not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




Do you enjoy your work?

21 Sep 2020, 14:41

I'm not sure you are supposed to enjoy your job, that is why you get paid to attend?

Do you enjoy your work?

21 Sep 2020, 15:43

9 year old thread. What took you so long?

Do you enjoy your work?

21 Sep 2020, 15:56

deltaforce wrote:9 year old thread. What took you so long?

Lapsing probably.

Do you enjoy your work?

22 Sep 2020, 08:27

twoloops wrote:I'm not sure you are supposed to enjoy your job, that is why you get paid to attend?


A very Victorian view, I prefer the other approach. A happy worker is an efficient and proficient worker.

Do you enjoy your work?

22 Sep 2020, 19:52

I’m happy, best job I’ve ever had, I get paid for the hours I work and am treated fairly most of the time.

Downsides: holiday pay issue and job security worries.

Lack of organisation is a problem too, a lot of which could be sorted very simply

Just as an example, things like spending 5 minutes looking for the van every single day (we have 70/80 vans)....that’s 20 hours a year wasted multiplied by most workers here. Could be so easily sorted by having a column in the log book where you write down the bay number you’re parked in (or if you don’t have numbered bays, you simply write ‘near main entrance’ or ‘next to tyre inflator‘).

Do you enjoy your work?

22 Sep 2020, 20:21

Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that :thumbup

Do you enjoy your work?

22 Sep 2020, 20:24

twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that :thumbup


All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)

Do you enjoy your work?

22 Sep 2020, 21:34

HTPostman wrote:
twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that :thumbup


All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)

If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?

Do you enjoy your work?

22 Sep 2020, 21:41

Yes I love my job and take great pride it in. But how I am treated on a temporary contract makes me depressed and worried often. I wish for permanent but it is taking forever

Do you enjoy your work?

26 Sep 2020, 21:07

SpacePhoenix wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that :thumbup


All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)

If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?


they are at mine but that doesn't stop people parking in the wrong bay, or parking in multiple bays, or just flat out parking like s**t.

posties at my office will park obstructively if it means they'll be able to get out on delivery 5 mins before everyone on their sector.

Do you enjoy your work?

26 Sep 2020, 21:28

xPandabear1992x wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that :thumbup


All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)

If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?


they are at mine but that doesn't stop people parking in the wrong bay, or parking in multiple bays, or just flat out parking like s**t.

posties at my office will park obstructively if it means they'll be able to get out on delivery 5 mins before everyone on their sector.

Let their tyres down

Do you enjoy your work?

27 Sep 2020, 09:01

k979aaa wrote:Let their tyres down
:Applause

Now that would upset them .... all that time wasted blowing them back up again! Perhaps they'd be better off parking sensibly next time?

We asked if we could get the parking bays re-painted, as they're still marked up for the Old Combis (and now we've mainly got the larger Peugots). Was told couldn't be done due to Budget Restraints. :crazy: Unable to play the "Common Sense Card" we just put up with several people just parking like assholes! Obviously too BIG a problem for the DOM to manage effectively. :cuppa

Do you enjoy your work?

27 Sep 2020, 21:13

SpacePhoenix wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
twoloops wrote:Not a problem I just read the number plate off the front of the logbook & look for that :thumbup


All our vans are numbered. But approx 80 vans all around the outside of the building, numbers (and number plates) blocked by other vans...unless you’re Superman I think you might struggle ;-)

If they're all in marked bays, why not paint numbers on the bays and have each van allocated to its own parking bay?


A question for management.

To be filed alongside:

-Why doesn’t the rota for the following week go up until the Friday.
-Why can’t flat access codes be printed off and put in the walk log or stapled to the frame.
-Why is there a manager here on circa £32k who’s sole job is to collect trays.
-Why is there someone being paid ghost OT until 11.30pm when there are others going home 2 hours early.

But yes I still enjoy my work :-)

Do you enjoy your work?

27 Sep 2020, 21:37

Erm cant say enjoy but it's something I have to do to pay the Bill's dont know how better to explain it.there will be worse jobs but if I won money I would leave if it was enough to keep me lol.

Do you enjoy your work?

27 Sep 2020, 21:46

I love my job it gave me two kncakerd knees a bad back neck and flat feet a limp and the ability to pontificate debate regurgitate and not least master debate on here well is not life wonderful.

Do you enjoy your work?

11 Oct 2020, 17:59

Well after 42 years I'm off...had enough...weeks notice going in tomorrow...the van sharing was the last straw. Whether it gets overturned or not will not affect my decision. Am too old for all this crap, baby managers who haven't got a clue, all arse lickers looking out for themselves. I'm too bloody old to be putting mine and my elderly, vulnerable, relatives health at risk, the continuous catch up of the backlog, delivering in all weathers, going into offices and shops with people wearing mask as chin warmers and me with only a hand sanitizer and a sodden wet mask as my shields of armour.
EVR has been the dangled carrot for last few years...but as people are leaving in droves, we are short staffed...baby boss said maybe next year?? Aye lad, and maybe next year you'll have grown a pair!!
Eighteen months from retirement age, eighteen months of who knows what may happen??
I'd like to say it's been a real pleasure working for Royal Mail...but it hasn't, in the last 20 years it has gone downhill rapidly and dragged our morale down with it. Life's too short, and mine is getting shorter every day :wave :wave

Do you enjoy your work?

11 Oct 2020, 18:53

Good luck and farewell and all the best.

Do you enjoy your work?

11 Oct 2020, 20:30

Cheers mate...appreciate that :thumbup

Do you enjoy your work?

11 Oct 2020, 21:13

Been with RM about 2 years now, still on a P/T contract with no hope of being made up although I start early for prep with F/Ters and do collections whenever I can, I'm pushed from pillar to post without warning every day and with no notice. I'm 25 now and I've had enough, been looking for a new job the last month but because of this covid bollocks I'm stuck. I've worked in a fair number of places since leaving school and I can say with some authority that RM are very poorly managed for such an important service, which is a shame.
When the work loads are fair and I can have my break or not cut off almost every day due to absorptions and an impossible amount of tracked parcels then the jobs fine but all too often am I rushing about for bugger all reward or thanks and am constantly butting heads with my lino and DOM about it.
Think I’m going to look into what the railway has to offer, seems like their union actually does something rather then just talking…

Do you enjoy your work?

12 Oct 2020, 19:16

summersunshine wrote:Well after 42 years I'm off...had enough...weeks notice going in tomorrow...the van sharing was the last straw. Whether it gets overturned or not will not affect my decision. Am too old for all this crap, baby managers who haven't got a clue, all arse lickers looking out for themselves. I'm too bloody old to be putting mine and my elderly, vulnerable, relatives health at risk, the continuous catch up of the backlog, delivering in all weathers, going into offices and shops with people wearing mask as chin warmers and me with only a hand sanitizer and a sodden wet mask as my shields of armour.
EVR has been the dangled carrot for last few years...but as people are leaving in droves, we are short staffed...baby boss said maybe next year?? Aye lad, and maybe next year you'll have grown a pair!!
Eighteen months from retirement age, eighteen months of who knows what may happen??
I'd like to say it's been a real pleasure working for Royal Mail...but it hasn't, in the last 20 years it has gone downhill rapidly and dragged our morale down with it. Life's too short, and mine is getting shorter every day :wave :wave

I wish you well and all the best my friend,very well summed up,others will read it and just scoff at it with the stop your moaning routine,in my 38/th year now and at 59 it’s lost it’s enjoyment with the selfish workers who happily cut corners and get away with murder,and never challenged by an incompetent so called manager,who has a tick box money saving point scoring to his boss at the heart of all he does!!!

Previous page Next page


Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4