not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Bullying and harassment in delivery offices

31 May 2017, 21:46

Creditshampoo wrote:How about being bullied every morning when cutting off and even having managers come out on delivery with you in an attempt to make you run around and cut corners into completing. And then still bringing mail back.
I'm a reserve and I've explain it will happen as long as they put me on huge duties where the duty holder comes in early doesn't have breaks runs around etc

Hi, I refuse to run as it is unsafe and ridiculous. Maybe that is why I have been moved to collections recently...shame as I miss the exercise. Hope things get better for you.

01 Jun 2017, 09:55

Creditshampoo wrote:How about being bullied every morning when cutting off and even having managers come out on delivery with you in an attempt to make you run around and cut corners into completing. And then still bringing mail back.
I'm a reserve and I've explain it will happen as long as they put me on huge duties where the duty holder comes in early doesn't have breaks runs around etc

Where is your rep when this is happening ?

01 Jun 2017, 20:37

South_London_Postie wrote:

Where is your rep when this is happening ?

Yes doing his best
Last edited by Creditshampoo on 15 Jun 2017, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

13 Jun 2017, 18:33

Let me tell you all now the company, the union and OH don't want to know, they just don't want to know. Myself and a colleague have been off as a result of management bullying and harassment for 15 months. Another colleague also off for the same reason in the end took ill health retirement. Never mind being at work they even continue with it when you're off work, the endless letters saying illness isn't genuine, that you're perceiving things, threats of stopping sick pay, threats of dismissal. Original complaint downgraded to grievance, investigating manager found harassment had taken place, was individual who caused all the problems removed? Was he hell, we were just told go back and work with him on mediation, he is still behaving the same way and we are expected to just go back and accept it? The union never forces the policy. If a complaint is made ' the individual is removed pending further investigation'. What have they to hide? Why does no one take mental health issues seriously? No one goes off sick lightly, 15 months later and struggling financially, suffering depression, mental health issues and still the bullying and harassment continues. Yet despite various GP reports, sick notes and letters requesting please take our mental health issues seriously they pursue with their heavy handed approach!

11 Sep 2017, 18:10

fishtank wrote:From this months Outdoor Bulletin
Think it deserves it's own thread.
Maybe even a stickie.
Now's your chance to make yourselves heard.

In recent months there has been an increase in the number of reports/queries coming into the department regarding bullying and harassment of our members in delivery offices. Stories of members feeling intimidated on a regular basis with most of this centring on members being forced to work beyond their time in order to complete deliveries or being accused of under performing or being slow. This type of approach will not be tolerated and we are currently gathering evidence from around the Country to raise this with Royal Mail at the highest level. If you have been or are subject to this or know someone who has or is please let the dept know by letter, or phone call or preferably by email to outdoorsecretary@cwu.org
Bob Gibson – CWU Assistant Secretary Outdoor

.How is it even legal for DMs to FORCE people to work past their finish times,,would the person being forced to work past their official finish time be insured,whilst performing work after their shift has ended?
Where would the individual stand if he/she was injured whilst working ,not on duty.,
The DM would be in a very sticky situation indeed,,under the health and safety legislation,,he could well be looking at best,,a hefty fine,,at worst,,a prison sentence..the DMs need to be VERY careful forcing people to work on after their official time has ended.

11 Sep 2017, 18:28

cantonkid1955 wrote:
fishtank wrote:From this months Outdoor Bulletin
Think it deserves it's own thread.
Maybe even a stickie.
Now's your chance to make yourselves heard.

In recent months there has been an increase in the number of reports/queries coming into the department regarding bullying and harassment of our members in delivery offices. Stories of members feeling intimidated on a regular basis with most of this centring on members being forced to work beyond their time in order to complete deliveries or being accused of under performing or being slow. This type of approach will not be tolerated and we are currently gathering evidence from around the Country to raise this with Royal Mail at the highest level. If you have been or are subject to this or know someone who has or is please let the dept know by letter, or phone call or preferably by email to outdoorsecretary@cwu.org
Bob Gibson – CWU Assistant Secretary Outdoor

.How is it even legal for DMs to FORCE people to work past their finish times,,would the person being forced to work past their official finish time be insured,whilst performing work after their shift has ended?
Where would the individual stand if he/she was injured whilst working ,not on duty.,
The DM would be in a very sticky situation indeed,,under the health and safety legislation,,he could well be looking at best,,a hefty fine,,at worst,,a prison sentence..the DMs need to be VERY careful forcing people to work on after their official time has ended.

Forcing people to work past their finish times isn't legal.
The person working past their official finish time is insured.
The individual can't be "working ,not on duty".
"at best,,a hefty fine,,at worst,,a prison sentence" is something we will believe when, if, it happens.

20 Oct 2017, 08:20

At our branch we are being threatened with tge sack if we don't achieve 100% success on scanning 2d codes is this the norm. Every day the failing walks are read out and the pressure is taking its toll and moralmis rock bottom

20 Oct 2017, 16:22

Royal Mail and their so called managers who have no man managements skills whatsoever should hang their bloody heads in shame about the way they treat the posties.They make out that they care about the posties health and well being,WHAT DO THEY THINK THIS CONSTANT BULLYING DOES TO THEIR MENTAL HEALTH,in the end it grinds you down,I was lucky I was able to walk away,others cant. Royal Mail you are a disgrace the way you treat your staff,with a bit of luck secret cameras will be put into delivery offices and the public will then see how appallingly the posties are treated!

01 Nov 2017, 14:14

Hi ,I’m a new postie only just started with Royal Mail in June 17 at Leicester meridian and have just quit today 1 nov 17 due to some managers having no people skills at all and having no respect and talk to you like crap . I have been a hgv driver for 30 years and wanted a change ,I thought a 25 hour postie job would be nice , I’d get some exercise and be outside .I really enjoyed the job ,but very disappointed that the management are like that , I’m not taking that off anybody ,I’ve had to bite my tongue on more than one occasion, can’t work there . Back to lorry driving then , absolutely disgusted !!

03 Nov 2017, 16:43

As I have said before and will say again ALL THIS BULLYING AND APPALLING TREATMENT DISHED OUT BY THE SO CALLED MANAGERS OF ROYAL MAILTO THE POSTIES [BY THE WAY I WONDER IF THEY GO HOME BLOODY PROUD OF THEMSELVES AFTER HAVING REDUCED POSTIES TO TEARS] WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND IT WILL COME BACK AND BITE THEM,IT ALWAYS DOES,ONLY PERHAPS 10 TIMES WORSE!!!!!! I wouldnt want to be in their shoes then!!

15 Nov 2017, 16:17

Brandy wrote:As I have said before and will say again ALL THIS BULLYING AND APPALLING TREATMENT DISHED OUT BY THE SO CALLED MANAGERS OF ROYAL MAILTO THE POSTIES [BY THE WAY I WONDER IF THEY GO HOME BLOODY PROUD OF THEMSELVES AFTER HAVING REDUCED POSTIES TO TEARS] WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND AND IT WILL COME BACK AND BITE THEM,IT ALWAYS DOES,ONLY PERHAPS 10 TIMES WORSE!!!!!! I wouldnt want to be in their shoes then!!

Obviously it's not acceptable for ANY worker to be, so, upset that they're in tears. Some call this bullying/harassment, I feel it's a lot worse than that. It IS personal intimidation. Preying on the weakest and dividing to conquer the workers that are employed by RM that do the job properly. If you are a worker that has abandoned meal relief as well as your park and loop trolleys. What do you expect to happen next?

15 Nov 2017, 23:49

Close to telling my managers to go and do one. :evil/mad

16 Nov 2017, 15:30

Sometimes this thread annoys me. There's bullying in every organisation. It annoys me because some people who post in here criticising them and rightly so. Bullying is never acceptable, but some people think the Royal Mail is unique with all the bullying.

I've had worse treatment at a different employer.

The Royal Mail have been very helpful for me with family issues, the odd manager were right old twunts but overall very good.

16 Nov 2017, 22:38

Mobey wrote:Sometimes this thread annoys me. There's bullying in every organisation. It annoys me because some people who post in here criticising them and rightly so. Bullying is never acceptable, but some people think the Royal Mail is unique with all the bullying.

I've had worse treatment at a different employer.

The Royal Mail have been very helpful for me with family issues, the odd manager were right old twunts but overall very good.

Unfortunately, because there is a shortage of jobs and most staff are easily replaceable....the majority of workplaces treat their employees like crap. But I have never known a place to discourage breaks til RM.

17 Nov 2017, 02:31

What I cant get my head round is that a lot of RM managers were rubbish posties,so how on earth can they tell other posties how to do the job when they were incapable of doing it well themselves in the first place!!!!!!!! :arrrghhh

17 Nov 2017, 16:45

I think a lot of managers on a day to day basis have their focus primarily on clearing the office.
If you eventually get them to lift their heads and realise something else is going on (bereavement/illness/divorce etc) they sometimes do behave like real human beings.

22 Nov 2017, 18:14

Starting to see my first signs of management pressure this week and last, with overtime being questioned. Got a gruff 'why is anyone going over on a Tuesday?' when doing the usual morning overtime bargaining ritual, to which my even gruffer response was 'because there's a s**t load of packets and overweights.' Got left alone then. :roll: It might have been a Tuesday, but there's a certain something happening in just over a month that might have some bearing...

12 Mar 2018, 11:26

I was wondering if someone could give me some information, but I want to try hide my identity by not giving too much away.

I'm still fresh to Royal Mail to begin with. My first week was great, I went out with someone and we done a short walk for a day and then went over the booklet with the traffic light tick boxes. The second week I started to feel really stressed. I am meant to be on a 19.5 contract and everyday I am going over 1,2 or three hours. An example I had recently - I was asked to work overtime for 6.5 hours, which I agreed, I started at nine and yet didn't get finished until 6.. with no breaks. I don't know how the guys work the breaks or whatever, but my feet where covered in blisters and my left knee went bad.

I raised my concerns of going over my time and finding it too much pressure, as I still don't know the basic fundamentals of the job. The manager just started rhyming off how long each loop should take and 20 minutes extra if your new and walked away from me. I was then approached by another manager asking could I be more efficient in future in regards to that shift I worked for nine hours. I was sent out without a PDA, and I was getting handed my trolley, the two bags and plus I told to take the paper boy type bags, full of packets to put over the trolley handle.. which is over your weight and not following proper safety measures I'm assuming?

I was coming home every day exhausted and I'm not afraid to admit that I had a break down due to the amount of stress, which I've been given medication and I need to refer to my doctor.

I thought I got lucky getting the job with Royal Mail, but the lack of care of duty and the attitude from the managers makes me want to tell them to stuff there job. 9.51 isn't worth my happiness and mental health.

Sorry to vent, I just want to know if others have been in a similar situation and what have they done?

12 Mar 2018, 13:08

By a lot of posts this bullying and harrassment by so called managers of RM still hasnt been addressed by the union! :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no :no no

12 Mar 2018, 16:21

I was asked to work overtime for 6.5 hours, which I agreed,

Hindsight's a wonderful thing but you've probably realised now not to offer to do O/T until you've got used to delivering.

I was sent out without a PDA

WTF!!! - No wonder you took ages - management incompetence!

handed my trolley, the two bags and plus I told to take the paper boy type bags, full of packets to put over the trolley handle.. which is over your weight and not following proper safety measures I'm assuming

Just to clarify - just a bit confused as to what you had to take out and which type of trolley - what mail did you have in your High Capacity Trolley? - 'the two bags' and then another bag over the handle full of packets? Or was it even a light weight trolley (if it was two bags either side)? Never heard of putting a bag of parcels over
the handle of a LWT....

Whatever the load was see the SSOW for High Capacity Trolley here: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=31871.

Bag over the handle possibly against security procedures as well as making the trolley unwieldy: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... hp?id=4408

didn't get finished until 6.. with no breaks

Take your break(s) - if you go sick and you say it's because you didn't have a break management will close ranks and say 'We never stopped you, it's your own fault'

These forums are brilliant for picking up nuggets of information and advice which will help you but which management will never tell
you and unfortunately your own colleagues will know but forget to tell you because it's second nature to them. Knowledge is the power to defend yourself!

If you haven't already - join the Union and find out who your office rep is and get him/her on board with what's going off.

Don't let them get you down!

Previous page Next page

Page 13 of 19   1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19