. This will be paid at the Monday to Saturday overtime rate

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=69810

National Agreed Interim Joint Statement covering the Deployment of People System Portal (PSP)

Where an individual’s rest day coincides with a Bank Holiday they will have the option of being credited with a day in lieu equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day or alternatively they can claim BH excess equivalent to the hours they would normally work on that day

29 Apr 2016, 21:18

Normally I get the bank holiday as my day off and I'm more than happy to, money for nothing as someone said before. But this coming week, I've got wednesday off!! I must be moving up in the manager's favour list. Now I just need to work on getting a Saturday off....Only been waiting about 17 months to get one...

30 Apr 2016, 05:27

i usually get shafted and have any bank holidays as my days off and get them in leu,but this time i have wednesday off too.My office has been told to pull the purse strings tighter for ot etc so that must be it.They dont want too many leu days building up.

02 May 2016, 18:20

Im on holiday this week, Been looking through the forums trying to find and answer but haven't stumbled across a concrete answer. Can i claim the monday as OT instead of day in lieu even though my day of this week would be saturday?

02 May 2016, 19:06

yes

05 May 2016, 16:46

And good luck claiming overtime for having a bank holiday as your day off

It never happens at our place, it's just treated as an extra day off in lieu - for the day you always wanted as a day off - Saturday please!

09 Apr 2017, 10:17

If I am on A/L next week and my day off would have been the Friday would I still be entitled to any bank holiday overtime payment?

13 Apr 2017, 11:55

sussexlad wrote:If I am on A/L next week and my day off would have been the Friday would I still be entitled to any bank holiday overtime payment?

Good Friday - on leave - yes Lieu day or OT.

28 Apr 2017, 14:09

I'm owed lieu days from Easter of 2016 and now good Friday just gone.
I've been told there's no chance of a day of in the next 3-4months and I can't take a payment instead.
I guess the cutting of staff and FT positions is really beginning to show up,any one on rehab will automatically block out lieu days,like how often is an office 100% in good health.

28 Apr 2017, 14:15

[
Last edited by wheresourmoney on 29 Aug 2018, 15:58, edited 1 time in total.

28 Apr 2017, 16:24

Yep the very first post in this thread. Its still the most current one I have seen.

28 Apr 2017, 16:49

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yep the very first post in this thread. Its still the most current one I have seen.

Sorry trueblue, what i meant to say was , i was on annual leave when the bank holiday fell within my week off, am i still entitled to the money option.

28 Apr 2017, 16:56

wheresourmoney wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Yep the very first post in this thread. Its still the most current one I have seen.

Sorry trueblue, what i meant to say was , i was on annual leave when the bank holiday fell within my week off, am i still entitled to the money option.

Yes. You are on annual leave so you are "not scheduled to work" as the first post says.. So yes you can claim as long as you follow the agreement.

28 Apr 2017, 17:26

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
wheresourmoney wrote:

Yes. You are on annual leave so you are "not scheduled to work" as the first post says.. So yes you can claim as long as you follow the agreement.

cheers trueblue, don't know what i would do without ya.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3