not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Bullying and harassment in delivery offices

24 Oct 2018, 10:58

Creditshampoo wrote:One day, I just had a magic moment. Someone moaned I gave them a Missouri I told them to get f****d. Repeat and rinse.
No one says anything any more

I'm probably being dense, but in this instance, what is a Missouri?

24 Oct 2018, 21:24

He means missort :)

25 Oct 2018, 00:51

My dom is the worst. Waited 13 years for my own duty now taken it off me and bullies me everywhere. Time to leave methinks. This isn't a job anymore.

25 Oct 2018, 07:45

Interested-seeker wrote:He means missort :)

Ah, right, didn't think of that, thanks.

25 Oct 2018, 20:10

crimson king wrote:
Interested-seeker wrote:He means missort :)

Ah, right, didn't think of that, thanks.

:cool :chuckle

27 Oct 2018, 19:49

crimson king wrote:
Creditshampoo wrote:One day, I just had a magic moment. Someone moaned I gave them a Missouri I told them to get f****d. Repeat and rinse.

Missort?

27 Oct 2018, 19:49

crimson king wrote:

Missort?

28 Dec 2018, 16:17

MarlowPostie wrote:Posted this in the Union room but think it’s appropriate here. If not, do feel free to delete.

Tomorrow will be the end of my fourth week. However, I think it’s the end. Walked out this morning after yet more criticism that the round wasn’t completed on time yesterday. DOM maintains it can be done, no OPG agrees, many customers saying that no one stays on my duty for exactly the same reasons.

Really upset as I have really tried. Have walked up to 13.7 miles some days and all I get is that my 600 plus houses plus absorption and the lovely door to doors, which fills my trolley so it won’t shut, two drop bags and occasionally another pouch I carry from the DO can be done by 2:30. I don’t see how when nothing is ready and some days I don’t leave until nearly 11.

I tore a ligament on day 3 at work but had no time off or even interest/concern from the DOM about it. Carried on with knee in brace, always back late, never finish on time.

DOM initially refused to fill out an ERICA was threatened by another OPG with being reported but as she didn’t know how to fill one out she sat me in front of computer to fill it out myself and not tell anyone.

She thinks I need more training to complete on time. I think it’s a full time round being covered by a part time postie or I need to run rather than maintain a very brisk walk.

Heartbroken, but I feel I have been beasted and let down by totally incompetent management.

Wish I could have made it work but I can’t stand being continually criticised when I work so hard. I have never seen it completed, no one other than the DOM thinks it can be, they can’t keep people on my duty so customers really pissed off. It’s all broken and I’ve been made to feel as though I am a failure.

DOM has said “ you are not suspended for your behaviour, you will get paid for today but report tomorrow”. I guess my “behaviour” is my saying that “seeing as how you think it’s me rather than the duty/part time hours, I quit”.

Have already heard her on phone to the Régional “spinning” things to him to protect her own inefficiencies.

There is definitely history in that office and on my duty.

I am sorry, gutted that my efforts in trying to complete are not recognised.

I have new found respect for the posties who are broken every day, delivering huge amounts of packets, breaking their backs, walking half marathons with weight daily. I managed that, I just can’t do it all in part time hours.

Anyone reading this, give it a go anyway. Hopefully your experience will be less disappointing than mine. Hopefully your DO isn’t as shambolic. Get a reasonable DOM and I am sure it could be a nice job.

Power to the posties! You’re all super heroes in my view.

You could have been describing my experience in the job. It's insane that RM continue to expect 7 hours of work to be done in 3 1/2. The advice about cutting off is accurate but far easier to talk about than put into practice. I ended up telling them where to stick it after being sent out on yet another 'new to me' full round (inc. the bundling up) when only contracted for 5 hours. It wasn't particularly helpful when the DOM decided to 'help' me by printing out the shittiest imaginable map and drawing some vague lines on it supposedly showing me the route. Sadly the map did not include any road names. :crazy:

28 Dec 2018, 17:06

tone123 wrote:
MarlowPostie wrote:Posted this in the Union room but think it’s appropriate here. If not, do feel free to delete.

Tomorrow will be the end of my fourth week. However, I think it’s the end. Walked out this morning after yet more criticism that the round wasn’t completed on time yesterday. DOM maintains it can be done, no OPG agrees, many customers saying that no one stays on my duty for exactly the same reasons.

Really upset as I have really tried. Have walked up to 13.7 miles some days and all I get is that my 600 plus houses plus absorption and the lovely door to doors, which fills my trolley so it won’t shut, two drop bags and occasionally another pouch I carry from the DO can be done by 2:30. I don’t see how when nothing is ready and some days I don’t leave until nearly 11.

I tore a ligament on day 3 at work but had no time off or even interest/concern from the DOM about it. Carried on with knee in brace, always back late, never finish on time.

DOM initially refused to fill out an ERICA was threatened by another OPG with being reported but as she didn’t know how to fill one out she sat me in front of computer to fill it out myself and not tell anyone.

She thinks I need more training to complete on time. I think it’s a full time round being covered by a part time postie or I need to run rather than maintain a very brisk walk.

Heartbroken, but I feel I have been beasted and let down by totally incompetent management.

Wish I could have made it work but I can’t stand being continually criticised when I work so hard. I have never seen it completed, no one other than the DOM thinks it can be, they can’t keep people on my duty so customers really pissed off. It’s all broken and I’ve been made to feel as though I am a failure.

DOM has said “ you are not suspended for your behaviour, you will get paid for today but report tomorrow”. I guess my “behaviour” is my saying that “seeing as how you think it’s me rather than the duty/part time hours, I quit”.

Have already heard her on phone to the Régional “spinning” things to him to protect her own inefficiencies.

There is definitely history in that office and on my duty.

I am sorry, gutted that my efforts in trying to complete are not recognised.

I have new found respect for the posties who are broken every day, delivering huge amounts of packets, breaking their backs, walking half marathons with weight daily. I managed that, I just can’t do it all in part time hours.

Anyone reading this, give it a go anyway. Hopefully your experience will be less disappointing than mine. Hopefully your DO isn’t as shambolic. Get a reasonable DOM and I am sure it could be a nice job.

Power to the posties! You’re all super heroes in my view.

You could have been describing my experience in the job. It's insane that RM continue to expect 7 hours of work to be done in 3 1/2. The advice about cutting off is accurate but far easier to talk about than put into practice. I ended up telling them where to stick it after being sent out on yet another 'new to me' full round (inc. the bundling up) when only contracted for 5 hours. It wasn't particularly helpful when the DOM decided to 'help' me by printing out the shittiest imaginable map and drawing some vague lines on it supposedly showing me the route. Sadly the map did not include any road names. :crazy:

hey mr/mrs dom, if the walk can be completed in that time come out on delivery with me as you need to assess every postie in your office every year anyway and tell me where im going wrong or how i can be quicker... wait for the excuses for them not to.

11 Jan 2019, 19:01

Hi guys,

Im a 32.5 hr a week PT Postie employed since January 2012. Im considering putting in a B&H or a grievance but its against my sector management in general rather than one person. Below is a timeline of events - if you could give me your opinion i would be very grateful. Thank you.

Easter 2016. Received a phantom customer complaint after i signed for a Tracked item and was unfortunately misdelivered. Im an honest person so put my hands up and admitted it to the DOM. Got pulled in and didnt bother taking CWU. (I Know!). Had DOM shouting 'I can sack you now!' in my face. I left the office shaken. Took 6 weeks for them to come to a decision which was a 2 year Suspended Dismissal despite the fact that i had a clear conduct record. Line manager i spoke to on the way out of the building said 'He wont sack you, he is just trying to frighten you'.

Autumn 2016. Held role of CWU rep in office of 100 staff for about 3 months before bi-annual elections came about. During this time was phyically and verbally threatened by another CWU member in front of DOM who just stood there laughing.

October 2017. Offered a transfer to next town office by new CWU rep. Knew i was being set-up/moved on but wasnt happy in office so gave it some serious thought. After 6 weeks decided to give it a go however on last day of work siad to DOM i dont want to do this (Had 6 years service under belt and many friends) to which he replied 'give it a go and if you dont like it you can come back'. 3 months later and 3 transfer requests denied as 'no vacancies'. Told by area CWU rep to raise a grievance against old DOM. Did so but then two weeks later told by area DSM i have to drop it which i did. Apparently they cannot do this.

January 2018 Apply for Cover Manager role. Receive training but dont hear anything for 6 months.

October 2018 One week before accepting a monday to friday collections job told by DOM that i was needed as Cover Manager in another local office. Agree to take on new role. First day in job a line manager says 'I heard you were a right f'king pain in the arse'. Yeah thanks for that. On two further occasions this line manager screamed abuse in my face when asked a simple question 'where do i file this ERICA report?' After 2 months as Cover Manager decide to take my chances and return to delivery.

December 2018 Hear through the grapevine that DOM of original office has left and therefore a transfer back might be on the cards. Contact old office CWU rep who puts it forward to new DOM but comes back with a flat no. 2 weeks later i bump into this guy in the pub and when i ask him why he wont let me return to my original office of 6 years says he will 'knock me the f' out'.

January 2019 Notice on rota that new starters are being loaned to my original office despite the fact that there are 'no vacancies at the moment' which has been happening since i was ushered out of there in November 2017.

I know its nothing dramatic and clear cut but i feel like i have a mark against my name and i am being judged before i even get chance to prove anything. I have raised the issue a couple of times with my local CWU branch and i get the feeling they dont really want to know/drag their feet.

What do you think? Ok i could just keep my head down (again) and be a good worker but im a fighter with a string sense of justice. Any input will be much appreciated. Thank you.

26 Feb 2019, 13:12

Has anyone got a email for Rico Back? I want to email him about bullying and harassment at out office. It's getting pass a joke now.

26 Feb 2019, 13:44

UnhappyPostie wrote:Has anyone got a email for Rico Back? I want to email him about bullying and harassment at out office. It's getting pass a joke now.

Have you registered a greviance on the bullying and harassment phone line?

Re: Bullying and harassment in delivery offices

27 Feb 2019, 09:33

Mortdike123 wrote:I got so badly bullied that I'm suffering mentally since I left.
It seems unfair that managers are allowed to treat you so appallingly badly and nothing is done about it.
They get 'shipped' to another delivery office so they can bully anew.
I don't get it!
If I were to tell you my story. It would make headline news. It's that bad

Our office is just as bad. The Dom support was moved from Tomb St down to us. He is a bully and a liar. Many of his practices are illegal and he he's destroyed morale in our office. Sadly, in my case, he has won. After 20 years I'm leaving. My mental health is shot and my self-esteem destroyed. Manager is as much to blame as he lets it happen. I worry what will happen to my colleagues.

27 Feb 2019, 09:41

Brandy wrote:Royal Mail and their so called managers who have no man managements skills whatsoever should hang their bloody heads in shame about the way they treat the posties.They make out that they care about the posties health and well being,WHAT DO THEY THINK THIS CONSTANT BULLYING DOES TO THEIR MENTAL HEALTH,in the end it grinds you down,I was lucky I was able to walk away,others cant. Royal Mail you are a disgrace the way you treat your staff,with a bit of luck secret cameras will be put into delivery offices and the public will then see how appallingly the posties are treated!

Couldn't agree more. I became suicidal at the treatment I received at the hands of management. Dom even said that mental illness isn't a real sickness. When I phoned the helpline the lady I spoke to said she hears awful things about RM. I'm getting out before they break me beyond repair.

Re: Bullying and harassment in delivery offices

27 Feb 2019, 11:45

windermeredave wrote:Was told yesterday by our DOM (a lady bless her) we weren`t allowed to take our delivery pouches home, if you don`t need to come the office you need to make arrangements for them to be collected, the reason? because they are royal mail property, I pointed out so was the uniform we were wearing. do they want us to strip down to our pants and socks before going home.
Just how trivial can you get?

'a lady bless her'.... patronising git!!!

Previous page Next page

Page 21 of 23   1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23