not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Bullying and harassment in delivery offices

20 Jul 2019, 10:41

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
ratchy63 wrote:I read about the bullying in all office and the Cwu have excepted it and done nothing is it time we got rid of this so called Union and join one that will do something about bullying by manager against the workforce

Any suggestions - just not UNITE

Any suggestions would also have to be recognised by RM otherwise they'd be no good

21 Jul 2019, 12:27

Managers who bully workers they are in charge of, to achieve bonus or make their life easier, are the scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. The way forward is not putting in a grievance or ringing the bullying hotline though. The way forward is for the CWU to use its might and funds to build a thorough dossier of evidence on these scumbags. Then employ the services of a Barrister to sue these people individually one by one in the civil courts. For their houses, their cars, compensation for their victims and even the hand made shirts off their back. After 30 or 40 of these people have publicly been through the courts, the rest, who only think of money and their career prospects, may well recalibrate their behaviour.

21 Jul 2019, 14:02

danterossetti wrote:Managers who bully workers they are in charge of, to achieve bonus or make their life easier, are the scum of the earth as far as I am concerned. The way forward is not putting in a grievance or ringing the bullying hotline though. The way forward is for the CWU to use its might and funds to build a thorough dossier of evidence on these scumbags. Then employ the services of a Barrister to sue these people individually one by one in the civil courts. For their houses, their cars, compensation for their victims and even the hand made shirts off their back. After 30 or 40 of these people have publicly been through the courts, the rest, who only think of money and their career prospects, may well recalibrate their behaviour.

I'd love to see the CWU have that cahoonas to do that. I don't think they do though.

21 Jul 2019, 16:20

This Union will do nothing we can not beat Royal Mail on your own it has to be everyone

Re: Bullying and harassment in delivery offices

28 Aug 2019, 07:52

barneyrotts wrote:in my office our revision started nearly 2 weeks ago and one day we booked nearly 6 hours pro delivery to complete our 2 shared walks then we started to cut off and the following day it became a performance issue with possible wilful delay issues!!!!.we are into our second week of this new system and really up against it as the management would never it seems admit a delivery is too big as there bosses are bullying them or so it seems.so we will continue to cut off until they listen.

31 Aug 2019, 04:17

ratchy63 wrote:This Union will do nothing we can not beat Royal Mail on your own it has to be everyone

WE ARE THE UNION

07 Nov 2019, 12:53

Is there anything that can be done with a Dom saying don't be defeatest every time you need to cut off ?

08 Nov 2019, 18:07

Dindin wrote:Is there anything that can be done with a Dom saying don't be defeatest every time you need to cut off ?

get it witnessed and then quote: appendix 3.1: get their further 'management decision' in writing...deliver up to a to pre-arranged telcon timing...use pda for the record (esp. if they don't answer)...as now out on delivery and you re-calculate the need to cut-off (and have excess mail) ask for decision "what to do with it"...as per appendix 3.2...go home, not willful/or/ unintentional delay...you have referred-up correctly (as per regs) in good time, with pre-agreed records...if done regularly this would exacerbate pressure overtime/lapsing and extra absorption pressure overtime/ election material pressure overtime and perhaps normal workload re-assessment...Oh, and put a target on yer head albeit a very dignified stance the management are being paid a bonus to cajole/'harrass' and 'bully'/persuade you to make their life and bonus easier (to obtain) on a daily basis.
p'raps this should be the CWU's best form of quiet IA, THIS XMAS...it takes a pre-printed standard form of instructions only (all legal and correct) and a concerted effort to nail the bullies with whatever remains of our worker's rights. Let's see who is defeatist then, huh? SOLIDARITY is strength...we rise together :wave

16 Nov 2019, 00:11

Well, I’ve had a week to forget. It started with a snide remark from a manager when a few of us were chatting and joking a bit “Well, I think we all know who the most lazy person in this office is”. I was completely oblivious that he might have been talking about me. I don’t know if he was, but my paranoia radar is on slightly.

I was then given, and not for the first time, far too much to try to deliver. I went out, then brought back what I couldn’t deliver. I told my manager for the day (a different one from the one above), who asked what I’d left. I sent him a picture, and his reaction was “wow” to begin with. Next thing I know, the first manager I mentioned texted me asking what I’d left. I told him, then he replied “I’ll talk to you about it in the morning”. I replied saying “What is there to talk about?”. I didn’t receive an answer after that. The following day, he made no attempt to speak with me. While on my round, I texted him asking if we could chat over the phone or when I got back to the office. No reply. I ended up texting the 2nd guy about the situation, asking what was going on. He said that the other manager had been busy delivering a parcel with him (yes, these managers go out and deliver mail EVERY DAY, just to clear as much as they can!). I felt like saying “It must have been a massive parcel, of it’s kept him from texting me back from last night until now!”.

I went back to the office at the end of my shift, and they were in the office. I said hi, and they said hi back. That was it. Nothing more said by them. It was as though nothing had been happening. I walked out of the office, but walked back in to talk about the situation. They just sat there, looking away from me, ignoring me, until I broke the ice and said hi again. I asked if they wanted to talk about the situation now or in the morning. They said “it’s been a long day. Tomorrow”.

I requested that a union rep be present when we chatted. We chatted today with the union rep present, and the manager said he thought I could have delivered more during my hours. I told him that that wasn’t true, and that it takes as long as it takes. He wouldn’t budge. It was insulting. I’ve worked, on and off, for 2 months shy of 5 years as a postman, and I’m usually one of, if not the fastest, in the office, but here I was being told by this guy that I wasn’t working hard enough. I’ve worked in a number of offices as well, and am not slow, lazy, or incapable of doing the job. He said that he knows people in the office who can deliver the mail he gives me, and that he can do it, too, and that he can't just say to his boss "I'm sorry it wasn't all delivered, but sometimes it takes longer than at other times" if the mail isn't all delivered.

Rant over. The guy is a gold-plated pr*ck, who’s left me stressed out and wanting to avoid him until I leave the company, which will hopefully be soon :/

16 Nov 2019, 17:11

christiani wrote:Well, I’ve had a week to forget. It started with a snide remark from a manager when a few of us were chatting and joking a bit “Well, I think we all know who the most lazy person in this office is”. I was completely oblivious that he might have been talking about me. I don’t know if he was, but my paranoia radar is on slightly.

I was then given, and not for the first time, far too much to try to deliver. I went out, then brought back what I couldn’t deliver. I told my manager for the day (a different one from the one above), who asked what I’d left. I sent him a picture, and his reaction was “wow” to begin with. Next thing I know, the first manager I mentioned texted me asking what I’d left. I told him, then he replied “I’ll talk to you about it in the morning”. I replied saying “What is there to talk about?”. I didn’t receive an answer after that. The following day, he made no attempt to speak with me. While on my round, I texted him asking if we could chat over the phone or when I got back to the office. No reply. I ended up texting the 2nd guy about the situation, asking what was going on. He said that the other manager had been busy delivering a parcel with him (yes, these managers go out and deliver mail EVERY DAY, just to clear as much as they can!). I felt like saying “It must have been a massive parcel, of it’s kept him from texting me back from last night until now!”.

I went back to the office at the end of my shift, and they were in the office. I said hi, and they said hi back. That was it. Nothing more said by them. It was as though nothing had been happening. I walked out of the office, but walked back in to talk about the situation. They just sat there, looking away from me, ignoring me, until I broke the ice and said hi again. I asked if they wanted to talk about the situation now or in the morning. They said “it’s been a long day. Tomorrow”.

I requested that a union rep be present when we chatted. We chatted today with the union rep present, and the manager said he thought I could have delivered more during my hours. I told him that that wasn’t true, and that it takes as long as it takes. He wouldn’t budge. It was insulting. I’ve worked, on and off, for 2 months shy of 5 years as a postman, and I’m usually one of, if not the fastest, in the office, but here I was being told by this guy that I wasn’t working hard enough. I’ve worked in a number of offices as well, and am not slow, lazy, or incapable of doing the job. He said that he knows people in the office who can deliver the mail he gives me, and that he can do it, too, and that he can't just say to his boss "I'm sorry it wasn't all delivered, but sometimes it takes longer than at other times" if the mail isn't all delivered.

Rant over. The guy is a gold-plated pr*ck, who’s left me stressed out and wanting to avoid him until I leave the company, which will hopefully be soon :/

Typical royal mail management bullying approach, tell him to do one

16 Nov 2019, 22:43

Nothing changes then :no no

18 Nov 2019, 10:03

The 'trick' is to try not to let the bastarrrds grind you down...

...some/most/'modern' (RM especially) management-types are bitter, cynical has-beens whom are being paid a bonus to reflect a management culture that gives not a toss for any of us (including them), but the pr**s are 'party-faithful' and as a cloak for their own inadequacies often make 'their own frustrations manifest themselves by persecuting others/baiting the 'normal' and inoffensive types.....because the 'bosses' are jealous, fascistic cuuuntzzzzz.....

:hmmmm thoughts...?

Previous page Next page

Page 23 of 23   1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23